Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I mean he's a good player and all, but he's not from the veteran's committee, they're debating between Chuck Howley, Joe Klecko and Ken Riley. This is the first time Albert Lewis has made the finalists list and he retired in '98. Just seems a weird selection

Ok yeah in that case I have no clue either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I mean he's a good player and all, but he's not from the veteran's committee, they're debating between Chuck Howley, Joe Klecko and Ken Riley. This is the first time Albert Lewis has made the finalists list and he retired in '98. Just seems a weird selection

It’s apparently his last year of eligibility, so I guess someone decided he deserved at least a nomination before his time ran out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4usQRKIJcLc

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Added some top of the byline accomplishments for the main 15. Still don't get why Albert Lewis is there over Wilfork, Smith or either Harrison

Man's apparently got better things to do anyway:

https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1610831264466243589

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
put in coryell

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

put in coryell

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

willie kicks fucken rear end

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

that entire finalist list is players id be happy to put in the hall. Banger of a list.

Outside of maybe the WRs not named Andre who got benefits of playing for the greatest show on turf or peyton respectively. Still drat good players.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

put in coryell

You say this every year

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

adaz posted:

that entire finalist list is players id be happy to put in the hall. Banger of a list.

Outside of maybe the WRs not named Andre who got benefits of playing for the greatest show on turf or peyton respectively. Still drat good players.

You mean Colts legend Andre Johnson, staple of the Andrew Luck era?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

You mean Titans legend Andre Johnson, staple of the Marcus Mariota era?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

BlindSite posted:

Steve Smith was better than those 3 WRs.

We had that argument last year, yeah :smith:

I was going to ask if the deciding factor was winning a super bowl, but Andre Johnson is on the list.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

EmbryoSteve posted:

You say this every year

Every year it's true.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/1610757162808102912

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Someone who can hurt me in a way that lets me know I'm safe

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/Tickets_Buffalo/status/1610476277160636418

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

No contest, consider it a tie for whatever purposes of seeding, records, etc. This is really not loving hard, roger.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

Every year it's true.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Andre Johnson is the best receiver in that entire list. Not even close imo.

Steve smith is a stud and all that even ignoring his lovely pop shots on teammates and all but Andre was the only thing on offense for YEARS and dude just produced.

He was incredible. Next level incredible

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hell i think steve smith should have punched more of his teammates, they might have won a super bowl then

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

This tweet but replace the video with him listing the ingredients of the Dangerwich

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kalli posted:

HoF Finalists Announced:
Patrick Willis 5x all pro, all-2010's team, Defensive ROTY

The Niners have had a lot of stars on defense, but #52 was something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0TryKsdGs

On so many of these clips the ball carrier goes down like a seal being taken by an orca. The best ones are when the camera is tracking the runner, and then it looks like they get yanked backwards on the tackle. It's an optical illusion, but I bet it didn't feel like one to the subjects.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Willis should be a shoe-in. 5x all-pros is ridiculous and the only people who have more are Bobby Wagner, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, and Ray Lewis. All hall of famers (or will be with Wagner) of course.

The 7 years are rough I guess but like he spent 5 of those as AP all pro soooooooooooooooooooo

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think quitting on the team and THE LEAGUE puts him on a lifetime blacklist tbh

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Put in Big Vince. He created the buttfumble.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mllaneza posted:

The Niners have had a lot of stars on defense, but #52 was something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf0TryKsdGs

On so many of these clips the ball carrier goes down like a seal being taken by an orca. The best ones are when the camera is tracking the runner, and then it looks like they get yanked backwards on the tackle. It's an optical illusion, but I bet it didn't feel like one to the subjects.

Willis was the player I wanted most in the draft that year. Panthers ended up with beason which was fine until he fell apart, but Willis was dominant in the SEC in ways you rarely see.

I remember watching this game at a bar and the entire place went OOOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq3dRWPELto

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Steve Smith never punched anyone who didn't need punching.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1610999842070794241?s=46&t=AtywcGsfR9ZL8i84nXnoEw

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i believe in him

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Kalli posted:

And the 10 guys who didn't make the cut:

Vince Wilfork
Steve Smith
Fred Taylor
Anquan Boldin
Rodney Harrison
James Harrison
Robert Mathis
Hines Ward
London Fletcher
Henry Ellard

Good. gently caress Hines Ward.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Steve Smith never punched anyone who didn't need punching.

What did Ken Lucas do

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Good. gently caress Hines Ward.

I feel the same way about Rodney Harrison not making it. Bonus being, I can't help but think he gets legitimately pissed off about it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If Bengals V Bills happens in the divisional the NFL is just going to play it at whatever neutral site has the most suites because they love money.

There are three NFL stadiums that will be unoccupied that are roughly equidistant between the two teams but it's going to be in Vegas for $$$$$.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

now these are the stats I crave

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if bengals/bills happens in the playoffs it will be at 1 Bills Dr, Orchard Park, NY 14127. also demarcus ware is linebacker jj watt and got robbed of a dpoy

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 5, 2023

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

76 jet sweeps let's do it i believe in you kenny

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thecomeback/status/1611035666527256578?t=BoKu30cDSgUFa0UvMCiV7Q&s=19

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Those actually seem like reasonable accommodations in this case. Everyone gets helped a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I feel like someone is floating this idea to see if anyone will bite.

Neutral Site AFCCG seems fineish, the other option seems pretty dumb. e: there are no good solutions here of course