Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Milo and POTUS posted:

It looks like he forgot to take his gun out of the plastic sprue

1. Lol and 2. Some men do need tampons in any case welcome to the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tokin opposition posted:

1. Lol and 2. Some men do need tampons in any case welcome to the future

Those are MANPADS, OP.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lol the subreddit went private

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

christmas boots posted:

laughing my artits out

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Platystemon posted:

Those are MANPADS, OP.
no, that's some kind of anti-drone jammer

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
still easier and cheaper to fire bullets at the flying thing instead

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lollontee posted:

some cowards don't appreciate bullets flying over their heads and landing in their houses

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Platystemon posted:

Those are MANPADS, OP.

What are these funny looking guns supposed to fire?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

mycomancy posted:

Bad dragons

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Magic.

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

mycomancy posted:

They're often proprietary, but the basic idea is that they jam the communication between drone and the operator. Most civilian drones will have some kind of fail safe where the drone will attempt to land if it looses signal from the remote.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alucard posted:

Bad dragons

lmao

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

XTimmy posted:

They're often proprietary, but the basic idea is that they jam the communication between drone and the operator. Most civilian drones will have some kind of fail safe where the drone will attempt to land if it looses signal from the remote.

Oh so it's just a big stupid antenna with a trigger? Lame.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Lone Badger posted:

Aren't all rifles anti-drone rifles?

A high-end drone has a range measured in kilometers.
A rifle only has a range of a few hundred meters.
Also these don't fire bullets! They're closer to noisemakers since that's how you jam and disable a drone. Your gun yells at it in drone-speak until it goes mad and returns to the earth.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

christmas boots posted:

quote:

This sub is currently private because we have been brigaded for the past week, with no significant help or response from the admins. We expect to reopen once we have the support we have requested. We are ignoring all modmail and join requests, so please do not expect a response.

lmao

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Autonomous cargo light military helicopter (early 2010s)
https://www.wired.com/2014/07/kmax-autonomous-helicopter/

now taking civilian orders(2021)
https://newatlas.com/aircraft/kaman-k-max-titan-unmanned-helicopter/

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
aw it doesn't look anywhere close to the dahir insaat transport drones

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

harsh, but fair. If that guy isn't using AI than he is just wasting hours of his life making a pic like that manually

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Eyes of Sauron

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
as r/art people think AIs just grab random poo poo from google images and put it together in a collage, I can see why they thought that image was AI art

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Rutibex posted:

harsh, but fair. If that guy isn't using AI than he is just wasting hours of his life making a pic like that manually
hey, it's paid work

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ymgve posted:

as r/art people think AIs just grab random poo poo from google images and put it together in a collage, I can see why they thought that image was AI art

...don't they?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

...don't they?
artificial intelligence doesn't use google images, it goes straight to the source

pinterest

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HootTheOwl posted:

...don't they?

imagine a tiny man trapped in a box. you show this man thousands of arts and tell him to paint a similar art or you will electrocute the box. eventually the man learns how make good arts to avoid your sadism and beautiful painting start coming out of the box

that's how art AI works

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
also the man is usually pretty racist

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rutibex posted:

imagine a tiny man trapped in a box. you show this man thousands of arts and tell him to paint a similar art or you will electrocute the box. eventually the man learns how make good arts to avoid your sadism and beautiful painting start coming out of the box

that's how art AI works

That's not how it works. I know that, at least.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

yeah no poo poo there's no man that actually lives in the computer that's why you have to imagine it

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
It is even funnier, because that was a commissioned picture. Commissioned by a goon.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

HootTheOwl posted:

The point is that the models (the "brain" of the AI) are only a few gigabytes in size, works completely offline, and does not contain raw image data.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah no poo poo there's no man that actually lives in the computer that's why you have to imagine it

What do you mean there isn't, I can clearly see him driving my trucks in Snowrunner

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

What do you mean there isn't, I can clearly see him driving my trucks in Snowrunner
those are your video drivers

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

lollontee posted:

yea but even for police with state backing and immunity to prosecution, it's embarrassing to have the idiotking die because a squad of pigs dumped several magazines into the sky and killed 5 bystanders while still failing to hit the target

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

The point is that the models (the "brain" of the AI) are only a few gigabytes in size, works completely offline, and does not contain raw image data.

It does scrape the internet during training. the datasets are not a big folder full of a billion GB of pics, the dataset is just urls

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Well there is but he's scrapbooking, deciding that the platonic ideal of Rat includes: beady eyes and a tail and paws with some number of toes and collecting some approximations of all these for later collaging.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lol at how fast people got tired of deep synthesis output.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Rutibex posted:

It does scrape the internet during training. the datasets are not a big folder full of a billion GB of pics, the dataset is just urls

actually the datasets for training ARE a big folder full of billion GB of pics, because re-scraping the URLs every time you retrain your model is wasteful

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
none of you seem like you know what you're talking about when you describe it so I'm gonna assume you don't know. I definitely don't know but I at least I know that.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
it's a set of very complicated equations that describe the entire possible space of anime titties

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

it's a set of very complicated equations that describe the entire possible space of anime titties

like a anime titty fractal. the more you zoom in the more anime you find

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

none of you seem like you know what you're talking about when you describe it so I'm gonna assume you don't know. I definitely don't know but I at least I know that.

That's because no one really knows, neural nets are black boxes almost by design. You could probably run into someone who could tell you about weights and tokenizers and attention heads and poo poo but to most people you just run code that feeds a training set into a Transformer model and it starts generating different output.

And obviously the people who make them keep everything very secret so they can charge for it so they can feel very interesting and important because the technology is simply too dangerous to fall into the hands of common people