Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao. a lot of dark material hidden in anybody with a D&D posting past, myself included

indigi posted:

what was this story

homex was admin at the time and denied xinjiang being a genocide and got into the qcs cycle and got assblasted and selfbanned or w/e

we got em back by making jeff a holodomor denier. booyah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

redneck nazgul posted:

it got stalin a seat at the UN but he only needed the edge

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I am against not just The Ukrainian Holodomor, but all potential Holodomors. They seem bad to me.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Why do people feign such ridiculous aggrievement over this thread anyway. If there was any actual problem it would have been closed long ago

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Futanari Damacy posted:

Why do people feign such ridiculous aggrievement over this thread anyway. If there was any actual problem it would have been closed long ago
war freaks are some of the worst obnoxious group of people i've ever seen for 20+ years on the forums, which is an exceptionally high bar

excited to see what 2023 brings

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
A lot of people genuinely buy into the mainstream American imperialism that the ideological state apparatuses shove in their faces for their entire lives. It's why leftists who don't read theory and practice historical materialism end up as useless anarchists who are fully happy to support the American imperial project in all the ways that matter.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

war freaks are some of the worst obnoxious group of people i've ever seen for 20+ years on the forums, which is an exceptionally high bar

excited to see what 2023 brings

i missed this period before i started browsing but i'm sure 2003 still takes the cake

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
That's probably true but the ideological landscape of 2003 provided our generation with pretty severely limited options, it's harder for me to blame them than the current freaks.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I just don't get the love of war. War is an evil! I would be worried about my soul being damned if I were them. :ohdear:

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
e: wait this thread isnt about liberals it's about the holdomort definitely happening

PiratePrentice has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Jan 2, 2023

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

PiratePrentice posted:

I often suspect that liberals don't have souls

Honestly I kinda feel like even a fascist has more of a soul than a hardcore liberal, they seem to have a much better handle on humanity and hate and love and fear and the things that actually drive people to act in the world than most liberals do. Fascists are the worst evil that exists and need to be resisted in all ways, violently and otherwise, but I just can't shake the feeling that they occupy the opposite side of the coin of humanity from communists, whereas liberals feel like just something else entirely.

bizarre post

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity" :o:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
stalin didnt have a soul

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
what no grain does to a mf

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

what all the grain does to a mf

fixed since stalin ate it

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Invade Ukraine, sell grain, get brain :whatup:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Ukrainians were offered to pick which door had the grain behind it, but they kept loving up and picking the goat

Monty Hall-odomor

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
He kept trying to explain that they should always change their choice if the first door is the goat, but they were absolutely convinced he was trying to trick them for some reason.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

holodomor for Americans

hamburgerodor

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

holodomor for Americans

hamburgerodor

gently caress I wish, we deserve it

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

redneck nazgul posted:

fixed since stalin ate it

You can't have your grain and eat it too.

Grimnarsson posted:

It is confusing sometimes in that is the Holodomor the specifically Ukrainian portion of the Soviet Union wide famine in 1931-33 or does it refer to the whole famine? Often it seems that the way the term is used it refers to the famine in Ukraine in such a way that there wasn't a famine elsewhere in the USSR while also counting the deaths from all across the USSR as having been Ukrainians in Ukraine. I have no problem with Ukrainians commemorating the famine as it affected them but an international recognition should include all the victims.

The answer is that the holodomor was a man made famine specifically targeted at the Ukrainian ethnicity. Not only did it not affect other regions of the USSR but other ethnic groups within Ukraine were largely unaffected, especially the Jews, who were a bunch of money grubbing bolsheviks who probably stole all the grain to sell it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

pre:
https://twitter.com/communistsusa/status/1610008685031428097
EDIT: the post they're replying to is a little NWS/NMS, so I'm removing the direct embed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

PiratePrentice posted:

A lot of people genuinely buy into the mainstream American imperialism that the ideological state apparatuses shove in their faces for their entire lives. It's why leftists who don't read theory and practice historical materialism end up as useless anarchists who are fully happy to support the American imperial project in all the ways that matter.

to be unreasonably fair I don't think an anarchist who posts "slaba ukrain" to their 800 mastodon followers is having any more (or less) impact than the ML who posts "stinky zelensky" to their 1200 twitter followers

except for guys who put boots on the ground like rich evans or identify boots on the ground like brown moses none of these idiots are having an impact on the world

the anarchists are definitely stupider and more annoying though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dixon Chisholm posted:

putting millions of ukrainians in school buses and crushing them with gravedigger and bigfoot

lmao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nice dude

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

speaking off I found out that 10 years ago d&d actually had a thread where they talked about if the Obama administration should “accept” the Armenian genocide

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3275915&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I like this post in particular

Lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
bump reminder for greys that it is the official cspam position that the holodomor DEFINITELY happened.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Russian famine
Go feed yourself

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Russian famine
Go feed yourself

Brought to you by the Ghost of Kulak.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

gradenko_2000 posted:

pre:
https://twitter.com/communistsusa/status/1610008685031428097
EDIT: the post they're replying to is a little NWS/NMS, so I'm removing the direct embed

Wrong thread, take this evidence based bullshit to one of the tankie threads, this thread is a vibes only zone.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

*riffling through index cards* how do we feel about about "holopeņo"

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Gravid Topiary posted:

*riffling through index cards* how do we feel about about "holopeņo"

It's making me hungry!

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

whoa whoa whoa

how did the holodomor fool people when it definitely happened

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
People today have been tricked into thinking other famines/food shortages were occurring simultaneously and that said famines were not an intentional campaign of genocide by the Soviet bureaucracy. It's absolutely dastardly

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The modern nation of Russia needs to be held accountable for the crimes of the Soviet Union, because their history is contiguous while ours is a series of discrete unconnected events that cannot be weighed morally against the conduct of any other nation because we change administrations every four years. Also despite voting for our leaders, our public is wholly unaccountable for any war, death, or suffering done by said leaders in our names (unlike the perfidious Russians who are expected to personally rise up and kill Putin or else face direct culpability for things happening in a neighboring country)

Weka
May 5, 2019

Putin is a Georgian, just like Stalin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vera_Putina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
As brown as the Georgian earth