Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
All your PS5s will eventually break and theres nothing you can do about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Next can we redo the panic about how you can’t set the system clock without a PSN connection so in the hypothetical future where PSN being gone is your biggest problem and not whatever apocalypse hellscape we’re living in by then you won’t be able to play your PS5 anymore, that was a good one.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I went home for lunch today and played a little bit of spider man on my sony ps5 hehehe

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

fridge corn posted:

I went home for lunch today and played a little bit of spider man on my sony ps5 hehehe

:wtc:

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Man, altus plateau is hard. I love the music though.

Tbh I think I might be reaching the limits of my elden ring stamina. I'm near the capital, lvl56, and there's a stressful mini boss round every corner and I just don't think I can be arsed to deal with it anymore. I have no idea if I'm close to the end or not (have barely scratched the surface of Caelid), but the other regions I'm aware of are largely explored, and it feels like I might need to do a lot of grinding before I can get anywhere near the centre of the capital.

I don't usually play two games at the same time (other than sports sims), so I'm loathe to drop it, but I find myself forcing myself to play these days rather than looking forward to it. I've been meaning to play Death Stranding for ages, and feel like maybe I'll just pick that up and call it a day with ER for now.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Caelid is basically made for easy grinding. Check it out and you'll get showered by souls and also get some cool gear.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Perfect Element posted:

Tbh I think I might be reaching the limits of my elden ring stamina. I'm near the capital, lvl56, and there's a stressful mini boss round every corner and I just don't think I can be arsed to deal with it anymore. I have no idea if I'm close to the end or not (have barely scratched the surface of Caelid), but the other regions I'm aware of are largely explored, and it feels like I might need to do a lot of grinding before I can get anywhere near the centre of the capital.

I don't usually play two games at the same time (other than sports sims), so I'm loathe to drop it, but I find myself forcing myself to play these days rather than looking forward to it. I've been meaning to play Death Stranding for ages, and feel like maybe I'll just pick that up and call it a day with ER for now.

If you're reaching the end of your stamina before you're even at the capital, I have bad news for when you're done with the capital :v:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

tuo posted:

Caelid is basically made for easy grinding. Check it out and you'll get showered by souls and also get some cool gear.

its made for making GBS threads your pants, actually. and saying out loud "what in the gently caress" :colbert:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Caelid has a lot of those extremely gross silverfish men and I hate them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's made for getting accidentally teleported into and then walking back to limgrave and returning there 20-30 levels higher and clowning margit on the second try

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Next can we redo the panic about how you can’t set the system clock without a PSN connection so in the hypothetical future where PSN being gone is your biggest problem and not whatever apocalypse hellscape we’re living in by then you won’t be able to play your PS5 anymore, that was a good one.
there's a front pageclock?

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I preordered the PSVR2 headset today in a moment of wavering sanity. Haven't used the PSVR1 in a year or so, but used it a ton for years before that - the launch lineup didn't do much for me, but now that GT7 and RE8 are getting free upgrades, I decided gently caress it. Here's hoping it doesn't die on the vine.

The games for PSVR1 that got the most time from me:
- SuperHot
- Beat Saber
- RE7
- The full London Heist game I can't remember the name of
- I Expect You to Die escape rooms
- Ultrawings flight sim
- the Walking Dead games for crunchy combat
- Arizona Sunshine and Farpoint (I have the Aim gun also)
- VR Football (draw your own plays and play the QB, actually loved it)
- Skyrim VR (never played it otherwise, but swinging a sword while shooting fireballs from left hand felt amazing)
- Obduction, basically Myst successor with a cool world to walk

...and a bit of GT Sport, Ace Combat, Squadrons, Wipeout HD for vehicle stuff although GT was pretty limited. Wipeout HD is highly underrated if you have the stomach for it.

Overall I have a weakness for gizmos, but after 6.5 years since v1 I've had enough fun to give upgrading a try. Not as interested in the Rush of Blood 2 or Horizon VR "experience" type games, but very interested in some better controls owing to the nice controllers instead of the limited Moves.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 5, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

History Comes Inside! posted:

that was true tho but then they fixed it with firmware on ps3 4 and 5, so ...yeah the panic worked.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Macaluso posted:

If you're reaching the end of your stamina before you're even at the capital, I have bad news for when you're done with the capital :v:

That's the thing, it's more or less impossible to tell how much game is left, and what proportion of the map I've uncovered!

Actually one of the things that's draining me is now I have uncovered so much of the map, and it's so drenched in icons, I look at it to see where I could go next and I get a little choice paralysis.

I have elected to go back to the Manor, where I can now clown on those giant hands. I was so scared of them before that I definitely haven't explored that area fully.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Caelid is easier than Leyndell

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Electromax posted:

Not as interested in the Rush of Blood 2 or Horizon VR "experience" type games

Did you try Rush of Blood on PSVR1? It's really good, very much a game instead of an immersive experience or whatever

Electromax
May 6, 2007

acksplode posted:

Did you try Rush of Blood on PSVR1? It's really good, very much a game instead of an immersive experience or whatever

Yeah, it was pretty fun! The trailer for the successor just didn't look much different, probably something I'll pick up on sale later.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah it looks very similar, if you were lukewarm on the first then it makes sense to wait. Just wanted to make sure you didn't overlook it, it's an easy game to dismiss from watching trailers.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have $3.43 in my my PlayStation wallet, what garbage should I buy?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

RandolphCarter posted:

This just reminds me still that themes are gone and that's stupid.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RandolphCarter posted:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP7605-CUSA34623_00-1140204981803871

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

That's the thing, it's more or less impossible to tell how much game is left, and what proportion of the map I've uncovered!

Actually one of the things that's draining me is now I have uncovered so much of the map, and it's so drenched in icons, I look at it to see where I could go next and I get a little choice paralysis.

I have elected to go back to the Manor, where I can now clown on those giant hands. I was so scared of them before that I definitely haven't explored that area fully.

I am right around the same level/area you are, and I just ran straight through the manner without fighting those things. I share you sentiment though, I’m 40 hours into the game and I’m not sure if I care enough to finish it. The game is terrific but it’s also exhausting at points.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

RandolphCarter posted:

Vampire Survivors whenever they port that to PS5.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I liked what I played of VS but I'm fighting the urge to keep going so I can get some other games in first.

I think it was someone in here who mentioned Monster Sanctuary, appreciated the recommendation.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Can you guys confirm for me what I already know, which is that I can't just give Sony $20-$30 to buy Ridge Racer 2 unless it's in the form of an upgrade to Plus Premium?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

FWIW level 56 sounds pretty low for being close to Leyndell and not having done much of Caelid. Have you gone to any of the big underground areas at all? Not talking about catacombs or mines…

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Boy of Joy posted:

FWIW level 56 sounds pretty low for being close to Leyndell and not having done much of Caelid. Have you gone to any of the big underground areas at all? Not talking about catacombs or mines…

Yeah, I've done bits and bobs. Including beating an awesome boss, with no reward, cos apparently its part of some side quest I haven't initiated. Same thing happened nearby with beating a mage in a tower, which I believe might be part of the same quest.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Die, beast!! Abomination! You are an insult to all natural birds!!

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I got one of those $25 PSN cards for Christmas so I think I'm gonna buy Norco while it's on sale then not play it for three months :patriot:

I also literally have Elden Ring installed and the disc in my PS5 but I'm too engrossed by the Witcher 3 and Yakuza 5 which are weirdly complimentary games (maybe it's the mediocre combat/compelling plot and addictive minigames that make them comparable) to try it yet

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Wolfsheim posted:

I got one of those $25 PSN cards for Christmas so I think I'm gonna buy Norco while it's on sale then not play it for three months :patriot:

I also literally have Elden Ring installed and the disc in my PS5 but I'm too engrossed by the Witcher 3 and Yakuza 5 which are weirdly complimentary games (maybe it's the mediocre combat/compelling plot and addictive minigames that make them comparable) to try it yet

I’ve played nearly all of the Yakuza games while playing through dark souls 1-3/Bloodborne/Sekiro and it’s always a nice, chill contrast to more difficult games. Tim Rogers compared Judgment and Yakuza in general to a tv show, or more specifically he said that it felt like it wasn’t trying to aim for Hollywood movie quality and failing to get there like a lot of games do, and I’ve always thought of them in a similar way.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wolfsheim posted:

Witcher 3 and Yakuza 5 which are weirdly complimentary games (maybe it's the mediocre combat/compelling plot and addictive minigames that make them comparable)

lmao, yeah that tracks.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

imhotep posted:

I’ve played nearly all of the Yakuza games while playing through dark souls 1-3/Bloodborne/Sekiro and it’s always a nice, chill contrast to more difficult games. Tim Rogers compared Judgment and Yakuza in general to a tv show, or more specifically he said that it felt like it wasn’t trying to aim for Hollywood movie quality and failing to get there like a lot of games do, and I’ve always thought of them in a similar way.

This makes perfect sense, though I'd say it's more comparable to the '22 episodes a season with a lot of filler and one-offs' TV of yesteryear, since much like modern games most modern TV shows are also trying to just be 8-hour movies

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

yakuza 5 is drat good.

the combat isnt mediocre unless youre after hardcore poo poo like bloodborne, its designed so you feel awesome watching these characters do awesome poo poo, like heat moves, or slicing up drunks after they call you a goat fucker and having a slow mo finisher popping off ughgngg yess

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Oh yeah I definitely enjoy the combat in Yakuza, but its not exactly mechanically challenging* so much as satisfying to see Kiryu use a man's neck and face as a shovel. There are way too many unavoidable random encounters in Y5 though, all the new maps have super narrow streets so you end up fighting a dozen hosts, five street thugs and three yakuza every time you want to go to the ramen stand.

*I have never played on legendary

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Coming up the elevator and seeing the capital in the distance with the weird ghost flags all over the place was extremely cool. I have some issues with Elden Ring but I don't think I've ever played a game that nailed so hard the "coming over a cliff and seeing a beautiful vista" thing. They do that a bunch of times. In the capital where you see the overview of the city through the crack in the wall, when you see the lakes when you come out of the back of Stormveil Castle, the horrors and the giant crows of Caelid when you come up on the little balcony in the abandoned town, the shot of the Captial as I said. I mean the start of the game one of the first things that happens is you come out of the tutorial cave and get a big wide shot of the world ahead of you with the massive gold tree in the distance. They were absolutely masterful at that kind of thing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

fridge corn posted:

Die, beast!! Abomination! You are an insult to all natural birds!!

https://twitter.com/Acheroraptor/status/1609904385328381952

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

WaltherFeng posted:

All your PS5s will eventually break and theres nothing you can do about it.

noooooooo

:negative:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel like most people's first view of Caelid is coming out of the mine the trap chest sends you to and arriving in a poison swamp, and then making your way out of the swamp and seeing the crows and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

haveblue posted:

I feel like most people's first view of Caelid is coming out of the mine the trap chest sends you to and arriving in a poison swamp, and then making your way out of the swamp and seeing the crows and stuff

Yeah I (sadly?) missed out on finding that chest so I never experienced that, so my first time seeing Caelid was in the actual entrance, after you fight the person at the church.

I did find the chest that teleports you to the middle of the Capital though, and man is that a wild thing to experience that early in the game. It opens up a part of the map that's REALLY far north, and it's like holy poo poo this map is actually so huge (and of course that's not even the most north it goes), and you can't go anywhere besides this area with a giant that's way higher level than you, since the elevator is down at the bottom. So you can look around and see like, the tree you've seen in the distance reasonably close, with some kind of giant door on it?? And there's what looks to be some kind of stone dragon?? Where is this place?!