Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farecoal

There he go
Have you considered making a weirdly pork-flavored beer, coincidentally at the same as the restaurant manager disappears

Wow awful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal

There he go
Heading into the new year still unemployed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, either in applying or in the interviews I get. It's depressing and kind of ruining my self esteem to say the least

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Heading into the new year still unemployed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, either in applying or in the interviews I get. It's depressing and kind of ruining my self esteem to say the least

Applying for jobs sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I want to say more but I'm too hungover to be eloquent. Hopefully I can be in the near future.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

the lady i don't like at work broke her wrist and i have been pouring more energy than normal into her thinking i'm fond of her

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ass-penny

hahaha, what if poison found it's way into his food? hahaha

for legal reasons of course, that is a joke, and not a suggestion, not legal advice.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Farecoal posted:

actually with the exception of being terminally broke being unemployed is awesome. bosses are awful and bosses get the wall fashow.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Farecoal

There he go
i get the sentiment and I hate a job, but I would rather not get evicted

Escape From Noise

Honestly, I'm not that upset by it. I just find it incredibly bizarre that he expects me to know exact pricing offhand. I just said something about it in GBS and a few people in that thread started jumping down my throat for "refusing to give him the information he'd requested" (???) and that I should make a spreadsheet (there already is one). So a few weirdos blew up my dumb little rambling about some goofy thing the restaurant manager does into why I am actually a hellishly awful person to work with.

Sorry, I wanted to clarify this earlier but I was still nursing a hangover.

TLDR: The forums are a land of contrasts.

Escape From Noise

I rolled into work today because I forgot to take inventory before the New Year and I needed to get some measurements for a beer. The restaurant manager "jokes" about me taking so much time off since I don't have anything to do in the brewery until next week, then asks if I'll clean all of the beer lines, including the guest taps since I'm not doing anything. I don't mind helping and I know his plate is full, but he just never stops trying to get me to cover his responsibilities. The thing that gets to me is cleaning the taps is a lot of just letting the caustic set. You could literally do something else while you wait. Schedule it out! It's something that needs to be done once every two weeks or so FFS! Goddamn.

Escape From Noise

I told him I'd do inventory today on the 30th and apologized for not taking care of it before New Year. I show up today at around 1 and ask about getting a printout of the inventory sheet. They're short staffed today and he's slower than poo poo so I keep hearing "Wait a sec" from him for over an hour. I try to find and print out the document myself but he stops me. I have literally nothing to do so I take a lunch break and tell him. He says he'll print it out by the time I get back. I come back an hour later. It's like 4 at this point. Document still hasn't been printed. I ask him when it caj get done because I have plans. "I don't know. 5:30?". Dude. I get you're low on staff because one of the part timers got COVID but... how hard is it to print out the goddamn thing? Especially with at least three days notice.

I should have gotten it done before New Year, but I think I'd have gotten the same runaround. I was dog poo poo as a bartender, but having him help tend bar was usually more of a hindrance.

Sorry. I'm rambling but...gently caress! Just do a little prep!

Escape From Noise

Also I guess they dropped a tray of salted meat on the cold room floor and "it's too hard to clean up" so they're just letting rock salt (and probably meat juice) just sit there. I don't know what the gently caress. Like...I finally cleaned up most of the mold. But sure. It's not like concentrated salt is corrosive or anything.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 2, 2023

Escape From Noise

There are a lot of things about this job I do like. I work a normal Monday through Friday schedule, I can basically show up and leave whenever I want as long as I deliver on product, I have complete control over processes in the brewery, I have a lot of control over the production schedule, I get to brew a lot of things I want to make, and I do feel like for the most part my boss respects me and listens to what I have to say.

There are annoyances I have with the company like their refusal to work with the craft beer community, which isolates us from a lot of the benefits of being part of said community, not having a salesperson, not really doing anything with our social media to promote the beer, not promoting the beer in our own restaurant, and expecting to get outside sales. Sometimes ordering things is a massive pain in the rear end as we have to go through multiple layers of management for approval for some $20 item, etc. But I could deal with that.

This restaurant manager though... He's trying to get me to do his work for him while the cold room is a biohazard and then trying to tell me what I need to make to sell. Just everything about it is driving me up a wall. I'm definitely hanging on until I get my visa renewal in a few months, but I don't see moving on to something else for a long time. I don't really want to move again and I am thinking that the next move may be towards opening my own place but that's a ways away. I almost want to call the health department on this chucklefuck, but I doubt that'd really do anything other than put my job in jeopardy. I'm not at the end of my rope but goddamn this guy is driving me nuts. Also the head chef got mad at me for wishing him a happy New Year. I guess now greetings are bad?

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jan 3, 2023

Ass-penny

please please please poison your restaurant manager. of course for legal reasons this post is a joke and it is "haha funny,"

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
2023 work commence!!! this morning is mainly going to be about drinking coffee and pondering. luckily, the previous me from 2022 left me some notes about wtf i'm supposed to be doing

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
got to lunchtime and didn't die. things are looking good

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Yeah my first day back starts in 2 hours and I am feeling very :stonk: about it tbh

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

Yeah my first day back starts in 2 hours and I am feeling very :stonk: about it tbh

goondolences. hopefully it'll be smooth sailing

Escape From Noise

I'm still not going in for a few more days.

Chewbecca

First morning back at work, its 8.18am currently. I tried to work out where the screaming noise was coming from before I realised it was coming from inside me

xcheopis

My computer has gone into hibernation for the foreseeable future... I think. No clue what happened but it suddenly froze, stayed frozen for an hour, and then turned on and off a few times. Now it is informing me "your port does not accept power" and won't budge from that position, even when I show it pictures of the cables all still plugged in.
I have work to do, you infernal device!

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

My computer has gone into hibernation for the foreseeable future... I think. No clue what happened but it suddenly froze, stayed frozen for an hour, and then turned on and off a few times. Now it is informing me "your port does not accept power" and won't budge from that position, even when I show it pictures of the cables all still plugged in.
I have work to do, you infernal device!

Hmm perhaps give it the year off and try again in 2024 :hmmyes:

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

Hmm perhaps give it the year off and try again in 2024 :hmmyes:

I really have a lot that needs to get done.

Chewbecca

xcheopis posted:

I really have a lot that needs to get done.

Make a thread and we can do it for you

xcheopis

Chewbecca posted:

Make a thread and we can do it for you

I'd be slapped unconscious by the HIPAA police

:smithcloud:

xcheopis

And it's back. Acting as if nothing happened.

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

First morning back at work, its 8.18am currently. I tried to work out where the screaming noise was coming from before I realised it was coming from inside me

:same:

Ass-penny

glad your computer sorted itself out xcheopis.

Chewbecca

I have to go into the office tomorrow lmao :rip:

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

I have to go into the office tomorrow lmao :rip:

at least there isn't snow and freezing rain? that's what I was driving in tonight. glad to have the next 48 to myself. I think I can even manage to get by on supplies I already have and not need to hassle a delivery guy or go to the grocery.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm just waiting to get the green light so I can give notice. I am absolutely phoning this poo poo in.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in the office today, nobody else is here, and i'm hoping that today will be Not Very Busy

however there is a bit of a crisis involving the snacks. there's just a few bags of crumbs. in the fridge there is a small amount of precooked bacon, some cheese slices, and some frozen buns. i think i can work with that. there is also a large amount of beer, but i don't drink.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Bacon+cheese sammich sounds p decent in a bind

I called out yesterday and today cause my tooth is killin me, it's too infected to pull so im on a round of antibiotics

lol

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
oh yuck. 1 post = 1 pray 2 the tooth fairy

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
hmm, the cheese is havarti but it's super stale. putting it in a bun with hot bacon does the trick though

xcheopis

Working alone in the office again, as an emergency has been declared over this storm and a lot of people live in outlying areas.
I was late coming in but only because I overslept! If the buses had shown numerous cancellations because of the weather, then that would be a sign to stay put, although I can't do my job from home.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
current state of the corporate fruit bowl

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Dr. Honked posted:

current state of the corporate fruit bowl

no soy sauce packets 3/10

Emo Szyslak

its flooding here so i better not wash away because i drove to work :mad:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm in the office again for no discernible reason, i just ate the last of the granola bars but there's plenty of coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm in the office again for no discernible reason, i just ate the last of the granola bars but there's plenty of coffee

Finish the coffee and annihilate the toilet.