Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Dispensary rolled pre-rolls, at least in Colorado, are often weed that didn't sell on the shelf and are a week or so out from testing expiry. If they're free or a penny or whatever, okay, that's fine, but don't go wasting $5-10 on one.

Frankly, I don't like cones. They burn fast because of the surface area of the cherry, and are often poorly packed anyhow. I just use a 110mm roller and raw crutches, so it's the same diameter for the whole length. Even with dry weed, they burn slower and more consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I still smoke joints occasionally (I like them when just hanging on the porch with my dog, if I'm not doing bong rips) but largely replaced "mobile combustion" with my daypipe. It's huge and heavy, but it holds a bunch of weed, is very clean to use, and no canoeing / bullshit. Would be much much easier to share among people too, without the risk of one of them fuckin' it up

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Inspector Hound posted:

They still boat half the time

Wait lol is this really the american 'canoe'?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:orb:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Costco Meatballs posted:

I say 'run'

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I say canoe and I'm in the US. Never heard it any other way

Also, i make my own cones by hand and i just roll them tighter. Ive found that getting a bit of weed between the papers, thus creating a small air pocket, causes the canoe. If you're packing one up, make sure the excess paper is flush or bent inward so it doesn't create the pocket.

I also think lovely glue is too blame, most of the time. My canoes always run on the seam

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I use Elements papers, they don't run nearly as bad as other brands (raw). Also buying them by the box (50 packs of papers) is way more cost effective. Like $40 a box vs $4/pack at, well, anywhere selling papers.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Been enjoying the Dynabrick the last few days. Makes it easy to set down.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Costco Meatballs posted:

I use both, I don't know which one is right lol

e weird I'm eating meatballs right now, but they're from Safeway. Our Safeway is right next to a Costco though

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jan 5, 2023

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Inspector Hound posted:

I use both, I don't know which one is right lol

e weird I'm eating meatballs right now

Why do they call them meatball subs instead of meatball canoes?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Trip report from the orb.

The orb is good
The orb is great
I surrender my will, as of this date.

:350:

FR tho I can have a really hot bowl and it really takes the roughness out and improves/preserves the flavour. Also I think because of the glass connection point the metal bowl stays hotter for longer cuz the heat doesnt' dissapate into the metal stem of the vap so I can just pull for days. Definitely a fan for home use.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Carth Dookie posted:

Trip report from the orb.

The orb is good
The orb is great
I surrender my will, as of this date.

:350:

:orb: :orb: :orb:

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
weed cant get me high anymore

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just gave a neighbor about a quarter of older flower and a gram of shatter. She hasn't been able to renew her med card and her husband is sick with something, probably covid. Wanted to pay but I refused, I'd feel like a bad neighbor if I charged them, regardless of their situation.

Says she's bringing a casserole over after her hubby is out of his funk. I feel better about that trade.

E:

Sunk Dunk posted:

weed cant get me high anymore

Time for a t-break. If you've been loving with concentrates, lay off them entirely for a bit.

I was hitting dabs hard for years. It took a significant amount of time to get back to where flower did anything. I didn't quit smoking flower when I cut concentrates, eventually it began to fill the gap, but I roll 1g+ joints. Buy the cheap poo poo for a while, roll fat joints, expensive weed isn't going to do much so you might as well not waste the money on top shelf.

I still hit dabs occasionally, have an ounce of wax laying around, but it's mostly for onsey-twosy hits to keep myself in the sweet spot for a little longer. Nowhere near my 1g/day habit a few years ago.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 5, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sedgr posted:

Been enjoying the Dynabrick the last few days. Makes it easy to set down.

A) wtf is a DynaBrick, it looks cool
B) is that a record ABV dish???

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

bagmonkey posted:

A) wtf is a DynaBrick, it looks cool
B) is that a record ABV dish???

It's not anything official. Dynavap goes through the center of a master adapter which fits really well in my fractal Stickybrick. Keeps it snug, less chance of me setting it on something while it's hot etc. Just using the brick as a stem essentially.

Yes it is a record that someone made into an ABV dish for me. I think that one is speeches from the queen. I've got a couple.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RIP to the McRib, Choco Taco, and all the other great munchies we lost last year :negative:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bring back the double down, kfc.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waffle! posted:

RIP to the McRib, Choco Taco, and all the other great munchies we lost last year :negative:

Lmao that coke is getting rid of Honest Tea, which actually tastes like tea, and focusing on Peace Tea and Gold Peak, which are disgusting

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I like a few flavors of Peace Tea, but yeah Honest Tea was actually good. Guess I'll just have to stick to the ol' kettle at home if I want good tea.

Also I tried a McRib for the first time in 2022, it was good but I'm not lamenting its loss

Choco tacos though? gently caress

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
STOP BEING FOOLED BY BRAND!

IT'S ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY TO DRIVE CONSUMPTION

MCRIB WILL RETURN LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES AND IDIOTS WILL KEEP BUYING IT CAUSE THEY'RE WORRIED IT WILL BE GONE AGAIN (IT WILL JUST LIKE EVERY YEAR)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The McRib comes back whenever the price of pork dips.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Waffle! posted:

pouring one out for Fuddruckers, killed by covid

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

STOP BEING FOOLED BY BRAND!

IT'S ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY TO DRIVE CONSUMPTION

MCRIB WILL RETURN LIKE IT ALWAYS DOES AND IDIOTS WILL KEEP BUYING IT CAUSE THEY'RE WORRIED IT WILL BE GONE AGAIN (IT WILL JUST LIKE EVERY YEAR)

What about the Chaco Taco sir? I had a whole system of value set up around Chaco Tacos: Would this money be better spent on Chaco Tacos? Turns out you don't need to do most purchases under $20 if you're thinking about how many Chaco Tacos you can buy

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i bought a mcrib and i couldnt even finish it

so nasty

and i eat dogshit

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my dad worked at mcdonalds when he was a teenager and has ever since had a lifelong affinity for the "brand" in spite of being otherwise a fairly smart guy, so he would give me the fries as a special treat when i was a kid and always stopped at one on road trips.

and thus as an adult even though i know in my brain that its all extremely disgusting food sculpted out of garbage, my body is cursed with "mcdonalds receptors" that send waves of craving into my nervous system, demanding a cheeseburger and medium fries whenever im on the road.

i do suspect there is some addictive chemical secreted within those fries that no other fry will satisfy once its in your system. its nothing to do with the taste or texture, plenty of places make objectively better french fries, but they don't contain that missing puzzle piece

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 5, 2023

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
It's one of the more consistent fast food options in my experience.

It may not be consistently good but there's still a consistency to it

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

WampaLord posted:

pouring one out for Fuddruckers, killed by covid

drat, and I was going to freeze myself so I could go to ButtFuckers in 2505.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
McRib and Choco Tacos weren't even good.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Waffle! posted:

drat, and I was going to freeze myself so I could go to ButtFuckers in 2505.

and now future generations won't truly understand that joke!!!

all gone, like tears in the rain

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Earwicker posted:

my dad worked at mcdonalds when he was a teenager and has ever since had a lifelong affinity for the "brand" in spite of being otherwise a fairly smart guy, so he would give me the fries as a special treat when i was a kid and always stopped at one on road trips.

and thus as an adult even though i know in my brain that its all extremely disgusting food sculpted out of garbage, my body is cursed with "mcdonalds receptors" that send waves of craving into my nervous system, demanding a cheeseburger and medium fries whenever im on the road.

i do suspect there is some addictive chemical secreted within those fries that no other fry will satisfy once its in your system. its nothing to do with the taste or texture, plenty of places make objectively better french fries, but they don't contain that missing puzzle piece

yes to all of this i too carry the mcdonalds receptors

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Macichne Leainig posted:

It's one of the more consistent fast food options in my experience.

It may not be consistently good but there's still a consistency to it

poo poo, wendy's in Japan was exactly like wendy's here, it's not just mcdonalds that can do that. mcdonalds sucks, people know it but refuse to act on it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

mcdonalds does vary a bit in other countries. like in many asian and some european countries there is a burger called the "mcspicy" that is not available in the us (except for occasional very brief marketing gimmicks in one or two cities)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
lmao mcrib chat, I love you thread

there's a stickybrick at the cool new glass shop I found, should I? I have a lot of gizmos, but I also love new gizmos, and if this does something special...

(honestly the dynabrick thing is enough, that's cool)

speaking of that shop, I got a great new piece which works lovely with my dynavap on the titanium stem:

not a *lot* of turbulence, it's real simple inside, but it works great.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Choco Tacos are already back in stores. They just faked you out to clear the freezer-burned old stock out at the gas station. No one actually cared about them.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I'd love a water piece that is effectively the globe with the long mouthpiece, but with a carb on the side where your thumb would sit so you can puff on it like a giant Sherlock

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Do you own a drill

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Wachter posted:

I'd love a water piece that is effectively the globe with the long mouthpiece, but with a carb on the side where your thumb would sit so you can puff on it like a giant Sherlock

:hmmyes: Reminded me to clean my orb so I could use this contraption.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sunk Dunk posted:

been getting high and lsitening to buck bumble on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q_dScgX6bk

lmao, Buck Bumble has no right going as hard as it does but this menu theme actually got me to play through the whole game. I'm pretty sure I'm one of a dozen that have.

Anyone have any recommendations on a nice stash chest for all my weedies? I have a Dynvap and Arizer Air Max now and they don't fit together in my stash container I got so I think I want a nice looking chest that can sit on the desk but small enough to port around when smoking with buds. I found this one and thought it was dope, but maybe someone knows something better: https://smile.amazon.com/GREEN-CROSS-Decorative-Compartments-Organization/dp/B09XGY1T26/ref=psdc_1063278_t1_B09XHHT1QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wachter posted:

Carth Dookie posted:

Do you own a drill

Or you could just buy a globe with 3 holes in it.

https://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/mega-globe-mk2?variant=40266908237905