Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Game of Life - the Damar Hamlin story.

Starring Michael B Jordan.

Stream this fall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Hell yeah Damar
https://twitter.com/Matt_Bove/status/1611099170361806849?t=4o_xpWyB6nPoR1kMzYx7jA&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nurses are allowed to be schmaltzy, deal with it.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Yeah a doctor isn't going to spend that much time with a patient in their hospital room to do all that poo poo lol that's practically a conversation

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kalli posted:

Nurses are allowed to be schmaltzy, deal with it.

Also it probably wasn't said like an after-school special either with a slow zoom-in. I'm sure it was more off the cuff which would make it significantly less cheesy.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Well, that’s a hell of a link to find before a flight

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

davecrazy posted:

Game of Life - the Damar Hamlin story.

Starring Michael B Jordan.

Stream this fall.

You know production companies are already jockeying for position on the rights to the story

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

i want the nfl films documentary that cuts from him in a hospital bed to him hoisting the Lombardi trophy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

The doctors told him " You did, you won the game of life" if the internet is to be believed.

This is the lamest poo poo I've ever heard in my entire life, but at least being a good at being a badass doctor/nurse and saves lives overrides their knowing the right thing to say at a key moment lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

OneMoreTime posted:

Well, that’s a hell of a link to find before a flight

the reassuring part is they get less frequent over time, and the causes get more and more niche. in the older ones its poo poo like "no one maintained the wings for 3 years" and now its "3 pilots were all collectively idiots and all did all the wrong things and still they had a shot until they did another dumb thing"

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

:unsmith:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Apples McGrind posted:

the Bills bandwagon fanbase is going to be massive this post-season.

sup

(dad did always like the Bills a bit, for being a Cincinnati-adjacent team who also always felt like underdogs when I was a kid, so :unsmith:)

And also, just, this week, the Bills get to make Bill Belichick cry sad tears of sadness as they demonstrate his team is decidedly mid-tier at best. And I think that's just something beautiful we can all support.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I want so bad to see his reaction to finding out about his charity and the outpouring of support he's received. That's going to be so surreal for him.

Yeah this is what I want to see. Get told the news that you now have all the money to help kids that you could ever need, and then some. Still insanely curious to see what he does with an expanded scope.

Anyway, this is the best news to wake up to, that he's not just conscious but even has language faculties and enough motor control already to write short, legible messages. That's all incredibly positives signs to him being able to resume a normal life.

I'm glad things are turning out okay. :unsmith:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Massively happy news about Damar.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

This is remarkable.

In unrelated news, I should not have clicked the link to that airplane thing.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

guys i'll listen to the play by play of 250 people dying in a fiery explosion, but one guy in cardiac arrest is too much

The one I can compartmentalize into an cold, singular event and the other is a personal window into one man's tragedy. Plus I've long been fascinated by the engineering and problem solving of the whole thing.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1611117990027616256
terrellowens.gif

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

WoodrowSkillson posted:

the reassuring part is they get less frequent over time, and the causes get more and more niche. in the older ones its poo poo like "no one maintained the wings for 3 years" and now its "3 pilots were all collectively idiots and all did all the wrong things and still they had a shot until they did another dumb thing"

Yeah, we've pretty much reached a point where pilot error is largely the only cause. Barring freight operation and general aviation, which are very different.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

adaz posted:

some more details on what happened came out of that doctor's press conference -->

That’s good and it sounds like they got pulses back after one defib—so probably no sustained compressions. One “round” of CPR is typically 2min then you compress for another 2min after a shock is delivered before a pulse check. Then time to sit while BP and HR stabilize, secure airway, sedate, anti arrhythmics as necessary.

Timeline really makes sense with that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Hello Air France 447.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Hello Air France 447.

just gonna yank back on the stick for 3 minutes straight then be confused why the plane is stalling

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Sash! posted:

Yeah, we've pretty much reached a point where pilot error is largely the only cause. Barring freight operation and general aviation, which are very different.

It's a tangent but the recent 737 Max MCAS crashes were definitely not just pilot error. (This is where someone will chime in to say if the pilots had immediately known what was happening and reacted perfectly then they wouldn't have crashed.)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The pilots do share more blame on the second crash where they left the throttles at take off thrust but that doesn’t change too much about how unsafe the systems as designed were.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

nice I’m glad this was posted here

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Man, the trainers and medical crew don't get enough credit for what they do. Realizing what happened and starting CPR within a minute is incredible.

I'm so happy he seems he's gonna be okay.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Man the bills might have really hosed up.

https://youtu.be/YyU59PN3njc

The YouTube video is titled damar Hamlin has passed away but no one's acting like anything unusual is going on during the press conference.

I think they might have accidentally ran with an alternate headline and not realized.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Eifert Posting posted:

The YouTube video is titled damar Hamlin has passed away but no one's acting like anything unusual is going on during the press conference.

I think they might have accidentally ran with an alternate headline and not realized.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

I'd have pulled the plug on myself if I heard this cringe rear end response

christ almighty

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a second cryptoshill scamstream has hit the thread

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Weird for me comments are turned off.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

the shamelessness really is astounding

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

I beg youtube and really the whole world to just word filter anything with crypto or bitcoin or eth and immediately blackhole that poo poo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
84,000 subscribers too God drat

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

84,000 subscribers too God drat

I suspect some of that is peopel trying to subscribe so they can post in the chat thread that it's a scam but the shills have figured that out too

"Subscribers-only mode. Messages that appear are from people who’ve subscribed to this channel for 10 years or longer."

Youtube is a virus

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lol 10 years.

I would think being potentially told that a 24-year-old dude died wouldn't really prime people to spend a bunch of money on cryptocurrency but maybe I just don't understand the grift.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

adaz posted:

Youtube is a virus

Also please learn some basic internet literacy and verification

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The actual, real Cincinnati Bengals YouTube account only has 60,000 subscribers.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Eifert Posting posted:

lol

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

The actual, real Cincinnati Bengals YouTube account only has 60,000 subscribers.

You're just making me hate crypto more which, tbh, I didnt think was possible.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

adaz posted:

You're just making me hate crypto more which, tbh, I didnt think was possible.

I can't wait for the days when I can say things like "When I was your age, crypto was an Internet joke and BitCoin was $1.99 and the main way to follow it was a nightly YouTube show that looked it was made in a high school A/V room and possibly hosted by a pervert."

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 6, 2023