Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: Take-Over

Next time: new adventure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Vargo posted:

Curtis

Tooie didn't get poo poo backwards, Joe, this is exactly what you asked for.

even the nicest genie would have done this because this is exactly what he asked for

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

SuperKlaus posted:

the bus

I own the bus and the bus 2 and will, with time, post it all. It's been, uh, three years? Since it last graced the thread.

oh hell yes

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

SuperKlaus posted:

the bus

I own the bus and the bus 2 and will, with time, post it all. It's been, uh, three years? Since it last graced the thread.

I love The Bus, but could you please white-balance or use the automatic contrast leveling on your scans before posting? Here's a comparison image of how it looks with that step applied. It may not look like a big change, but for folks with bad eyes like me, it really makes a difference.

Docks

Retail

Popcom, starting issue #43

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Woo, The Bus!

Ah, that nice sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

So is Jerry going to snitch on Marla for being at that trade show or is this when Stuart gets promoted and Marla has to bury her risky dream to take the sure money? Of course since Retail is very accurate and well written about the horror of the retail worker experience I think that second option is most likely. :(

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Also I want to add my voice to the ‘yay, the bus!’ Chorus.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

I love The Bus, but could you please white-balance or use the automatic contrast leveling on your scans before posting? Here's a comparison image of how it looks with that step applied. It may not look like a big change, but for folks with bad eyes like me, it really makes a difference.

Sure thing, this will be a chance for me to learn something at all about image editing. When I reach the bus 2 I'll try and create new, better scans also to replace the phone-camera images I uploaded last go round.

Here's the first one. How's this look to you?

the bus

It's still not so sharp as it is in my book...I might need to learn how to scan.

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 5, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 10/17-19/49

"Real gone" was originally African-American slang for someone who was effortlessly cool.

Archie 2/20-23/46

Jughead suddenly getting all prissy about Betty's dress is a fun bit.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 5, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Shoulders were forbidden territory.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Selachian posted:

Jughead suddenly getting all prissy about Betty's dress is a fun bit. .

You know, come to think of it, I can't recall Jughead ever having the slightest interest in the opposite sex. (Or the same sex, for that matter.) He's mostly just an observer and commentator of Archie's antics, like a slightly snarky Greek chorus who's always ready for a meal.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

davidspackage posted:

Enjoy the show I guess, but wouldn't it reflect really badly on you if you hired a bunch of wildcard guys who fail spectacularly?

Maybe, but look at it another way - I got a bunch of mutant supermen to run around and play an amusing season of baseball, and they did it for free. Wasn't it neat how they almost won?

Vargo posted:

Curtis

Tooie didn't get poo poo backwards, Joe, this is exactly what you asked for.

Wait, those are supposed to be rabbit traits? I thought they were donkey ears/teeth!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Jughead just radiates avatar worthy art in this strip, this rules.

Powered Descent posted:

You know, come to think of it, I can't recall Jughead ever having the slightest interest in the opposite sex. (Or the same sex, for that matter.) He's mostly just an observer and commentator of Archie's antics, like a slightly snarky Greek chorus who's always ready for a meal.

There's A LOT of Archie so I'm sure there's a bunch of Jughead stories and inconsistencies and filler stories of Jughead having a girlfriend or trying to get a date but they tried to make him canon asexual recently, looking it up it didn't stick?? Maybe??? But honestly to me canon Jughead is this unflappable guy who doesn't give a drat about tail of any kind and isn't even proud of it, just a humble dude loving life and burgs.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Doomykins posted:

There's A LOT of Archie so I'm sure there's a bunch of Jughead stories and inconsistencies and filler stories of Jughead having a girlfriend or trying to get a date but they tried to make him canon asexual recently, looking it up it didn't stick?? Maybe??? But honestly to me canon Jughead is this unflappable guy who doesn't give a drat about tail of any kind and isn't even proud of it, just a humble dude loving life and burgs.

When Archie Comics launched the "New Riverdale" lineup of titles in 2015, Chip Zdarsky made him a declared asexual in that universe...but it launched around a year before Riverdale debuted, the show where everybody fucks. I believe his asexuality still holds true for that comic line, but the TV show's visibility and success kind of sidelined the idea of making that a broader canonical truth about the character.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the bus

Giant Ethicist posted:

The Antique Dealer’s Tale

the butt

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

:china:

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

How come Forest View gets to let their coach play on the team?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

As opposed to all the "hard work" Rusty did looking up concrete information about a fictional creature? :v: Also god drat the narration box butchery has been beaten into the ground this week!

JethroMcB posted:

When Archie Comics launched the "New Riverdale" lineup of titles in 2015, Chip Zdarsky made him a declared asexual in that universe...but it launched around a year before Riverdale debuted, the show where everybody fucks. I believe his asexuality still holds true for that comic line, but the TV show's visibility and success kind of sidelined the idea of making that a broader canonical truth about the character.

Ahh. Oh well, heavy is the crown of Jughead lore. Thanks for the explanation!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

SuperKlaus posted:

Sure thing, this will be a chance for me to learn something at all about image editing. When I reach the bus 2 I'll try and create new, better scans also to replace the phone-camera images I uploaded last go round.

Here's the first one. How's this look to you?

the bus

It's still not so sharp as it is in my book...I might need to learn how to scan.
Looks very nice, thank you!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Alhazred posted:

Noor
by Noor Hoelsbrekken Eckhoff

Literally all I know about this strip is that it's made by a female football soccer player, so expect a lot of jokes about that I guess.
Creepiest eyelids EVAR

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Absolutely losing my mind at Luann mocking someone's social life

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (April 26-28, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (July 1-3, 1920)

Dok's Dippy Fight Night (July 9, 1914)

Little Lefty (October 28-30, 1937)

If there was still any lingering doubt that "del" wasn't Louis Ferstadt, here's the man himself. Can't get more fingerprinty than that.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Triple Espresso Mochachino for Fumbly Manticore?

Michael Crichton's Kevin & Kell

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Green Intern posted:

This is the most I've laughed at a Heart of the City in a while.

See, they have an assistant with the t-shirt cannon, but it would be very much in character for Gritty to try to snipe a kid in the face like that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Did you know: "confirmed bachelor" was not, in fact, always 100% code for gay?

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Kennel posted:

Into Ilves

Comic Strips 2023: My birthday bagels!

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (February 02, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

I'll be damned... it's only a partially lazy clip-art comic and not a 100% entirely lazy clip-art comic.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

TegneHanne

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 20, 1955)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pechenegs

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/5/03

Brenda Starr 2/26/50

Smokey Stover 3/9/52

Everyday Movies 12/19/35

"Where's that present you promised me last year, Santa?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/20-22/40

Saved by the butt!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

riderchop posted:

Heathcliff

Av'd

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Cthulhu and Girl

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Giant Ethicist posted:

This is the Halo 5 of Uramachi Sakaba

Adbot