Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

can hackers tell me my twitter password?? i think if i try to reset everything would break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

So hang on, is the Cybertruck a boondoggle, or a furphy, or a mcguffin?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Chekhov's Cybertruck

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Chrpno posted:

So hang on, is the Cybertruck a boondoggle, or a furphy, or a mcguffin?

Porygon

spiny
May 20, 2004

round and round and round
Surprised not to have seen it in this thread, but as soon as pics of the cybertruck hit the internet, all us Atari ST nerds were 'hang on a minute...'

( apols for the grubbiness of the mice, they are in my 'to clean and sell one day' box of bits )

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Steadiman posted:

Add this to the Twitter blue income, not paying severance, and not paying any rent and I’m sure this will easily offset the billions of lost dollars and Twitter will be profitable by the end of the month! Elon did it again.

https://twitter.com/jason/status/1515097381884231683

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Remember hes selling all the coffee machines on ebay that they had.
There will be one singular coffee machine left for whole building.
And it will be just outside his door, so if he catches you at it, you are not working hardcore enough, therefore fired.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
given how musky drinks caffeine free diet coke, maybe he doesnt believe in caffeine and therefore thinks people that drink caffeine drinks arent hardcore enough.

(caffeine either doesnt work for him due to just natural reasons or because he's dependant on other drugs.)

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Comparing post-musk employee numbers with pre-musk revenue figures seems disingenuous

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Twitter at 1000 employees? 5mil/employee

Twitter at 10 employees? 500mil/employee

Twitter run solely by Musk? a cool loving 5 billion dollars in revenue per employee!

Just try and argue with my math libs, facts are facts

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sarcastx posted:

it's the custom kitchen deliveries

I am old enough to understand this delightful reference.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean, technically, but I think the bigger reach in there is that revenue and employee count are uncorrelated.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
https://twitter.com/jonastyle_/status/1611035867598004224

How hard to you think this guy has to struggle against the urge to capitalize every pronoun he uses to refer to Elon?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

spiny posted:

Surprised not to have seen it in this thread, but as soon as pics of the cybertruck hit the internet, all us Atari ST nerds were 'hang on a minute...'

( apols for the grubbiness of the mice, they are in my 'to clean and sell one day' box of bits )

Can you run Notator on it

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1611146457222086657

Concerning

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon Musk: Martyred saint of those that can't just log off

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hyperloop 2.0

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
The most divorced man to ever exist.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Oh god is he trying to be self deprecating? Did a bunch of PR people yell at him? Cause his last few tweets are giving me that feeling. This “aw shucks guys, it’s just your bud lil’ old Elon” act feels new

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
ok so how was twitter existing before elon if theyre losing a ton of money? is it because it was split amongst a group of people? or were the shareholders losing money? and now its just elon losing the money?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wow he's really starting to spiral huh? :yikes:

At this rate I'm half-expecting someone to have to talk him down off a roof. (Joke's on them; he'd jump if they tried just to prove he's not weak).

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

ok so how was twitter existing before elon if theyre losing a ton of money? is it because it was split amongst a group of people? or were the shareholders losing money? and now its just elon losing the money?

Well, for one thing, they had more advertisers. He chased a ton away before he even bought Twitter.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Steadiman posted:

Oh god is he trying to be self deprecating? Did a bunch of PR people yell at him? Cause his last few tweets are giving me that feeling. This “aw shucks guys, it’s just your bud lil’ old Elon” act feels new

Director of PR Catturd told him off about McCarthy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Elon's purchase also saddled Twitter with a lot of extra debt.

They weren't even profitable before that.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Elon's purchase also saddled Twitter with a lot of extra debt.

They weren't even profitable before that.

They did manage to break even sometimes thanks to ad revenue.

Guess what bridge Elon burned first?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
We have officially moved into the PITY PARTY stage of this whole affair

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Withnail posted:

We have officially moved into the PITY PARTY stage of this whole affair

Elon sitting alone in a conference room with two dozen uneaten Hawaiian pizzas, endlessly refreshing his feed to see if he got likes

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Me and my friends would’ve killed Elon Musk with hammers I can tell you that much

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Boring company just a front for a Russian supervillian escape hatch confirmed.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If Elon Musk was going to design a truck with its own custom tires I'm legit surprised he didn't do something really bonkers like use a completely different material for them.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Solus posted:

Me and my friends would’ve killed Elon Musk with hammers I can tell you that much

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Elon sitting alone in a conference room with two dozen uneaten Hawaiian pizzas, endlessly refreshing his feed to see if he got likes

He'll be eating those pizzas, mark my words

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Butterwagon posted:

He'll be eating those pizzas, mark my words

That picture reminds me of one of my favorite "CEO is a dumbfuck" things of recent history, and that was the revelation that Papa John had to literally undergo some kind of media training to teach him to stop using racial slurs.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wow he's really starting to spiral huh? :yikes:

At this rate I'm half-expecting someone to have to talk him down off a roof. (Joke's on them; he'd jump if they tried just to prove he's not weak).

he would jump because in the Anime Matrix, or Animatrix, The Kid freed himself by jumping iirc. or those kids that found a weak spot in the matrix physic's engine found an abandoned house and they would play gravity chicken.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Waiting for Elno to go full Ye and disappear

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Crazy Ted posted:

That picture reminds me of one of my favorite "CEO is a dumbfuck" things of recent history, and that was the revelation that Papa John had to literally undergo some kind of media training to teach him to stop using racial slurs.

And it didn't work

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Crazy Ted posted:

If Elon Musk was going to design a truck with its own custom tires I'm legit surprised he didn't do something really bonkers like use a completely different material for them.

Pretty sure if you tweeted “diamond is stronger than rubber, maybe better for even tougher wheels?”, or something, at him he’d absolutely say yes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Phuzun posted:

Waiting for Elno to go full Ye and disappear

West hasnt disappeared and just like Donnie has managed to post crazy poo poo when his handlers had an opening.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Crazy Ted posted:

"Without further ado, the all new cybertruck"

SQUEEK-HONK-SQUEEK-HONK-SQUEEK-HONK-SQUEEK-HONK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Since news is slow this blast from the past just showed up on Reddit