Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

i dont like the instrumentation (always thought the snes kinda sounded like rear end) but spark mandrill is one of the best songs in any game ever

agreed + storm eagle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fungah! posted:

agreed + storm eagle

Forgot how good flame mammoth and sting chameleon are too.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
it's honestly absurd how many good sounds were coaxed out of the snes on a regular basis. just stuffing entire orchestras into about the same amount of memory as arf's avatar like it was no big deal

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Forgot how good flame mammoth and sting chameleon are too.

opening stage too, its fuckin great

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sigma stages 1 and 2 own too. mmx1 has some of the best music in the entire mega man catalog imo.

mmx2 is also really good, they leaned more into synth sounds for that soundtrack so there aren't as many weird horn-sounding guitar leads everywhere

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Defeat Cerberus

Btw copy buttons don't seem to be working on the DDS page, but you can still copy directly from the text box

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

Btw copy buttons don't seem to be working on the DDS page, but you can still copy directly from the text box

oops thanks I'll fix that now

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

: Finish the game

: Find all the Armor Upgrades

: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks

: Hadouken!

Been awhile since I last played MMX but just like riding a bike I didn't forget a thing. Agreed that the Sigma stages are kinda boring compared to the other stages, but at least the boss fights in those levels are pretty fun. They manage to be gimmicky without being too annoying imo. Glad I had an excuse to replay it :cheerdoge:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sourdough posted:

Nice, about how many hours was that? Been like a decade since I played DDS so I wasn't fully sure on a good midpoint trophy

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

X1-3 have amazing OSTs and I will politely disagree with anyone who says otherwise :colbert:

the best overall track is X2 opening stage.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Nice, about how many hours was that? Been like a decade since I played DDS so I wasn't fully sure on a good midpoint trophy

Around 18, feel like it might take a little longer depending on build though. I went full magic for serph so even before getting mp regen skills I could use it pretty indiscriminately. Going physical feels like it'd be a decent bit harder, at least to this point.

Also the game rules, very glad to finally be prodded to play it :cheersdoge:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I'm a little past 18 hours and probably a couple hours from that fight. In between dungeons and guessing that's the boss of the next one. This is my first play and I'm maybe slower than others, who knows

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve been going physical for Serph but I’m only a few hours in so far.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Im putting all my points into stache.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Leadthumb posted:

Im putting all my points into stache.

Still in the opening cutscene but this.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

loving the dungeon designs so far. just finished up with asura/jinana and i'm looking forward to whatever else the game's throwing at me.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

welcome posted:

Still in the opening cutscene but this.

I'm partway through the second area. I went strength heavy but I think I would have been better off doing magic. Not starting over since new game plus apparently resets everything anyways.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rodbeard posted:

I'm partway through the second area. I went strength heavy but I think I would have been better off doing magic. Not starting over since new game plus apparently resets everything anyways.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

shoulda checkd beforeiplay.com i guess

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rodbeard posted:

lmao the av

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol thts what i was reacting to

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I've been doing str and magic for stats but mostly magic for mantras for serph. Heat's the only one I've been doing much physical with because the mantras are so expensive comparatively

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Had to go back and grind mantras a bit since I didn't have the necessary skills for the fight at the end of the citadel but otherwise pretty smooth sailing

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
Two tips:

Luck is really important and make sure you fully search areas twice before and after you beat them or you will miss out on a lot of key items

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

talked to a friend and realized I'd already hosed up a dialogue option

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My Serph is focused on eating and spreading AP to everyone else. I always like doing STR main character but I've dipped into every other stat except magic.

rodbeard posted:

As soon as you get your mantras back after the first dungeon of ng+, they should be exactly where you left them. Though you do lose all your macca, items and experience levels it should be very easy to blow through the game with all those skills

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Whoa game!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

: Finish the game

i never once was able to activate the Hadouken in a fight despite being able to do it while alone which is why i used all four full e-tanks in the final Sigma stage and still only escaped with like three bars of health. earlygame was somewhat frustrating since this was my first Megaman game ever but once i was able to get the mechanics and movement down it all ended up clicking and becoming a drat good thrill ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006