Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Crazy Ted posted:

That picture reminds me of one of my favorite "CEO is a dumbfuck" things of recent history, and that was the revelation that Papa John had to literally undergo some kind of media training to teach him to stop using racial slurs.

I worked at a papa John's and they had his story posted up on the wall multiple times. It was this sob sacrifice story that went he sold his camaro to start his pizza business IN HIS DADS loving BAR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Withnail posted:

We have officially moved into the PITY PARTY stage of this whole affair

My local college station has an emo hour called Pity Party and frankly I kind of love it.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Has he released the promised fauci files this week yet

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Preoptopus posted:

I worked at a papa John's and they had his story posted up on the wall multiple times. It was this sob sacrifice story that went he sold his camaro to start his pizza business IN HIS DADS loving BAR!

Selling pizza in a bar is like a step below setting up a Girl Scout cookie stand next to a dispensary. There’s no way it doesn’t work.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Nah. Something about belly buttons and the fbi. I, like most everyone else, stopped caring enough to actually look but I distinctly remember the belly button thing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

edit: i was wrong n/m wires got crossed

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Crazy Ted posted:

That picture reminds me of one of my favorite "CEO is a dumbfuck" things of recent history, and that was the revelation that Papa John had to literally undergo some kind of media training to teach him to stop using racial slurs.

Where he failed so badly at doing so that the board hijacked his company and fired his rear end from his own company, named after himself.

Also, colonel Sanders descendants came after the dumbass when he dragged their ancestor into it.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

oh you can get a round steering wheel now instead of that dumb loving F1 style. Ground breaking technology by Tesla.

For 700 more dollars, and still no real controls for the wipers or turn signals

https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/1611194269854834688

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
God that interior is so ugly and boring. All that technology and the sexiest thing they could come up with was to stick a lovely tablet on a cheap holder

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Steadiman posted:

God that interior is so ugly and boring. All that technology and the sexiest thing they could come up with was to stick a lovely tablet on a cheap holder

It’s called minimalism

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tiny Timbs posted:

It’s called minimalism, DAD

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The minimalism might work if it was all really high-quality and soft-touch materials. It's a creaky plastic shitbox though.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It is immediately obvious it’s just cheap and not minimalistic when you actually sit in one

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Ror posted:

The minimalism might work if it was all really high-quality and soft-touch materials. It's a creaky plastic shitbox though.

Is it actually? I’ve actually never been in a Tesla but I find it hard to believe the interior is superficially worse than my Mazda 3.

If it is, I guess Tesla as a company is not long for this world.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tiny Timbs posted:

It is immediately obvious it’s just cheap and not minimalistic when you actually poo poo in one.

Fixed. If I ever have to poo poo myself in terror right before my car kills me, I at least wish to do so in comfort and style.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

jeffreyw posted:

Is it actually? I’ve actually never been in a Tesla but I find it hard to believe the interior is superficially worse than my Mazda 3.

I have a Mazda 3 and it's decent and solid, I've only been in a Tesla once and it did seem noticeably lighter and tinnier.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FoolyCharged posted:

Where he failed so badly at doing so that the board hijacked his company and fired his rear end from his own company, named after himself.

Also, colonel Sanders descendants came after the dumbass when he dragged their ancestor into it.
Speaking of Colonel Sanders, do you have any idea how much of a mindfuck it was after I moved out west and found out that Kentucky Fried Chicken location #1 is in Salt Lake City, Utah?!?!?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

jeffreyw posted:

The comparison I've heard most for Teslas is materials quality of a Honda, build quality of a 1990s Kia.

And Honda would be a fine benchmark, if Teslas weren't twice the price

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ror posted:

I only ever rode in one Tesla, which was an Uber, and it seemed pretty comfortable and nice. It was a Model S though, not one of the cheaper ones.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

jeffreyw posted:

It's hilariously stupid. There's nothing to touch or experience beyond that giant screen. You just feel like your sitting in an empty pod surrounded by cheap material.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

OK, jumping straight to shitbox is probably unnecessary, but I still guarantee you that a Mazda 3 has an interior at least equally as nice as any Tesla if not subjectively nicer depending on your options like leather. Tesla is all thin materials that wear and the spartan design doesn't do any favors for making it feel plush either. You might not get in one and think it sucks compared to a Toyota or whatever, but for an $80k luxury car it definitely sucks. When you get in most cars that cost that much you think, holy poo poo this is comfy and decadent.

also: lol, yoke skin comes off

Rental car with 20k miles on it.

Ror fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 6, 2023

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Priuses interiors are made of thin stuff too for weight savings. Thin plastic. Thin glass. Thin tires.

They don't fall apart much though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Preoptopus posted:

It's hilariously stupid. There's nothing to touch or experience beyond that giant screen. You just feel like your sitting in an empty pod surrounded by cheap material.

Ah, so it's like living in my apartment

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Ror posted:

OK, jumping straight to shitbox is probably unnecessary, but I still guarantee you that a Mazda 3 has an interior at least equally as nice as any Tesla if not subjectively nicer depending on your options like leather. Tesla is all thin materials that wear and the spartan design doesn't do any favors for making it feel plush either. You might not get in one and think it sucks compared to a Toyota or whatever, but for an $80k luxury car it definitely sucks. When you get in most cars that cost that much you think, holy poo poo this is comfy and decadent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrx24jofi0w

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Ror posted:

Yeah looking into it deeper, the interior seems superficially like an upper level econobox at best except with weirdness like peeling yokes and the dash hood being as thin as a petrol station water bottle. Which I guess actually makes it worse, the only thing that I can say that feels a little cheap in my Mazda 3 is the piano black plastic that scratches easily (and Teslas also have that problem too).

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 6, 2023

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?

CBD Corndog posted:

oh you can get a round steering wheel now instead of that dumb loving F1 style. Ground breaking technology by Tesla.

For 700 more dollars, and still no real controls for the wipers or turn signals

https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/1611194269854834688

:dukedog: Once again Tesla is forced to reinvent the wheel.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

jeffreyw posted:

Yeah looking into it deeper, the interior seems superficially like an upper level econobox at best except with weirdness like peeling yokes and the dash hood being as thin as a petrol station water bottle. Which I guess actually makes it worse, the only thing that I can say that feels a little cheap in my Mazda 3 is the piano black plastic that scratches easily (and Teslas also have that problem too).

Piano black is a plague and even high end stuff has it. My truck has matte black buttons and they look just as good as the day I got it.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah if Teslas were $23k I don't think there would be so many complaints about the interior material quality. Try comparing it to other vehicles that MSRP for 80k+.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah if Teslas were $23k I don't think there would be so many complaints about the interior material quality. Try comparing it to other vehicles that MSRP for 80k+.

It’s not even close. And with competition now you can’t make the argument that the money is going into the power train.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
"retrofit" lmfao

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

$90,000 Car with $700 steering wheel DLC

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

It's important news so they're going to release it at prime news time: 6:15 on a Friday evening.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It's weird that Tesla's EV market share cratered when upscale brands like BMW, Mercedes etc entered the EV market with cleansheet designs that are a ton nicer to be in and cost about the same as a model S/X.

I don't even think it was elon being a dipshit that caused it it was just the market moving away from overpriced, overhyped and underbuilt vehicles.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
why do i need a steering wheel, the car can drive itself??????

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

PhazonLink posted:

why do i need a steering wheel, the car can drive itself??????

So you can use it for video games.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

smoobles posted:

$90,000 Car with $700 steering wheel DLC

at least the horse is free

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Escape Goat posted:

at least the horse is free

The Horse is the buyer, cause eventually you might end up as burning hot glue.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

priznat posted:

It's weird that Tesla's EV market share cratered when upscale brands like BMW, Mercedes etc entered the EV market with cleansheet designs that are a ton nicer to be in and cost about the same as a model S/X.

I don't even think it was elon being a dipshit that caused it it was just the market moving away from overpriced, overhyped and underbuilt vehicles.

This plus seeing Elon do nothing about it.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

morningdrew posted:

This fucker keeps creeping into my Google news feed

Concerning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nooner posted:

"retrofit" lmfao

Elon innovating again! Getting people to pay for something that should have been replaced for free in a factory recall.