Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Let's start part 3 / 3 of
Penultimate Quest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Had some mild insomnia last night and binged the rest of Demon.

God drat that was something.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Boba Pearl posted:

Be honest, you missed me.

yay bobas back with more kitty

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
ha, how many of you that are/were reading demon for the first time haven't binged it now?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

After Demon's done, I recommend reading through Meanwhile a few times.

I didn't realize the author put it on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/714980/Meanwhile_An_Interactive_Comic_Book/

I have a physical copy of it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

World Famous W posted:

ha, how many of you that are/were reading demon for the first time haven't binged it now?

*raises paw*

The current pace works fine for me

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

World Famous W posted:

This guy :chaostrump:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm also sticking with the thread's pace. Discussing (or just lurking) comments and speculation as a story evolves is something that makes this thread amazing.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

Be honest, you missed me.

Fumbles and the magic eating punch dagger.
:3c

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Swanboy: He’s always willing to forgive your poo poo

:stonk:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

World Famous W posted:

I have not, and I don't think I will.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

get a credit union, kc

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

HELL, FL #48

HELL, FL #49

PiratePrentice
Oct 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
Drop-Out

Will we ever find out what happened to Lola? Not if they have anything to say about it.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

World Famous W posted:

When people say they have I consider it but then get kinda lazy and do something else.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

i think the only comics i've ever read ahead when they were being posted in the thread were hitmen and trixie slaughteraxe. lol.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Not gonna lie, a reasonably priced 3D printed Ronnie would go great on my shelf.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

TOGETHER by @hausofdecline

CW: vomit, suicide (failed), suicidal thoughts, generational trauma, teeth, capitalism

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I didn't know what to make of Together when you started posting it but drat that was a powerful update just now.

World Famous W posted:

I never binge any of the comics because I'm lazy and I'd rather just read them here with everybody else

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Bingeing is really only a temptation for me when we're getting into the final sequences of a story, anyway. Like, BACK, I've been struggling to hold off since the big fight a a few weeks ago, but Demon's still way too early for me to even think about doing that.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Guy who wrote one of the best comics I've seen this year so far is also responsible for:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Guy who wrote one of the best comics I've seen this year so far is also responsible for:

The other best comic of the year?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

This confirms the thief took the dogshit anyway.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

rydiafan posted:

This confirms the thief took the dogshit anyway.

Well yeah, you don't just hang out on someone's porch opening their packages to see if it's something you want to steal. Or maybe you do, I'm not a professional package thief.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well yeah, you don't just hang out on someone's porch opening their packages to see if it's something you want to steal. Or maybe you do, I'm not a professional package thief.

Plus, free dogshit!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I really like Together a lot, thanks for posting it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slimy Hog posted:

Plus, free dogshit!

wait who. who's been charging you for dogshit

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

some plague rats posted:

wait who. who's been charging you for dogshit

I'm no sucker, I get it from boxes off people's porches.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

That last Together update is when the whole comic got to another level for me. Just simple and emotional and gives the entire story a brand new set of stakes. Here's hoping they stick the landing!

The only comics I ended up binging were Back and Demon. I just wanted to know the stories! Demon is a very fun ride to just blitz through.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

MokBa posted:

That last Together update is when the whole comic got to another level for me. Just simple and emotional and gives the entire story a brand new set of stakes. Here's hoping they stick the landing!

The only comics I ended up binging were Back and Demon. I just wanted to know the stories! Demon is a very fun ride to just blitz through.

I just finished binging Demon.

That was fun until the end, that end was dumb. I did think this was really funny though:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Slimy Hog posted:

I just finished binging Demon.

That was fun until the end, that end was dumb. I did think this was really funny though:

yeah the very end being "oh maybe I should try empathy I guess??" felt very hollow and out of left field after the entire comic being a lesson in using violence and nihilism for absurdist humor

The thing about Demon is I loved it but I can't think of any friends I'd actually recommend it to.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slimy Hog posted:

I'm no sucker, I get it from boxes off people's porches.

Hey I found the guy who keeps stealing all the dogshit! Let's get him!!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

some plague rats posted:

Hey I found the guy who keeps stealing all the dogshit! Let's get him!!

You mean "Let's get him more free dogshit" right? I'm down.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slimy Hog posted:

You mean "Let's get him more free dogshit" right? I'm down.

Oh you'll get your free dogshit alright, you'll get it real fast

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

some plague rats posted:

Oh you'll get your free dogshit alright, you'll get it real fast

That’s right! Some plague rats is teaming up with Amazon for free 2-day dogshit delivery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The plot thickens