Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ApeHawk posted:

Woolie needs to LP GOW:R to give Suzi another excuse to come on for another great spoilercast.

RE4:Remake isn't that far away and she'll be back for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

it's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6DuUrdvgUI

highlight is the crushing silence at the 38 minute mark

Bayo 3 really is a top-to-toe disaster-piece, huh?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ApeHawk posted:

Woolie needs to LP GOW:R to give Suzi another excuse to come on for another great spoilercast.
has Reggie played 2018? If not that could be a good series to do as well

Or...or an entire GOW series marathon :unsmigghh:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Captain Invictus posted:

Or...or an entire GOW series marathon :unsmigghh:

The algorithm wouldn't like the amounts of onscreen uncovered boobs from the older games.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
The one other person who I remember having a good rapport with Pat and Woolie was Slowbeef. They were both on his podcast and were two of the best episodes. Woolie also did a great Alien Soldier stream with Beef.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Slowbeef is how I found this channel. They were guests on retsutalk and I was really pulled in by their passion and humor.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think that might have been how I found out about them as well? One of those rare moments where "plug your stuff" actually worked and I went and checked out their podcast/channel.

e: I think the original machinima channel/format might have not got me either, had I seen that first. It was specifically the podcast and/or minimal editing "main" channel.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I found them though that one homestuck fan animation that used Matt’s audio for John and Pat’s audio for Dave

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'll add Gene Park to the list of good guests. I thought he had a great rapport with them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Suzi you could just slide in to CSB every other week and it'd be great. Gene I think would work like once every two months; great chemistry just not as great.

I found the channel when the very first video was featured on HALOLZ.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Suzi is great on the podcast, I'm not really a regular listener (I don't really listen to a lot of podcasts these days) but she fits in really well.

MorningMoon posted:

I found the channel when the very first video was featured on HALOLZ.

Yeah, same, saw that video and then just kind of kept watching.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Well, Woolie interpreted the choice in ME3 of telling Kelly to hide their identity so that Cerberus couldn't track her down as also telling her to stop helping the refugees and then convinced Reggie of the same, so RIP i guess.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I found them though that one homestuck fan animation that used Matt’s audio for John and Pat’s audio for Dave

I also found them through this

"I might need the blankie!"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I had to go look that up, kind of amazed I never saw it before.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I was on a skype call with someone watching the Indigo Prophecy LP, and she made us listen to the entire Furniture Attack Woolie Hype scene, and at that point I think I went through the catalogue, specifically the shitstorm

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

I gave them a try when they were first starting, heard Pat yelling and assumed they were just the same as those early youtube scream channels and quit. Then I heard Pat and Woolie on Retsutalk and liked them, so I gave their podcast a try. That's when I realized how Pat works and that these guys were unlike the phony copycats at the time and were actually just enthusiastic about nerd poo poo. It was also nice as a replacement for The Freelance Astronauts.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Let's see paul allen's best friends introduction

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

Let's see paul allen's best friends introduction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_4ljRv4Yuo&t=141s

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
The Miscellaneous LP thread here on SA introduced me to SBFP’s Behond Two Souls let’s play. I think it was in the first episode where they started singing a Fort Minor song that I knew they were for me

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

They've now got Javik in the ME3 LP and Woolie is having fun with the character.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I started with the Portal 2 machinima video, all you latecomers are FAKE FANS

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1608849269536206851?cxt=HHwWhsDR_d7449MsAAAA

Here’s a fun crossover

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I started with Woolie's "Shut up about fan projects" video, then never payed any attention to him until I clicked on his Halo 2 LP with Little V.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kazzah posted:

I started with the Portal 2 machinima video, all you latecomers are FAKE FANS

wow, poser fan only started after they sold out :smug:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Their Dark Souls 2 series was the first time I really noticed them. I'd always wanted to try those games, but none of the beginner guides I read on them helped me wrap my head around what I was supposed to do, and it was helpful to hear Pat say "this is how the stats work, but the stats are also kinda fucky" which is apparently all I needed to hear and is what got me to finally dive into Souls games.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I stumbled onto the gang pretty early on in the Machinima days and once they had their own channel I jumped over super quick.

Took me a long time to realize that Matt was the one that did the old 90s animated Stupidity videos though.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Vandar posted:

I stumbled onto the gang pretty early on in the Machinima days and once they had their own channel I jumped over super quick.
Yeah I was very iffy on the early machinima stuff but once they started doing full lps where they just talked like actual people I got on board pretty immediately.

That fire axe throw changed history

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pennsylvanian posted:

Their Dark Souls 2 series was the first time I really noticed them. I'd always wanted to try those games, but none of the beginner guides I read on them helped me wrap my head around what I was supposed to do, and it was helpful to hear Pat say "this is how the stats work, but the stats are also kinda fucky" which is apparently all I needed to hear and is what got me to finally dive into Souls games.

It was the DS1 playthrough that did this for me (at least the part of getting into DS) - A friend was very enthusiastic about DS1 and gifted it to me, I tried it out, stumbled into the skeleton graveyard, I think I eventually found the right way to go, but was just generally frustrated and lacking patience.

Pat giving a rundown of stats and how to build gave me a bit of a kick in the pants to try again - had a bit of a "if this goober (Woolie) can manage it, I can too" which quickly turned into wanting to stay ahead of the LP so I wouldn't be spoiled & could have some fun anticipating what was coming next.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LiamAllenMiller/status/1611050818425294848

:unsmith:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Guess he’s a wife guy now. It would be neat if he ever popped on the podcast, but I can’t imagine that would ever happen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Warbird posted:

Guess he’s a wife guy now. It would be neat if he ever popped on the podcast, but I can’t imagine that would ever happen.

with pat there? fuuuuuuuuuck no

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Unless things massively improved in the background, Liam and Pat had an extremely volatile breakup and an equally huge blowup in the castle superbeast days.

To a passing extent, Matt's wife certainly hates Pat and probably shares the same feelings as Matt himself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

A chaotic 4-person Mountain Bois episode. Remember? The EyePatchWolf, Woolie and Folding Ideas podcast.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Tae posted:

Unless things massively improved in the background, Liam and Pat had an extremely volatile breakup and an equally huge blowup in the castle superbeast days.

To a passing extent, Matt's wife certainly hates Pat and probably shares the same feelings as Matt himself.

To add to this, the guys all get reasonably pissed off whenever a fan/viewer tells them "oh, I wish you guys got back together for whatever".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And didn't pat recently just flat out spell out how loving terrible things were going for a while, iirc like Matt would just not do poo poo constantly(or do things wrong all the time despite being given clear instructions), while also being the one getting paid the most and the one handling the money?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

band breakups are rarely clean and this sure as poo poo wasn't

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3SDuRoCMjQ

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yikes at the comments on that video.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Captain Invictus posted:

And didn't pat recently just flat out spell out how loving terrible things were going for a while, iirc like Matt would just not do poo poo constantly(or do things wrong all the time despite being given clear instructions), while also being the one getting paid the most and the one handling the money?

There were like 4chan posts or some poo poo saying Matt was at fault, with the implication that he was too much of a whiny SJW or some poo poo. There's no reason to take them as credible. It did seem like Matt burned out first, since he went on that break for a while before the dissolution and came back. It also seemed like Pat and Liam's personalities didn't mesh well and their personal neuroses stressed each other out, too. Aside from that, I don't think it needs further elaboration. It's just people growing up and wanting to move in different directions in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Yeah, sometimes friends just move apart and it's made worse by having your work involved. It happened with a food truck that I opened with my best friend.