Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
doesnt seem like we have many rights though.

literally does just seem like best plan is to run away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
da Share Zone strategy is unbeatable.

gently caress spending a year of your life harassing people for CCTV footage and wasting court time over a couple hundred quid - even if I was unemployed I'd value my time a lot higher than that

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'd be scared to run in case the jobsworth in question decided to get their own back by uploading the video to the internet. You never want to be on social media awkwardly fleeing from someone with a bodycam, you might as well have 'I've been found out sending explicit texts to 14 year olds' tattooed on your forehead. Life ruiner.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I've seen one of these authorised officers trail a woman smoking a cigarette for at least a minute until they dropped it, then demand they come back out of the hotel lobby they'd just entered onto the street so they could get their fine. Spectacular mall cop bullshit

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

to be fair if i was a litter fairy I would target smokers as easy money.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
God smoking fags is so rancid, shameful that I used to have drunken smokes when I was young and thought I was cool

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I thought the whole litter wardens thing tended to be councils hiring private companies to collect fines? These people tended to target more vulnerable people than others - I used to work for a charity aimed at helping disabled adults and the amount that came in upset they had lost their weeks income for dropping a cigarette seemed higher than other groups I'm in. Aye, littering is bad, but it seems a disproportionate punishment for people who don't have much money and smoke, especially with money that could be spent on more bins instead contracting private companies as an additional income stream or whatever. Its bullshit.

Trin Tragula posted:

Know Your Rights: Council Busybodies Edition

Nice

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Yeah cigs are nasty, I've only smoked a handful in my life and I regretted it every time. Those new snus-like synthetic nicotine pouches you put under your lip though, now they're good, gently caress me.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Natural 20 posted:

nationalised energy wholesale

Lol at swallowing this one in particular

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's cool that we have lawyers in this thread who give good advice. Elsewhere I keep telling them about the crimes I do and they keep forwarding the chat logs to the rozzers

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

if i got a littering ticket i would just hire that loophole lawyer all the celebrities get when they get caught drunk doing 100mph in a 30

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I believe that lawyer is called Mr G. Waddacash

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Pro tip, never go outside. Can't get fined for pouring coffee down your own sink. Yet.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tarnop posted:

Lol at swallowing this one in particular

Also he repeatedly refused to commit to repealing anti strike legislation, so I don't know where that's coming from.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

Also he repeatedly refused to commit to repealing anti strike legislation, so I don't know where that's coming from.

I think it's a conflation of different issues. He's said he'll repeal the brand new stuff that's just been announced but not Maggie's poo poo or any other existing stuff.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I don’t want to start another “should the left vote Labour” debate again, but every time I think that maybe I’ll hold my nose next election and vote for whatever melt runs in my constituency, the PLP come out with more right wing bullshit. I imagine a fair number of left leaning people would probably vote Labour if they had some mild social democratic policies (like utility nationalisation), but the party seem to want to actively turn away even that demographic. They’re just so poo poo.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Unless someone leadership challenges Keir I'm probably just going to vote Lib Dem for the lols because gently caress this country, I still feel like come election time some sort of character assassination plot will unearth as it always does and we'll be back to CON +30

The press consumers really are that loving gullible, as we've seen time and time again.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
A vote for the libdems is a vote for the tories

Why not vote for the greens

edit: this is still one of my fave green ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPgS7p40ERg

Microplastics fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 6, 2023

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Diet Crack posted:

Unless someone leadership challenges Keir I'm probably just going to vote Lib Dem for the lols because gently caress this country, I still feel like come election time some sort of character assassination plot will unearth as it always does and we'll be back to CON +30

The press consumers really are that loving gullible, as we've seen time and time again.

We tried that in 2010 and it didn't end well.

Vote for whoever you can who's placed to the left of Labour. Green or TUSC or whoever else. But not the Lib Dems, for the love of god.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Littering isn't an issue you can just solve with more bins.

Go to any carpark with a McDonald's drive through nearby. You only have to wait maybe 10 minutes before you see someone dump their eaten order out their window because stepping out of the parked car and taking the 10 steps to the bin is just too much to ask.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Ed Davey was senior in possibly the worst government of our lifetimes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Diet Crack posted:

Unless someone leadership challenges Keir I'm probably just going to vote Lib Dem

I thought the point was to not vote Tory :confused:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

The office for my last job used to be near a university building. I'd often walk past it to get my lunch and as I was doing so I'd see students dropping their cigarette ends on the ground and walking into the weird automated revolving doors (they'd sit open until someone entered then they'd wait a second before starting to turn - revelant).

One day when I was doing so I saw a girl drop her cigarette, stand on it, and walk towards the revolving door and without thinking about it I picked it up, walked over to her, and as she entered the door said "excuse me, I think you dropped this". She turned around with her hand out (I don't know how I was this lucky), I put the cigarette end in her hand, and before she had a chance to realise what was going on the automated door had started revolving and she had to move inside or get hit by it.

It sounds like an unrealistically convenient "and then everybody clapped" story, but if I was going to invent one of those I'd at least try to come up with something that makes me seem like less of a loser oval office. I loved it though.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Maybe this is how "when older more Tory" actually works, your brain just becomes the Joker from years of poo poo from the 'soft left'.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

It sounds like an unrealistically convenient "and then everybody clapped" story, but if I was going to invent one of those I'd at least try to come up with something that makes me seem like less of a loser oval office. I loved it though.

You may well be a loser oval office, but not for this

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

On one hand you're right. On the other, gently caress grasses.

Definitely don't drop your butts on the grass. You can start fires that way.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

Go to any carpark with a McDonald's drive through nearby. You only have to wait maybe 10 minutes before you see someone dump their eaten order out their window because stepping out of the parked car and taking the 10 steps to the bin is just too much to ask.

The Singapore solution - public whipping.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1610953194376695810

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

prank for a dull afternoon; go out for a smoke, attract the attention of a litter cop but have your cig butt with a bit of fishing line on it just short enough to not hit the floor when you drop it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

That is a hilarious prank tbf

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I will still vote Labour, but god they make me not want to.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Don't vote Labour.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JUST DONT loving VOTE AT ALL

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Diet Crack posted:

I will still vote Labour, but god they make me not want to.

Rarity posted:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Diet Crack posted:

Getting really sick of these articles myself. Someone on Twitter summed them up as: "I need this dog I've bought to meow and scratch the furniture."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Diet Crack posted:

Love these articles. Yes Starmer may have been lying to get the leadership. Yes he may have appointed a bunch of ghouls to crew his ship of the damned. Yes he's broken every promise he's ever made. But what if he's secretly very left wing?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Microplastics posted:

My cat did a runny poo poo on the bus once and every mother fucker got off the bus at the next stop, there's just no living with that, it's not survivable

Whenever I move house (more than I like), my cat will start screaming from as soon as the car/van starts and reliably poo poo himself about 5 minutes in. Do not recommend a 3 hour drive after that.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 6, 2023

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mega Comrade posted:

The Maccies near me has big open-mouthed bins with a little target inside (like an inverted urinal) so people can lob their rubbish straight out of the car window. Obviously lots of people still aren’t bothered (or just miss) but it’s a good effort nonetheless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

feedmegin posted:

Whenever I move house (more than I like), my cat will start screaming from as soon as the car/van starts and reliably poo poo himself about 5 minutes in. Do not recommend a 3 hour drive after that.

My horrors tend to do the same (and when a Maine coon shits itself in a confined space the results are /not/ pretty).

When we moved from London to Shropshire we dosed up all three of them with Xanax and some sort of kitty tranquilliser. Rosa spent the entire trip on her back with her mouth open in her carrier, Bob dozed most of the way and Digby woke up for the last half hour and started to industriously chew through his carrier- which was designed for medium sized dogs. The little shite.

Then when we got here all of them walked like drunken sailors for a few hours. Wish I’d thought to video them- it was hilariously cute.