Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Data Graham posted:

I dare you to control this motherfucker by touch just groping blindly in your pocket

it has distinct play/pause and skip buttons though so its actually doable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

It makes zero sense to have one in that climate but people do nonsensical things!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

FirstnameLastname posted:

looks like they never fixed it by the way

how hard did it shake the baby? While it may have been more shaking than one would like, its not really a dangerous amount

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
A representative spoke out and said that dog mode was always a misnomer because its designed to kill most kinds of pets, not just dogs.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

FirstnameLastname posted:

looks like they never fixed it by the way

At a previous job we had a company come in to get us to bid on some software/hardware they wanted to sell. Their idea was a dog collar with sensors that could detect the dogs body temp and relay that to a cell phone so you could get an alert when you left your dog in the car and it was getting too hot. I laughed when I was asked to work on a quote and told them that they only way anyone on my team would do this Is if the app was a single screen that reported the person to the police with a giant message “DO NOT LEAVE ANY LIVING THING IN YOUR HOT CAR YOU PIECE OF poo poo”. Every few months I’d hear one of our sales people trying to get places overseas to outsource it to, and even most of those were “no, gently caress you”.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i cant fuckin wait to post on page 1000

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Resist the urge.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I still don't understand why the apple mouse requires me to flip it over to charge it

They should sell a nifty little stand for it for like $30

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1611184353106616327

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1610195517375500288

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/1611390291063500800?s=46&t=9aF6Uyn27xRifAs8SVxlgg

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Piss Creep posted:

They should sell a nifty little stand for it for like $30

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1611184353106616327

Lol the replies are mad about are margins :qq:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

They make a RWD model 3. That thing has got to be super squirrelly with all that torque.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Everyone wants to play Cyberpunk 2077 in their cars when they're escaping their 26 children.

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
They should just make the windscreen a screen and its just shows the road ahead in a cool 8bit style and get Rob Hubbard and Ben Daglish to do the soundtrack for it.

The camera wont be used for the FSD, just for the cool video.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They can put a hud overlay on the screen and replace the headlights with infrared lamps for aesthetic reasons.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

I've seen this movie, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFwFisdZcfI

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The apple mouse was designed to be unusable while charging because Steve jobs thought a wireless mouse that could be used while charging would inevitably to the user end up as a wired mouse (because people would find it easier to never unplug it) which he specifically did not want because of aesthetics and branding.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Piss Creep posted:

They should just make the windscreen a screen and its just shows the road ahead in a cool 8bit style and get Rob Hubbard and Ben Daglish to do the soundtrack for it.

The 8-bit display places virtual berries on the road and you get points for collecting them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It also uses the berries to represent organic obstacles on the road.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
In South Africa, they're blackberries.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Drone_Fragger posted:

The apple mouse was designed to be unusable while charging because Steve jobs thought a wireless mouse that could be used while charging would inevitably to the user end up as a wired mouse (because people would find it easier to never unplug it) which he specifically did not want because of aesthetics and branding.

doesn't it also give you 3 weeks of use with 1 minute of charging?

there's a LOT to not like about apple and their walled garden bullshit - a charging port on a mouse is pretty loving low on the complaint list

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Shroud posted:

In South Africa, they're blackberries.

drat, those are worth so many points.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Drone_Fragger posted:

He was wrong about this just like he was a wrong dead idiot about treating his cancer with juice

Source: I unplug my wireless mouse even though I can use it plugged in, and modern medicine rules

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Piss Creep posted:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I hadn’t realized his French goth outfit was supposed to be the marquis de Sade, that makes it even better.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

feelix posted:

He was wrong about this just like he was a wrong dead idiot about treating his cancer with juice

At least he killed himself, unlike Musk.

Accubitus
Nov 7, 2020
Seeing some totally relevant and useful Twitter trends for me, website is definitely working the way it's supposed to

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

If people wouldn't unplug it, they would just buy a wired mouse, besides, who cares if someone is using a product wrong, that's what a support article is for

Jobs took too much drugs

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Steve jobs refused to make the phone big.

Steve jobs is an idiot.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Slotducks posted:

doesn't it also give you 3 weeks of use with 1 minute of charging?

there's a LOT to not like about apple and their walled garden bullshit - a charging port on a mouse is pretty loving low on the complaint list

I remember when the switchover to the walled garden poo poo happened bc I actually worked for an Apple store and let me tell you. Apple users who had spent their lives modifying their own machines were just as furious that the entire brand was moving towards 'we want everyone to be able to use our stuff and we definitely don't want them trying to fix it' poo poo, such that they came out with the unibody laptops which were impossible to open. Used to be the Apple laptops would have a little flap on the bottom for the battery and RAM upgrades.

Frankly, once iPhone came out it was all over for 'Classic Apple', it became all about providing products and services to that mobile ethos. Tiny computers that people can't open became Their Thing.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

gschmidl posted:

At least he killed himself, unlike Musk.

You'll have to give Musk some time here, recently he's been posting some pretty serious anti vaxx poo poo so he's got a decent chance to go out like Jobs.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Drone_Fragger posted:

He wasn't wrong about that, but in my case it's because my cat flings it off my desk every time it's unplugged.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Preoptopus posted:

I live in the colorado high rockies where they regularly close the highways during blizzards meaning traffic sits for hours on the highway until they can clear the wreck or whatever. Now it's common knowledge you don't drive on the highway here in the winter without a full tank of gas (if not with extra spare fuel). Now imagine sitting in a tesla running the heater on an ever weaker battery. I don't care what tesla says the capabilites are I would be freaking out. Still so many people have them up here.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a38807463/tesla-model-3-climate-control-cold-weather-test/

Here is Car and Driver testing that.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016
Thread moves fast, so not sure if this has been posted, but Glenn Howerton (Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) went on an absolute tirade against Tesla on the IASIP podcast because of a lovely experience he had with their UI "features." It's long, but quite good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxud-F_kMWM&t=232s

Shorter summary: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/tesla-locked-always-sunny-glenn-howerton-b2207202.html

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I remember when that happened and loling bc I already knew he was going to say the car couldn't connect in the garage, bc it's happened before. But he loved his car before this, and he hasn't followed up to say he's getting rid of his Tesla or some poo poo so I'm fairly sure that he got some star treatment after making the news and is fine now. I think it was just an effort to get some loving customer service on the line. Which is also hilarious.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I remember when that happened and loling bc I already knew he was going to say the car couldn't connect in the garage, bc it's happened before. But he loved his car before this, and he hasn't followed up to say he's getting rid of his Tesla or some poo poo so I'm fairly sure that he got some star treatment after making the news and is fine now. I think it was just an effort to get some loving customer service on the line. Which is also hilarious.

His choice to go straight to Tesla sales to get an actual, live person to potentially assist was a good call. I've no doubt he's still rolling around in a Tesla still though.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

spunkshui posted:

Steve jobs is an idiot.

Counterpoint: modern phones are ridiculously huge, and the fact they keep getting bigger is incredibly stupid for something is supposed to fit in your pocket

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spunkshui posted:

Steve jobs is an idiot.

He also thought using pens on the displays was for losers. Well, who's the loser now?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tiny Timbs posted:

split in two and bury itself in both ends at once

But enough about your favorite anime.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

Piss Creep posted:

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but Ben Daglish died in 2018 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
didnt a non important tesla tool also get stuck in a parking deck, and the tow they called also got stuck for non telcom signal reasons., like isnt the solution here just to as the IT dept to get like a few hundo feet of cable and a cheap router?