Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/1611165988220981249

Sucks but not surprising, Rivas had a really weird profile at 1B as an undersized zero power line drive guy. The month or two where he hit out of his mind was cool at least.

Cubs 21-22: the month or two where he hit out of his mind was cool at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bearstradamus_1/status/1540557631076667392

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

This and the 773 tattoo demonstrate that this show needed a Chicago consultant. Also getting mad about River North gentrifying

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

They handled this a lot better than the Cubs-related scene in Emily in Paris, as broken down on Effectively Wild recently.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, it's Trevor Bauer D-day. Or it will be when the west loving coast deigns to get out of bed in 3 hours.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Correa still being in contract limbo is pretty weird to me. Also, is he not better at short defensively than Lindor? I haven’t watched a lot of either of them in the last few years so maybe I’m just out of touch but I thought Correa was considered the superior defender and would would push Frankie to third instead of the other way around

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Correa still being in contract limbo is pretty weird to me. Also, is he not better at short defensively than Lindor? I haven’t watched a lot of either of them in the last few years so maybe I’m just out of touch but I thought Correa was considered the superior defender and would would push Frankie to third instead of the other way around

Frankie was on the team first and part of the contract offer to Correa is you will play third are you cool with that. Ego thing essentially.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Lindor's a better defender by OAA, too. Although by a couple of percentiles, so it's not like Correa's bad (2022 he was terrible by OAA but that's clearly an outlier.)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
personal eye test, but it looks to me like Frankie has better range and Correa a better arm, so having him go to 3rd makes more sense

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm ready to argue about Eric Hosmer again, let's fuckin go.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Extremely high quality SS FA signings in New York have to move to 3B under state law.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

personal eye test, but it looks to me like Frankie has better range and Correa a better arm, so having him go to 3rd makes more sense

The numbers generally show both of these to be true

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

R.D. Mangles posted:

my sources tell me it's either tampa or oakland.

oh god oakland signing Correa would be the funniest thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/1611385935727587329

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Mustached Demon posted:

Cubs 21-22: the month or two where he hit out of his mind was cool at least.

2014 Emilio Bonifacio

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Good. Correa deserves to lose to the Yankees for the rest of his career.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Can't wait for the Twins to announce a mega-deal then pull it when they're shocked by his physical

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

His left foot is on backwards

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

lol Jim Bowden

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/status/1611400838919950336

💅

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
:laffo:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
This whole saga is hilarious

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i am pursuing carlos correa

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Starting to think that this might not be the deal that gets him the most dollars he's gonna get. That might've been another, earlier deal.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Carlos Correa has a little gremlin living inside his leg, gnawing on his leg bones.

For some reason, a few teams finds this concerning.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Carlos Correa - welcome to Pittsburgh :getin:

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
https://twitter.com/MattDAlbertson/status/1611422382329139201?s=20&t=PeorSBdBKdaSkTzkVTUjMA

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/KodyDuncanPGH/status/1611370378428833794
Bob Nutting delenda est

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

To me that offer screams ‘we have no intention of keeping you but we have to make a symbolic effort’

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1611432205389107200

quote:

The complaint says the man attended a Sept. 8 doubleheader against the San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee's American Family Field, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. He said he drank at least 10 beers, passed out, woke up and got back inside the stadium by pulling on a door until it opened.

He found his way to the clubhouse and started taking stuff from the locker room, the complaint said. A team strength coach said items taken from his office included a laptop, iPods, headphones, a passport and a credit card.

A jersey and a shaving kit were taken from manager Craig Counsell's office, and an equipment manager said a game-used hat, an autographed bat, a 45-year anniversary 1982 signed bat, a replica World Series ring, and keys to the team's Arizona spring training facility were stolen from his office. Two game jerseys and a bag with baseballs and pitching devices were taken from the coaches' locker room, according to the complaint.

The man then ordered an Uber to take him home. His roommate told detectives that the man showed up early on Sept. 9 with a duffel bag stuffed with Brewers memorabilia, the complaint said. Investigators recovered most of the items from the man's apartment.

Put him in the HoF

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Didn't some guy get into Miller Park a few years back and caused a bunch of damage on the field?

Maybe the Brewers should consider locking the doors.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Nodoze posted:

This whole saga is hilarious

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Next ballot, Republicans will make history and nominate Carlos Correa, who will be the first Puerto Rican Speaker of the House. Nomination is pending results of his physical.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/Every6thDay/status/1611451611121090560

Nobody here is going to crack 350 PAs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
where's the carlos correa option

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Wasn't Bart supposed to be like a slam dunk every day AS catcher?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers to their fans: here cry about this

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1611452351348625408

and then in an hour we'll announce we're keeping Bauer

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
eric hosmer sucks

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sydin posted:

I don’t know about that, but he was supposed to be better than what he has produced as a pro so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

There's no such thing, which is why when you have one, you're supposed to let them walk and make no effort to retain them.