Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
There we go. Hello, chyron, my old friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

And there's 6, no way for Kev to win now

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
Aha, that's it with Harris, on to lucky vote 13!

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Harris is 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9J7WcYtxI

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
Aww yeah on to 13!

Why am i watching C-Span on a Friday night (for me)? I'm not even American!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

A baker's dozen! Never give up hope, always remember CHAOS REIGNS

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Aaaaand that's the sixth. Round 13 here we gooooo!

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
This will now be officially the fifth longest speaker election by number of ballots. (If McCarthy had won this round it would have tied for fifth.)

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Interestingly, CSPAN's chyron was already saying McCarthy had lost when it was only 5 defections

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Even after he busted out the kneepads last night, he's still short. If it ends up being just like, 6 non-Kevin's left, he might be able to break it today, but I feel like we still hit double-digits against him.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1611419844842328064?s=20

Gaetz will burn this whole thing to the ground lol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Interestingly, CSPAN's chyron was already saying McCarthy had lost when it was only 5 defections

That's because 5 defections are enough right now, because 2 McCarthy supporters are out of town (for a medical appointment and a burial, respectively).

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Gaetz: "Uuhuhuhuhuh. Hey, uh, Beavis. Watch this."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TLM3101 posted:

Gaetz: "Uuhuhuhuhuh. Hey, uh, Beavis. Watch this."

Don't disrespect Butthead by comparing him to Gaetz.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

flipped Luna too but she does NOT look happy about it

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Wonder which way the concessions went for the defectors. Did McCarthy agree to them, or did the defectors get explained in graphic detail how useless their roles would be?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Torrannor posted:

That's because 5 defections are enough right now, because 2 McCarthy supporters are out of town (for a medical appointment and a burial, respectively).

Ah, I only thought it was 1.

So actually, in this instance, is the threshold to win only 216/215? Figure we start with 434 because of the one death vacancy, plus 2 missing takes the total down to 432. Factor in that that one rep (Sparts or something?) might continue to just vote Present, and the total of viable votes is 431. Not sure if I've got my math right here.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Fire in the disco!

Fire in the gaetz of hell!

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Don't disrespect Butthead by comparing him to Gaetz.

Excellent point. I withdraw the remark and apologize without reservation.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Ah, I only thought it was 1.

So actually, in this instance, is the threshold to win only 216/215? Figure we start with 434 because of the one death vacancy, plus 2 missing takes the total down to 432. Factor in that that one rep (Sparts or something?) might continue to just vote Present, and the total of viable votes is 431. Not sure if I've got my math right here.

Spartz said that her Present votes were a way of signaling that this should be hashed out in private, so I presume if things are close enough to get KMC over the line she'd actually vote as expected.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol "KEVIN...........HERN!"

Timmy Age 6
Jul 23, 2011

Lobster says "mrow?"

Ramrod XTreme
Flipping Scott Perry really means they're close.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

KEVIN!

HERN!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Expert troll job

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Lmao this is incredible

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So does this end the Democrat's plurality win, or are they still winning in every sense of the word?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

The Lord of Hats posted:

Even after he busted out the kneepads last night, he's still short. If it ends up being just like, 6 non-Kevin's left, he might be able to break it today, but I feel like we still hit double-digits against him.

Hilarious how if they had just forced him out over the sex crimes this wouldn't be happening

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Randalor posted:

So does this end the Democrat's plurality win, or are they still winning in every sense of the word?

Every vote that McCarthy loses is a win for the Democrats, so... yeah.

Cumdog Millionaire
Jul 21, 2022

Whoever told you not to kink shame had a shameful kink.
I kind of new to house politics: What was funny about the "hern" thing.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Cumdog Millionaire posted:

His first name is also Kevin

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Cumdog Millionaire posted:

He shares a first name with Kevin McCarthy so saying Kevin and then pausing before dropping Hern is the Congressional equivalent of "That's a really nice shirt ............ NOT"

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I had to come in from the other room to see who got booed.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Randalor posted:

Assuming Jeffries still gets 212, then yes, he'll still have the plurality.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why does the clerk call Trump “the honorable” when reading the vote totals? Isn’t that title just for current house members?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I feel like we're going to see Gaetz get really heated on this next one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Randalor posted:

Unless the Republicans can bribe or successfully hold the phylacteries of all but 9(?) holdouts, Jeffries will always have the most votes while nobody wins.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh, they convinced Spartz that it's time to poo poo or get off the pot.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Wow Gosar too huh?

Also never mind, I guess I did my math wrong and Jeffries time as having Plurality victory is done.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Gosar looking like hes melting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

Oooo. Gosar flipped and then wobbled out of the chamber like a naked mole-rat.