Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

priznat posted:

Is White Queen a little bugged? I am zabuing her with wong pretty often and she pulls the same card 2x even if the opponent’s deck has a few cards in it. Even after I odin’d that lane it pulled the same 2 again so I had 4 prof x’s sitting in my hand ffs.

WQ copies the highest cost in hand - they would have had Prof X in hand, no 6's in hand and likely no other 5's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

priznat posted:

Is White Queen a little bugged? I am zabuing her with wong pretty often and she pulls the same card 2x even if the opponent’s deck has a few cards in it. Even after I odin’d that lane it pulled the same 2 again so I had 4 prof x’s sitting in my hand ffs.

It's hand, not deck, and it's their highest cost. so if they only have one 5-drop it will always be that 5-drop. Also cards like Wave gently caress with it (and probably Zabu?)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

pray for my aunt posted:

WQ copies the highest cost in hand - they would have had Prof X in hand, no 6's in hand and likely no other 5's.

Oh duh shoulda read it, I thought it was a rando copy. That explains it!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Studio posted:

It's hand, not deck, and it's their highest cost. so if they only have one 5-drop it will always be that 5-drop. Also cards like Wave gently caress with it (and probably Zabu?)

It's current cost, so yes. If you had a spare energy the previous turn an opponent's White Queen will take Infinaut over She-Hulk.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I'm playing WQ in my CL599 Devil Dino deck. In games where you don't Moon Girl > Dino > Dino, and you often don't end up playing the card she pulls- 4/6 and knowing your opp has Odin/Heimdall/Spectrum basically let's you solve Turn 6.

She was also just in every deck I made at low CL.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Yeah, the information is far more value than the card most of the time. Right now I’m playing a deck with Lady Sif, Ghost Rider, & Dracula and it would be an upgrade if she just showed me the card.

Angry-Alphs
Feb 24, 2019
I've finally seen a pixel variant that beats hell cow

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

mirror123 posted:

Is Storm being in the savage lands part of some comic event?

every female marvel character being in the savage lands is part of the forever ongoing comic event that is "artists being horny to draw girls in skimpy cavegirl outfits"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Nikumatic posted:

every female marvel character being in the savage lands is part of the forever ongoing comic event that is "artists being horny to draw girls in skimpy cavegirl outfits"

14 year old me, walking into the comic store:

UGH! WTF MARVEL!!!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nikumatic posted:

To be fair, the X-Men have been visiting the Savage Land since the 1960s.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

odiv posted:

Coming from Magic, I've been getting a bit frustrated with what seems like inconsistencies in how the cards work.

Think of it less like Magic and more like the cartoon version of Yu-Gi-Oh where you have to believe in the heart of the cards and sometimes weird poo poo works out because of shenanigans.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

edgar_ posted:

Are the Noir variants in the store yet? I’ve never seen one and I want the professor x one real bad

https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/noir/

How is there no Spider-man noir? What the gently caress are you doing Ben? Get your life together.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Jedit posted:

To be fair, the X-Men have been visiting the Savage Land since the 1960s.

Didn't Storm become a queen there or something or am I making this up?

Edit - I haven't read comics in many years and this game has me thinking about signing up for Marvel Unlimited so that's something, good job team.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 6, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Skippy McPants posted:

How is there no Spider-man noir? What the gently caress are you doing Ben? Get your life together.

Since Spider verse he's been treated as a distinct character so they may be saving it

Kaddish posted:

Didn't Storm become a queen there or something or am I making this up?

Edit - I haven't read comics in many years and this game has me thinking about signing up for Marvel Unlimited so that's something, good job team.

That was Wakanda

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Kaddish posted:

I had a look at some and while sometimes the art is pretty good I just can't get past the comic book writing style. Maybe some are good (if so please recommend!) but that is certainly not the norm.

distortion park fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jan 6, 2023

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Opopanax posted:

Since Spider verse he's been treated as a distinct character so they may be saving it

That was Wakanda

Doh, thanks.

distortion park posted:

I had a look at some and while sometimes the art is pretty good I just can't get past the comic book writing style. Maybe some are good (if so please recommend!) but that certainly not the norm.

Sadly I had the same reaction the last time I tried to get back into them. Still, I'm feeling the draw again.

Mushrooman
Apr 16, 2003

Disco Dancin'
I do think that the current card acquisition method is a pretty steep barrier to a competitive scene, unfortunately. I’m still interested in seeing what sort of format develops once battle mode is released.

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.

distortion park posted:

I had a look at some and while sometimes the art is pretty good I just can't get past the comic book writing style. Maybe some are good (if so please recommend!) but that is certainly not the norm.

I'm not an X-Men fan, but House of X and Powers of X both got critical praise for relaunching the line. I do recommend last year's DC "Pride" issue, if only for the Kevin Conry short "Becoming Batman." (Now with more gravitas because death. Stupid death.)

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

distortion park posted:

What do you think of as the comic book writing style? Some writers have a more distinct style than others, so I would be surprised if there is a thing about comics in general that you don’t like.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Opopanax posted:

Does that mean we might get Spider-Ham as well?!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Dravs posted:

Does that mean we might get Spider-Ham as well?!

I would be surprised if most of the spider-verse variants don't show up, including noir like someone mentioned above, but as different characters ala Miles since they have different powers.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
We need a Scarlet Spider card.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I finally got Winterverse Rockslide. A happy kitten, I.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Naked Man Punch posted:

I'm not an X-Men fan, but House of X and Powers of X both got critical praise for relaunching the line. I do recommend last year's DC "Pride" issue, if only for the Kevin Conry short "Becoming Batman." (Now with more gravitas because death. Stupid death.)

I haven't picked up a comic since I was like 12 but the sick art on the "House" Professor X variant is tempting me to go read that

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

There are a couple of data-mined Spider-family cards out there,

Ghost-Spider (2/2), On Reveal: Move the last card you played here.
Silk (2/5), When anyone plays a card here, move this to another location.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 6, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Skippy McPants posted:

Iron fist -> vulture -> ghost spider+cloak is an 18 power vulture goddamn.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Minor detail, but I like that since Spider-verse powder blue ballet shoes appear to have become Spider-Gwen's canon footwear. That was such a nice little character touch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oasx posted:

We need a Scarlet Spider card.

Oddly enough I did see a Ben Reilly variant for Spider-Man the other day

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Skippy McPants posted:

Minor detail, but I like that since Spider-verse powder blue ballet shoes appear to have become Spider-Gwen's canon footwear. That was such a nice little character touch.

She's had those since her first appearance:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vanilla Bison posted:

She's had those since her first appearance:

Fair enough! Still a cool bit of visual storytelling.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Skippy McPants posted:

Do be aware that at least in one recent case we've seen a data-mined card get completely changed before release. Shadow King has been in the game files forever as a 6/4 "destroy all cards with 2 or less power" and now he's been officially announced as a 4/3 "set all cards here to their original base power". Quite a few of those data-mined cards have existed since beta and who knows if they'll ever release in their current form.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

We have a whole forum here that would be more than happy to help with recommendations for people looking to get back into comics but it really comes down to what you like in your reading. Marvel Unlimited is insanely good value if you're actually interested in reading books again but I also understand that it's hard to figure out where to start and the organization is not set up as much for "Discover" as it is for "I know what I want to read."

Also, follow creators not characters.
You can barely go wrong with books from Jon Hickman, he writes incredible over arching sweeping epics. He's currently in charge of the X books and did House and Power of X.

Also check out Immortal Iron Fist and Hawkeye from Matt Fraction. Both are very self contained and great starts for people wanting to know more about both characters. A lot of character details as well as Pizza Dog from the recent Hawkeye show were aped from this run.

Another creator to look for is Kieran Gillen. Does great smart work. His run on Journey Into Mystery (which brought us Kid Loki) is so loving good. He also did an incredible Darth Vader run.

I could go on for a while but again, there's a recommendations thread pinned in BSS that's worth posting to if you're interested in getting back into things and looking for "what's good."

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Oasx posted:

What do you think of as the comic book writing style? Some writers have a more distinct style than others, so I would be surprised if there is a thing about comics in general that you don’t like.

I'm not good enough for describe it but there's something about the way they're written that really grates me. I think it's something about the combination of the pseudo-dialogue with the keyword heavy exposition. Like here:

I checked out those X-Men recs and at first glance they do seem better though, will give them a try!

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Lots of public libraries in the US have good omnibus/graphic novel collections too - make sure you check out your local one.

Also, https://snap.fan/ (and the other sites I'm sure) has an app that can track your Snap card collection. You can then go and see which Pool 3 cards you're still missing. I'm down to just 15 after playing since launch (October 18) and have probably only missed a handful of dailies. I've paid for the 3 season passes (real money), the Apocalypse bundle (too much real money) and the Sunspot bundle (gold). Just posting this in case anyone in a similar spot is wondering how long it'll take them to reach 100% pool 3.

The only "deck defining" one I'm still missing is Cerebro, but I'm also missing some important ones like Red Skull, both Thors, and Ultron.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

canyonero posted:

Lots of public libraries in the US have good omnibus/graphic novel collections too - make sure you check out your local one.

Also, https://snap.fan/ (and the other sites I'm sure) has an app that can track your Snap card collection. You can then go and see which Pool 3 cards you're still missing. I'm down to just 15 after playing since launch (October 18) and have probably only missed a handful of dailies. I've paid for the 3 season passes (real money), the Apocalypse bundle (too much real money) and the Sunspot bundle (gold). Just posting this in case anyone in a similar spot is wondering how long it'll take them to reach 100% pool 3.

The only "deck defining" one I'm still missing is Cerebro, but I'm also missing some important ones like Red Skull, both Thors, and Ultron.

The snap.fan app doesn't work with ios, at least last I checked.

I bought Mystique today, the last card I'll be able to buy for a good long while.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 6, 2023

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Think of it less like Magic and more like the cartoon version of Yu-Gi-Oh where you have to believe in the heart of the cards and sometimes weird poo poo works out because of shenanigans.
I have never seen it but thanks. Just doing my best to remember how things actually work.

What do I use gold for? I've been saving it up in case I can buy anything that matters with it, but it looks like it's just variants of cards I already have and credits. So should I just buy credits with it then? Or do cards I don't have sometimes show up that I can buy with it?

edit: Oh, answered in the OP.

quote:

Buying Credits with Gold is a waste of money, the maximum Credits you can purchase in a day is capped so you can't whale too hard and as you've seen with the Collection Level reward tracks above you actually get less for your dollar spent as you go higher, spending money on Gold to buy Credits is for the dumbest of whales only. Gold you get from the season pass is best spent rolling new extra daily missions as completing those also feeds back into more season pass experience.

Okay, I guess I'll do that then. I don't know if I want to play much more than I am though.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Kaddish posted:

I bought Mystique today, the last card I'll be able to buy for a good long while.

Yeah I play on my iPhone mostly, but load it up on Steam every now and then to sync the profile. I don't think there's one that's compatible with Macs either though.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

odiv posted:

I have never seen it but thanks. Just doing my best to remember how things actually work.

What do I use gold for? I've been saving it up in case I can buy anything that matters with it, but it looks like it's just variants of cards I already have and credits. So should I just buy credits with it then? Or do cards I don't have sometimes show up that I can buy with it?

edit: Oh, answered in the OP.

Okay, I guess I'll do that then. I don't know if I want to play much more than I am though.
That advice is kind of wrong. People who have played since december are holding their gold hoping new gold bundles come out (none datamined for this month). the best bundles are >>>>> anything else you can do whereas mission refreshing is barely barely better than just buying credits (its like... 3% better last I calculated). Its misleading to imply rerolling missions is some vastly better deal it is basically the same.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 6, 2023

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Kaddish posted:

You *can* do it manually if you care enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Weirdest game I ever had. I pulled mr negative from his hand:

Iron Man with mystique copying the power.