Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

could you get me one as well

technically, yes :p

it's a couple hundred bucks cheaper in the US which is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Mozi posted:

if only i didnt just spend $2,000 to pretend to be a racecar driver. next christmas maybe

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mozi posted:

How does it taste, being an iso extraction?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Why bother with the rosin press?

Dabbing solventless is almost always cleaner and softer when taking a hit. Rosin is smooth

Solvent extracts all kind of hit the same, which is to say, a little harsher than solventless. Shatter, Wax, Honey, Diamonds + sauce etc.

That being said I do love live resins for the terps. Harvesting before curing always has a lot of flavour which is nice

But yeah if you had a press you could get as much rosin from it that you could and then use the isopropyl vacuum pump machine to extract distillate of whatever's left after the press.

I have no idea if that's worth it or efficient or whatever tbh

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

How does it taste, being an iso extraction?

it's possible i need to dilute it more -_-;

let's just say i can't taste the iso

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Hmmmm.

If it comes down a bit in price I might consider one.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mozi posted:

it's possible i need to dilute it more -_-;

let's just say i can't taste the iso

drat are you gonna smoke it or like just eat it?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I live in the UK and a friend from the states brought over some vapes and gummies. I've found myself having a much, much nicer time with these than smoking. Unfortunately don't think there's any way I can order more - stories of people trying to import are a real mixed bag.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Calico Heart posted:

I live in the UK and a friend from the states brought over some vapes and gummies. I've found myself having a much, much nicer time with these than smoking. Unfortunately don't think there's any way I can order more - stories of people trying to import are a real mixed bag.

Didn't Heathrow stop turning people away with less than an ounce? I also believe that weed is now recreationally legal in NYC... fly out there, have a weekend, fly home with your bag stuffed*

*DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO RUSSIA

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ok well the brownies are in the oven. we had 7~ grams of bad hash we cooked up. feeling optimistic :)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
woof

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Vampire Panties posted:

I also believe that weed is now recreationally legal in NYC...

As a NYC resident, I can confirm

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Biplane posted:

Ok well the brownies are in the oven. we had 7~ grams of bad hash we cooked up. feeling optimistic :)

eat all of them and report back in 2h.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

if only i didnt just spend $2,000 to pretend to be a racecar driver. next christmas maybe

How's the bed treatin ya

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I'm trying to switch from flower to carts, but I dunno... They don't hit the same way and make me cough more. It's weird. Carts seem to go fast when I'm not looking, but I guess it's because I can hit it more often than I usually smoke.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waffle! posted:

I'm trying to switch from flower to carts, but I dunno... They don't hit the same way and make me cough more. It's weird. Carts seem to go fast when I'm not looking, but I guess it's because I can hit it more often than I usually smoke.

Carts are kinda garbage, even when they're not.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Carts are gonna gently caress up your flower tolerance, too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Carts: Not Even Once

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've heard they are sorta too convenient for their own good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've heard too many horror stories about how even "good" carts are made. Just rendering down a bunch of leaf and stems and shake, yuck

I do hope that capitalism can be good for one thing and drive creation of actual, ACTUAL good live resin carts not made with harsh distillates

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

I've heard they are sorta too convenient for their own good

yo if I could sum up the last 4-5 years of my life, this would be it. its simply too convenient and discrete. HOWEVER its 100% not as good a high, and the weed/process they use to make carts is utter trash.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Buy live resin carts if you're annoyed with trim/shake bottom shelf $20 carts.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Edibles are the real "too convenient" things. Especially if you find a place that has a good deal. It becomes really easy to eat them all day if they're only like 5 bucks a pack. That's literally cheaper than cigarettes!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Buy live resin carts if you're annoyed with trim/shake bottom shelf $20 carts.

I wish I could but live resin fucks up my lungs harsh and makes me wheeze. Apparently this is due to having childhood asthma.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

WampaLord posted:

I wish I could but live resin fucks up my lungs harsh and makes me wheeze. Apparently this is due to having childhood asthma.

Oof. That sucks.

I had childhood asthma until around 12. I've been a cigarette smoker for 25 years. Weed off/on from 15-24, then mostly daily until present.

My lungs are never happy with me.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I really like killing a dynavap oven every evening

Just the perfect amount of weed for me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm punching through wax/shatter I've had for a year to conserve flower tonight. I figure enough THC will have degraded into CBN in year old wax that I shouldn't have any trouble getting to sleep.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jestery posted:

I really like killing a dynavap oven every evening

Just the perfect amount of weed for me

Yep same

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I need to detox off the heavy poo poo and get back to good old flower

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Sunk Dunk posted:

I need to detox off the heavy poo poo and get back to good old flower

it helped a lot to cut dabs after I was cranking through grams entirely too fast vs. benefit / oh god my loving lungs are on fire (even at lower temps, fuckin baby lungs)

I think I'm gonna cut vape carts / disposables too. I really like some specific ones, but I gotta echo what others have said, I am one of those for which it just ain't as good of an experience, at least yet. It's a good as hell technology / concept and I wish it was just easier on my lungs

Flower though? I picked up one of the twisty dynavap stems to go with my fancy globe that's coming, and I'm already planning to hook my Arizer EQ to the second input port...

and that'll be fine.

e. I should clarify that vape technology is a good concept that needs drastically less waste holy poo poo

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 7, 2023

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
Someone's along for the ride

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Get a simrell FMJ.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Needs a warp pipe bong

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I made a little knock off FMJ that had about 2.5x the mass

It would bump the price up , but it was nice to have like a whole minute to take my drag

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

maxe posted:

Someone's along for the ride

I had a double take because your hands look exactly like mine.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

it's like 745 here and I'm already read to start smoking weed...and I just might.

I used up that live rosin cart I got, but I might crack it open and scoop out that last little drop...and drop it onto a bowl...get me a pseudo dab going.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Carts are good for getting high on your lunch break at work hth

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Really want to roll a joint but I have to go grocery shopping. Booo.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Again, I can get high in the middle of a Meijer w/ carts

Yeah the high is mediocre, yeah they absolutely can wreck your tolerance but you can also get high inside a Meijer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm going to walmart.

But at least it will be slow, foot traffic doesn't pick up until 9am~ there (mountain time).