Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

He's basically the Flash villain Mirror Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Colander Crotch posted:

Thread! We're all out of three panel memes!

After this panel, and the next panel, there's only one panel left!
colander crotch is rightyeah lets get some more panels

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is probably a Jojo episode.

quote:

Hanged Man is a Stand that attacks via reflections.

Rather than attacking a person directly, it will appear in a reflective surface and attack their reflection.[4] The person will then bear the results of the attack, seemingly from an invisible assailant.[4] Hanged Man can move through any type of reflecting surface, including human eyes, at the speed of light.[2]

Its weakness is that it can only move between reflective surfaces in a linear pattern and is forced to move to another reflection in front of it if its current location stops reflecting (a mirror being shattered or an eye closing). Hanged Man is vulnerable while in transit between surfaces, and while it does transit quickly, a quick-enough Stand can still hit it, damaging it and its User. This is helped by forcing Hanged Man into a predictable path of transit.[5]

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

wtf is a stand? like it's a piece of furniture that attacks things?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Wayne Knight posted:

wtf is a stand? like it's a piece of furniture that attacks things?

A stand is basically a person you can manifest to attack things

Though they aren’t always people, one was an elephant, another is a toy plane

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah, its like a physical ghost of psychic/magic powers a person has

And because they 『S T A N D』 behind the user they are called...
Yeah the guy who made JOJO thought english sounded cool so he called a lot of thing wierd english words

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The fun thing about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is that it's unspoilable. If you ever hear a JoJo spoiler, your brain goes "Well that's a bunch of fever dream nonsense! Time to throw it into the void." You won't remember it again, unless and until you actually read the manga or watch the show and get the proper context.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 6, 2023

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Watching doesn’t help either, it’s still a debate on what king Crimson even does

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pththya-lyi posted:

The fun thing about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is that it's unspoilable. If you ever hear a JoJo spoiler, your brain goes "Well that's a bunch of fever dream nonsense! Time to throw it into the void." You won't remember it again, unless and until you actually read the manga or watch the show and get the proper context.

lol

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
All I know about JoJo is what Stuart Wellington rambled on one episode of The Flop House

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Do you want me to show JoJo to the cat and have the cat tell you what it is?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Pretend i posted a picture of Stray Cat being shown dignity

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

It would be really weird to get beat up by the Be Sharps (and Moe)

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Golden Wind (part 5) is especially nonsense at times.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Hihohe posted:

Pretend i posted a picture of Stray Cat being shown dignity

https://frinkiac.com/mp4/S11E20/806160/808360.mp4?b64lines=

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Watching doesn’t help either, it’s still a debate on what king Crimson even does

King crimson skips past the cause but you still get the effect. So it doesn't have to punch you in order.for you to get punched.

:lmao:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

lol

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

loving hell

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

holy hsit

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

it took him ten years but Togashi figured it out and spent a whole chapter of HxH explaining it, with diagrams.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

JuiceOne posted:

Gotcha covered!

you make dreams come true

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 7, 2023

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Jack the Ripper hiding inside a stagecoach horse.
Aztec musclemen eating nazi vampires through their skin.
The president arranging a fake nationwide horse race to combine the mumified body parts of Jesus Christ.
Infectious dinosaurism.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

You say that like the nonsense isn't what they're here for.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:dudsmile:

lmao

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Astonishingly good

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Okay, so you know the Futurama episode Time Keeps On Slippin? It can set those off at will and gets to keep acting during them.

... except when it does something else, it's remarkably inconsistent.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zereth posted:

Okay, so you know the Futurama episode Time Keeps On Slippin? It can set those off at will and gets to keep acting during them.

... except when it does something else, it's remarkably inconsistent.

Was that from the original run or one of the reboot seasons I never bothered with?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Was that from the original run or one of the reboot seasons I never bothered with?
Original, I never bothered watching the reboots either. I believe it's the episode that starts with the harlem globetrotters arriving form their planet to challenge earth to basketball.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Zereth posted:

Original, I never bothered watching the reboots either. I believe it's the episode that starts with the harlem globetrotters arriving form their planet to challenge earth to basketball.

Oh yeah, that one. I only caught the back half when it was on TV.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

super sweet best pal posted:

Oh yeah, that one. I only caught the back half when it was on TV.

That episode is hilarious. Strong contender for best episode.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's basically the Gilligan's Island quick-cut gag weaponised from the sound of it.

Though more like it's basically a time-stop thing where the audience isn't privy to what actually happens during the time stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean it makes sense as the main villian of three parts and the hero of at least one part has time stop powers