Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
I bought Morcheeba - The Big Calm from Sanity
And Deltron 3030s first album

Good music :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What exactly does Mexican food in Oz taste like?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Inceltown posted:

There were still FIFTY Sanity stores in Australia

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1610435728886099968

Man that's great news for Brashs!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The most accessible "good" stuff is apparently on par with Chipotle. I had an amazing mole poblano once at a restaurant run by actual Mexican people but that restaurant is long since gone. Never found anything like it again.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Inceltown posted:

There were still FIFTY Sanity stores in Australia

https://twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1610435728886099968

This is what they get for not giving me a job in 2003.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

We basically only get Tex-Mex food here. I spent a few months in Mexico last year (2022) and was surprised at just how different everything was. For example, we don't have corn tortillas at all (you can sometimes find them, but they're specialty products aimed at coeliacs). There aren't many actual authentic Mexican restaurants around, there's a handful of Taco Bell outlets (have never eaten there either here or in the US so I can't tell you how it compares), and there's an upmarket chain called Guzman y Gomez that's kinda similar to Chipotle.

But yeah the average Australian will equate "Mexican" with the Old El Paso stuff in the post you quoted.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Hard corn taco shell with mince cooked in taco seasoning (use half the packet, it's too much!), shredded cheddar cheese, three pieces of tomato, some shredded lettuce and if you're feeling brave a dollop of sour cream and mild salsa.

Es moy authentico mate

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Man that's great news for Brashs!

lol

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
There's a pretty decent taqueria in my suburb, but there's a restaurant in Glebe which I found to be pretty drat good. I ordered a chicken mole dish, the owner came and had a chat cos it was his favourite and no one orders it, they just go with what they know. Nice guy, good food!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

There's a pretty decent taqueria in my suburb, but there's a restaurant in Glebe which I found to be pretty drat good. I ordered a chicken mole dish, the owner came and had a chat cos it was his favourite and no one orders it, they just go with what they know. Nice guy, good food!

Is that FFS or Baja? I should give it a try.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Baja

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

webmeister posted:

We basically only get Tex-Mex food here. I spent a few months in Mexico last year (2022) and was surprised at just how different everything was. For example, we don't have corn tortillas at all (you can sometimes find them, but they're specialty products aimed at coeliacs). There aren't many actual authentic Mexican restaurants around, there's a handful of Taco Bell outlets (have never eaten there either here or in the US so I can't tell you how it compares), and there's an upmarket chain called Guzman y Gomez that's kinda similar to Chipotle.

But yeah the average Australian will equate "Mexican" with the Old El Paso stuff in the post you quoted.

(TW: Mexican food, Australian culture)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6UG89CA9TA&t=37s

I felt so seen watching this. Both my parents are Poms, so somehow that seems to make it worse.

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

We have a good selection although not to the level of what you'd find in say California.

There's some Taco Bells around but they're really not that popular. Typically people go for Guzman Y Gomez or Zambreros (best comparison would be Chipotle in the US).

There are quite a few legit places run by Mexicans but they're typically one off restaurants not chains.

I'd say it's a pretty even split between corn and flour tortillas in most supermarkets.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Outrail posted:

Hard corn taco shell with mince cooked in taco seasoning (use half the packet, it's too much!), shredded cheddar cheese, three pieces of tomato, some shredded lettuce and if you're feeling brave a dollop of sour cream and mild salsa.

Es moy authentico mate

They changed the taco seasoning some time during the first lockdown and it tastes bad now

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Non Compos Mentis posted:

They changed the taco seasoning some time during the first lockdown and it tastes bad now

There is probably a big overlap of people who use packet taco seasoning and people who went full bore for covid being nothing who have now lost all sense of taste.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Inceltown posted:

There is probably a big overlap of people who use packet taco seasoning and people who went full bore for covid being nothing who have now lost all sense of taste.

Tasteless tasteless trash.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback
There's fuckin good mexican food in melb - Mamasita, Hotel Jesus, Fonda, some place in Collingwood that does bigass tortas & horchata that I can't remember the name of

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Inceltown posted:

I got covid after they started tasting bad

Maybe my tastes just changed

baaderbrains
Apr 30, 2007

safeguard the children

GrandMaster posted:

There's fuckin good mexican food in melb - Mamasita, Hotel Jesus, Fonda, some place in Collingwood that does bigass tortas & horchata that I can't remember the name of

Trippy taco for veg stuff as well and it’s either amazing or total dogshit, no in between, depending on what substances the backpackers in the kitchen are on at the time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
What's Cooking in the Kitchen?
In this paper, we explore the effects of common pharmaceutical products on productivity, food quality and the rate of violent incidents in a Bondi beach commercial kitchen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

baaderbrains posted:

Trippy taco for veg stuff as well and it’s either amazing or total dogshit, no in between, depending on what substances the backpackers in the kitchen are on at the time.

the tofu asada burrito i had from TT was unreal, one of the nicest things i've ever eaten

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
gently caress I bet you could strain a pretty good fence around that frame aye

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I remember getting off shift around midnight and being stoked that cleaners hadn't found all the copies of Mx on the train.

https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/1611123937894862848

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Looks like something from the Flintstones.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I miss MX. Like, somehow it was suprisingly decent. Kinda funny and a bit interesting and weird, something to read on the train on the way home that generally wouldn't annoy you.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

slept like a log

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Inceltown posted:

I remember getting off shift around midnight and being stoked that cleaners hadn't found all the copies of Mx on the train.

https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/1611123937894862848

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
can't park there mate

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Looks brand new, heartbreaking.

Who was driving? A cashed-up bogan or some white collar tool who 'decided to get into 4WDing' and jump the occasional curb to drop their kids off at tee ball?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sylvania Water TV show

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Is there a "built not bought" sticker?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That's got portals, not something you'd generally do as a "just got into 4wding" thing. Serious bit of kit there. :rip:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Outrail posted:

Looks brand new, heartbreaking.

Who was driving? A cashed-up bogan or some white collar tool who 'decided to get into 4WDing' and jump the occasional curb to drop their kids off at tee ball?

Going by the house behind it, the latter.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Nothing good to be found on the Frankston line.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

drunkill posted:

can't park there mate

Plate says EPIC-76

I bet it made a pretty loving epic noise when it rolled over lmao

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

baaderbrains
Apr 30, 2007

safeguard the children

alf_pogs posted:

the tofu asada burrito i had from TT was unreal, one of the nicest things i've ever eaten

conversely, I went there once just after they'd cleaned the deep fryers and the chips were loving disgusting, when normally they're the best part.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Reminds me of the womens weekly birthday cake book pool cake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I would eat the poo poo out of that