Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

No Wave posted:

That advice is kind of wrong. People who have played since december are holding their gold hoping new gold bundles come out (none datamined for this month). the best bundles are >>>>> anything else you can do whereas mission refreshing is barely barely better than just buying credits (its like... 3% better last I calculated). Its misleading to imply rerolling missions is some vastly better deal it is basically the same.

There are 2 advantages to spending gold on rerolling missions vs buying credits
1) You get season pass xp for completion. If you paid for the season pass, this can be huge since it gets you closer on those rewards. If you didn't it gets you closer to the dummy boxes which might contain gold or credits
2) You can reroll as many times as you want to spend gold on whereas you can only buy the 150 credits 3 times in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

No Wave posted:

That advice is kind of wrong. People who have played since december are holding their gold hoping new gold bundles come out (none datamined for this month). the best bundles are >>>>> anything else you can do whereas mission refreshing is barely barely better than just buying credits (its like... 3% better last I calculated). Its misleading to imply rerolling missions is some vastly better deal it is basically the same.

Yeah, EV of a season cache (converting gold rewards to credits) is 45 credits, and paying gold for new missions gives you 75 points out of 1000, which averages out to a little over 3 extra credits. So closer to 2% better.

edit:

RevKrule posted:

There are 2 advantages to spending gold on rerolling missions vs buying credits
1) You get season pass xp for completion. If you paid for the season pass, this can be huge since it gets you closer on those rewards. If you didn't it gets you closer to the dummy boxes which might contain gold or credits
2) You can reroll as many times as you want to spend gold on whereas you can only buy the 150 credits 3 times in a day.

There is a reroll limit of 3 per day but I believe you can "bank" up to 10 total over multiple days.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

RevKrule posted:

This is wrong, there definitely is a limit.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Huh, I guess I only rerolled a couple a day whereas I've been dumb and definitely bought all 3 from the store.

The other point still stands though.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
K. Bit late on this but updating my snap Cosmo play to any lane with Venom

Wong
Black panther
No reveal until end of game location
Venom

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Oh hey I pulled Mr. Negative I hear he's a real bad man.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Put Zabu in Agatha deck win 3 games. It's just that easy.

EDIT: never mind. cubes gone.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 6, 2023

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

K. Bit late on this but updating my snap Cosmo play to any lane with Venom

Wong
Black panther
No reveal until end of game location
Venom

Playing cosmo after they've venom'd the lane is a little late. Do you mean snapping after you've psychically cosmo'd the venom play? Because if I've played venom my follow up is taskmaster in one of the other lanes. (Plus maybe a large deadpool and a free sabertooth)

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Playing cosmo after they've venom'd the lane is a little late. Do you mean snapping after you've psychically cosmo'd the venom play? Because if I've played venom my follow up is taskmaster in one of the other lanes. (Plus maybe a large deadpool and a free sabertooth)

Arnim Zola is another friend of venom, cosmo can stop that at least.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

buffalo all day posted:

Arnim Zola is another friend of venom, cosmo can stop that at least.

Depends on the deck really. That could also be a taskmaster

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Push El Burrito posted:

Oh hey I pulled Mr. Negative I hear he's a real bad man.

He's not bad but he needs to be a critical centerpiece to your deck and you'll retreat a lot if you don't get him on 4 (earlier if you're cheating energy).

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

CitizenKeen posted:

I got the Strong Guy King of Hell variant and getting an awesome variant for a card that won't see play doesn't feel as empty as getting a pixel card, but boy, it's a weird feeling.

I've been playing a variation of this deck and it's not amazing, but kinda fun to get some use out of Strong Guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyIs-uctglQ

I don't have Darkhawk, so I've been slotting some other 4-drops in (Crossbones, Drax).
Also subbed out Goose and Mystique for Domino and Ghost Rider.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Anyone got any ideas or changes for this deck? I found it on the internet but I swapped out Wave for Magik. It loses to like Armin Zola or other high powered threats but that's usually telegraphed.

Iceman
Yondu
Psylocke
Electro
Sandman
Enchantress
Hobgoblin
Magik
Leader
Doom
Odin
American Chavez

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ego you piece of poo poo I snapped for you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Zabu is just not cool. Opponents snap on T2 over and over and its correct to do so because for the next 3 turns they have 29 energy and you have 15. This is gonna be rough once the better versions get popular.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

IllusionistTrixie posted:

Zola

An observation, probably because I dont have him, but there seems to be extremely little downside to playing Maximus now

Eh nvm its confirmation bias theres still discard decks out there that rely on drac

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

poe meater posted:

Anyone got any ideas or changes for this deck? I found it on the internet but I swapped out Wave for Magik. It loses to like Armin Zola or other high powered threats but that's usually telegraphed.

Iceman
Yondu
Psylocke
Electro
Sandman
Enchantress
Hobgoblin
Magik
Leader
Doom
Odin
American Chavez

Do you have Zola yourself? Panther/Zola/Odin is pretty good with Electro.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Someone talked about Venom / Zola / Death so I out together a variation of it using Taskmaster. It’s a lot of fun, I love destroy decks.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

TengenNewsEditor posted:

Do you have Zola yourself? Panther/Zola/Odin is pretty good with Electro.

I do have Zola but no Black Panther unfortunately.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

just got Death, anyone have any fun mostly-pool-3 destroy decks?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

This is my list from above. The taskmaster slot is one I’m not sold on, I’ve tried other stuff there.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Venom
# (3) Brood
# (3) Killmonger
# (5) Taskmaster
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZlbm9tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJyb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUYXNrbWFzdGVyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sandwolf posted:

Ooh, you get to have some fun!

Death and the Maiden

(1) The Hood
(1) Squirrel Girl
(1) Nova
(1) Yondu
(2) Bucky Barnes
(2) Carnage
(3) Debrii
(3) Killmonger
(3) Deathlok
(4) Moon Girl
(6) America Chavez
(9) Death

It's a Deathwave deck without Wave. Destroy 9 things, play Moon Girl, and play Death twice... or just play Death once with Ms. American Cheese in a pinch.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Replacements for Hood? Debrii? Sinister for the Debrii?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Sandwolf posted:

If you don't have Debrii, Mysterio also works, just not as well. Dunno for The Hood, maybe try Elektra to get the extra destroy value? Not sure anything quite replaces the demon, though.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

No Wave posted:

Zabu is just not cool. Opponents snap on T2 over and over and its correct to do so because for the next 3 turns they have 29 energy and you have 15. This is gonna be rough once the better versions get popular.

Not much of a problem for a long time because the most powerful decks run multiple pool 5 cards (Shuri and Absorb man) which like <0.1% of players have.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Bottom Liner posted:

Not much of a problem for a long time because the most powerful decks run multiple pool 5 cards (Shuri and Absorb man) which like <0.1% of players have.

Darkhawk is another killer. Absorb man is probably the pool 5 card I see the most. Really cool card.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Sandwolf posted:

Quackles posted:

If you don't have Debrii, Mysterio also works, just not as well. Dunno for The Hood, maybe try Elektra to get the extra destroy value? Not sure anything quite replaces the demon, though.

Yes, especially since you don't have the Moon Girl synergy where you get two copies of the Demon. Sabretooth is 0 cost when destroyed but feels rather awkward at the initial 3 energy cost, since you won't go T3 Sabretooth > T4 Moon Girl unless you have a location like Death's Domain or Vormir. Maybe consider Wolverine?

There's also Deadpool, but he's a pool 3 card that shines more in the aforementioned Big Venom/Taskmaster/Zola package.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 6, 2023

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Yeah, EV of a season cache (converting gold rewards to credits) is 45 credits, and paying gold for new missions gives you 75 points out of 1000, which averages out to a little over 3 extra credits. So closer to 2% better.

edit:

There is a reroll limit of 3 per day but I believe you can "bank" up to 10 total over multiple days.

Yeah, late to the discussion but the "spend gold only on mission rerolls" advice is from before they started releasing bundles you could buy with gold. Right now, rerolls are still good and might be worth it for you, but it's more of a question to think about than just "spend only on rerolls"

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

JackDarko posted:

Darkhawk is another killer. Absorb man is probably the pool 5 card I see the most. Really cool card.

I think Absorbing Man is Series 4, not that it makes much difference.

I’ve been stuck in the mid-60s for the past few days, my Negative Surfer deck is treading water. Currently contemplating going back to Sera Surfer. Right now I’ve actually been recouping my losses with a high variance Hela discard deck, but that doesn’t feel sustainable…

Shame I seem to be missing many of the Series 3 cards that work well with Zabu.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
only spend gold on top-tier variants that will make your opponents click the starry-eye emoji on your card

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I pulled off the dream. T2 psylocke, T3 mr negative, t4 zabu, t5 negative bishop and iron heart, t6 wong->negative mystique->negative surfer->absorbing man. I need a smoke.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mierenneuker posted:

Yes, especially since you don't have the Moon Girl synergy where you get two copies of the Demon. Sabretooth is 0 cost when destroyed but feels rather awkward at the initial 3 energy cost, since you won't go T3 Sabretooth > T4 Moon Girl unless you have a location like Death's Domain or Vormir. Maybe consider Wolverine?

There's also Deadpool, but he's a pool 3 card that shines more in the aforementioned Big Venom/Taskmaster/Zola package.

I'd like Taskmaster but don't have him. (or Deadpool, he would be nice too) So I'm running this slight hybrid of the above posted decks:

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (3) Venom
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Moon Girl
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTm92YSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZlbm9tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJuaW1ab2xhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcXVpcnJlbEdpcmwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYnJpaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9vbkdpcmwifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

No Wave posted:

Huh, I've been playing since mid November I think? I should probably have a better idea of what's going on.

I think I'll just hold on to the gold if the credits are a bad deal. I don't need any more missions, so I'll see if something else crops up. Thanks!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Thoughts on this weirdo Zabu-Cage deck? I was running pure Luke Cage beforehand and all I had to swap was Green Goblin at 3 and Leader at 6 (who wasn't even really a dedicated add). Deck plays weird, it's good to have separation of concerns if Luke gets busted by Rogue or Enchantress, but wondering if there's a way to squeeze a bit better performance out of it. I used to run Black Widow but took her out for giving my opponents free plays when Morag was featured.

E: Swapped in Korg for Iceman, I think that fits a bit better

Zodack fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 6, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

edgar_ posted:

only spend gold on top-tier variants that will make your opponents click the starry-eye emoji on your card

This, but seriously.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

Quackles posted:

This, but seriously.

I would like to be clear that I am being 100% serious. Just got the venom title belt card today with the last of my gold 😎

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It p much bankrupted me on gold but I had to get the House of X Prof X. It’s beautiful..

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

flatluigi posted:

i've seen a few brews of a 'discard your whole hand' strong guy deck

me, i have three black bolt variants

I'm a little behind, but I have a simple Strong Guy deck that only relies on Blade for discard. It's basically a Kazoo deck with a lot of low cost cards.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

edgar_ posted:

I consistently get emojis on my Psylocke variant. Only that one card!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Saw Ego, snapped, my misty knight got placed on space throne, quicksilver in another lane for my opponent, second play would have been a surfer for me with no 3 on the board, so looks like I'm hosed.

Opponent retreats. I get two cubes and manage to complete the "win location with only 1 card" objective.

Thanks Ego!

If you see him and don't insta-snap, why are you even playing.