Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

links awakening switch is incredible. perfect game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

American McGay posted:

It’s worse than the original in every single way. 8/10

i mean its basically the same as replaying the original :ironicat:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

An Actual Princess posted:

links awakening switch is incredible. perfect game.

it would be perfect without the frame drops but sure

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The Switch Link’s Awakening has an absolute banger OST. That Tal Tal Heights rendition is primo stuff.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

This is my favorite thing to come out of the Link’s Awakening remake.

https://youtu.be/4GJecciUrW4

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Ragequit posted:

The Switch Link’s Awakening has an absolute banger OST. That Tal Tal Heights rendition is primo stuff.

try listening to it at 1.25x speed on Youtube!

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

man nurse posted:

This is my favorite thing to come out of the Link’s Awakening remake.

https://youtu.be/4GJecciUrW4

hahahahaha, its now mine too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ragequit posted:

I like what they did to Face Shrine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRa9SNyHBJk

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mr.Acula posted:

it would be perfect without the frame drops but sure

i didn't care, because I'm normal.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

switch LA was p fun

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the human eye cannot see above 20 fps

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
They should port Bloodborne to the Switch before any other platforms just to spite all the people who complain about the PS4 version being at 30 fps

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

An Actual Princess posted:

i didn't care, because I'm normal.

Sure you are. I didnt "care" either but it detracts from being "perfect" because im pretty sure perfect games dont have performance issues

e: i really dont care what fps a game has as long as its stable

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It's extremely embarrassing how badly the LA remake runs, but it's also absolutely gorgeous with an incredible soundtrack update so it's better overall

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Item Getter posted:

They should port Bloodborne to the Switch before any other platforms just to spite all the people who complain about the PS4 version being at 30 fps

I would enjoy this even if it had the 2 minute black loading screens from launch

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

When people talk about link's awakening being literally unplayable they mean that the fps goes from 60 to 45 when changing screens

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

overall it was fine but every now and again, there would be a big hitch while running around the overworked. it's a small blemish on a great game

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Hades: still the game of the decade

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

incredible soundtrack update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD_dL3sZYBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgyG0GBMZkI

:confused:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

American McGay posted:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Link's Awakening was the first Switch game I finished and I enjoyed it a lot, frame drops and all

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American McGay posted:

Miles better on inventory management and controls

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I never played the original since I couldn’t afford a gameboy as I was 1 years old when the game came out but I really enjoyed switch LA. I’m glad I got to play it

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

They should have added weapon durability.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Original LA was my favorite gameboy game before pokemon came out.

It has this bug where if you press select on a screen transition it will teleport Link to the same location but one map tile over. So like you could skip getting the bracelet to pick up the rocks blocking the way to the right of the village. As a kid it was so fun trying to figure out where I could go with that and how much I could sequence break. Plus the wonky story and characters, it has so much charm compared with lttp's more serious tone even if I do replay lttp more.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

AlphaKeny1 posted:

It has this bug where if you press select on a screen transition it will teleport Link to the same location but one map tile over. So like you could skip getting the bracelet to pick up the rocks blocking the way to the right of the village. As a kid it was so fun trying to figure out where I could go with that and how much I could sequence break..

Did They fixed that in the DX version? I never found that glitch. I should play the original version and go nuts with this

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Scuba Trooper posted:

new years sale. i got links awakening. it better be cute and fun or i swear to god

it rocks and the soundtrack is killin

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

did people end up liking Cruis'n' Blast?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

flavor.flv posted:

When people talk about link's awakening being literally unplayable they mean that the fps goes from 60 to 45 when changing screens

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

did people end up liking Cruis'n' Blast?

It's an over the top fun arcade racer. Don't go into it expecting any kind of realism whatsoever.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Mario's Awakening

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Nintendo Switch - I want to turn into a wolf and gently caress!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

As a kid I softlocked myself in Link's Awakening in the water temple.
There's a 2x1 platform you can just barely reach with Pegasus Boots and Roc's Feather but because it's on the edge of the screen, you can't jump back.

If you do this before getting the flippers, you're hosed.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

EvilJoven posted:

Nintendo Switch - I want to turn into a wolf and gently caress!

Jeff G. rules!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Speaking of Zelda I couldn't bring myself to finish Twilight Princess because the art was so bad and the game took itself way too seriously.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

It's an over the top fun arcade racer. Don't go into it expecting any kind of realism whatsoever.

yeah I know it's totally insane, is it pretty replayable? Addictive?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

yeah I know it's totally insane, is it pretty replayable? Addictive?

Personally it wasn't very repayable or addictive, but I was still glad I played it and enjoyed my time with it.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

EvilJoven posted:

Speaking of Zelda I couldn't bring myself to finish Twilight Princess because the art was so bad and the game took itself way too seriously.

I'm waiting for my Steam Deck to arrive to finish it, but yeah it just feels like it's taking itself way more seriously than a Zelda game should.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

BisterdDave posted:

Personally it wasn't very repayable or addictive, but I was still glad I played it and enjoyed my time with it.

got it, good to know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Solid thread title, probably an 8/10. Wouldn't want to read it again though

I restored my file in Siralim Ultimate! Game kicks rear end on deck and on switch, though it's taking me longer to resolve conflicts so I think I need to get smarter about my build or just try something different entirely. I'm around floor 50ish or 60ish I think, 10 hours in or so? I'm mostly focused on raw attack power, splash damage, going multiple times of turn, burn, bleed, etc. It was very effective up to this point but now enemies are getting craftier with their traits and spells

So many progression systems, this game is dragon warrior monsters on crack