Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nah, that dudes in sugerey i believe. the dead dude is the PA state house and its a power sharing thing(moderate dem from my county is speaker) until elections next month.

think they mean this guy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_McEachin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
So if mccarthy gets voted in with those concessions and passes the updated rules, but then gets voted out, would those rules he passed stay in effect?

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

the rat fandom posted:

So if mccarthy gets voted in with those concessions and passes the updated rules, but then gets voted out, would those rules he passed stay in effect?

The new Speaker would make a new rules package I believe

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Watch the dems win speaker because for whatever reason the rupubs have some people not make the vote.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

the rat fandom posted:

Yep lmao

It'll hamstring the next speaker until they change the rules

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The new Speaker would make a new rules package I believe

The rules are set at the beginning of the term, but they can be changed because one of the rules is how you change the rules. So it's not that a new speaker means new rules.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Random Stranger posted:

The rules are set at the beginning of the term, but they can be changed because one of the rules is how you change the rules. So it's not that a new speaker means new rules.

Ah, thanks!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Appreciating the Schitt's Creek reunion on this page

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lol unflippable my rear end. Peer pressure does a lot of work on those with no spine

These same people love to quote Sun Tzu and talk about the Art of war as a practical manual for business and politics etc etc, but one of the most fundamental basic statements in that book is that you should only pick fights when you know you can win.

A smart person wouldn't even have been in that position because they'd realize there's no getting past the inevitable perio

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Waltzing Along posted:

Watch the dems win speaker because for whatever reason the rupubs have some people not make the vote.

Doesn’t work like that sadly

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That really makes me question the veracity of Snopes tbh

The only source for the 'debunking' is the terrorist's wife, who says he did not tase his balls. As if any chudwife is going to go "yes my idiot terrorist husband tased himself in the balls until his bacon-wrapped heart exploded" no matter how true it is (which it definitely is)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Toxic Mental posted:

Doesn’t work like that sadly

I thought if people didn't vote, the threshold came down. What am I missing?

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

So in that case it sounds like mccarthy is going to pass their rules and then theyre going to give him the boot right after they pass and hes actually dumb enough to enable this

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

Create an investigative committee to probe the “weaponization” of the federal government

"weaponization of the federal government" = "government doing literally anything at all"

quote:

Restore the Holman rule which can be used to reduce the salary of government officials

Do they not realize they're government officials...? Oh gently caress it, they're probably making plenty enough money from oil companies/hostile nations/dark money/other groups invested in helping conservatives destroy the country

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

the rat fandom posted:

So in that case it sounds like mccarthy is going to pass their rules and then theyre going to give him the boot right after they pass and hes actually dumb enough to enable this

Lol, yeh, lmao

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

the rat fandom posted:

I hate to be a downer but I think we're getting a little giddy. Sounds more like all the chuds got what they wanted. McCarthy gets speaker, the fringe crazies get all the appointments they want and quiet down because they got their demands and their handlers told them they're making the right look bad, conservatives/fascists unite as a coalition to hamstring the government, and everyone will forget this infighting clusterfuck (enjoyable as it was) ever happened by Monday.

Would at least be a little funnier if we had a media that wasn't overwhelmingly right-wing that would hold accountable the people who said they'd never back down or resign if McCarthy was speaker.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Awarding medals to those who protected and defended democracy on January 6th

he should give one to rachel maddow....kinda like how trump gave one to Limbaugh

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Bullshit. Snopes couldn’t find enough evidence to prove it. They didn’t disprove it.

So did it actually happen? Yes, yes, it did. It is like how we all know the piss tape is real.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

like the piss tape and Andrew Tate getting arrested because of the pizza box, Balls Tazeman is true in my heart

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!

mdxi posted:

"Schlapp slaps schlepper's schlong"

:perfect:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
someone will have footage of it but they're scared to upload because they know the feds will use it to track them down

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

https://youtu.be/D7tLJ7LuR88

Lol

Edit I'm not editing it out out of shame but recommend not clicking. hosed in the rear end by the algorithm, o wild with introduction by Chuck tingle

Oscar Wild fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 7, 2023

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Hazo posted:

Do they not realize they're government officials...? Oh gently caress it, they're probably making plenty enough money from oil companies/hostile nations/dark money/other groups invested in helping conservatives destroy the country
This is actually explicitly referring to all government officials that aren't Congresspeople. They literally can't change a Congressperson's salary during the same term that they were elected for because of the 27th Amendment.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

I think you meant this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtRSal1Zaas

EDIT: WTF is even that video you posted

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol my man is a big hero wars fan

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

"It's ice!!!"

Wait, so you have onion-colored and onion-shaped ice at the... Stop The Steal rally? What?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Their failure to understand what is happening is like watching someone drive their car into a wall repeatedly for a couple of years straight. It's astonishing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Hazo posted:

I hate to be a downer but I think we're getting a little giddy. Sounds more like all the chuds got what they wanted. McCarthy gets speaker, the fringe crazies get all the appointments they want and quiet down because they got their demands and their handlers told them they're making the right look bad, conservatives/fascists unite as a coalition to hamstring the government, and everyone will forget this infighting clusterfuck (enjoyable as it was) ever happened by Monday.

Would at least be a little funnier if we had a media that wasn't overwhelmingly right-wing that would hold accountable the people who said they'd never back down or resign if McCarthy was speaker.

If McCarthy gets his Speakership he won’t serve a full term. Any of the other dinguses on the chart of people who went 9 votes or more lasted just months.

He’s already a dead man walking, and he probably retires instead of running for re-election in 2024. This is not how he imagined his career going.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Hazo posted:

You left out the part where the house GOP holds the country hostage over the debt limit, tanks the economy by forcing a protracted government shutdown, and Biden and the democrats somehow get blamed for it.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
McCarthy doesn't want those concessions in place, and neither do the Dems, so why don't the Dems offer to give McCarthy the votes he needs in exchange for just not having to go with those concessions from the fringe group? Seems like a win-win. It's not like Jeffries is going to pull through somehow.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Toxic Mental posted:

"It's ice!!!"

Wait, so you have onion-colored and onion-shaped ice at the... Stop The Steal rally? What?

This raises some very important questions about that day. First and foremost did she bring an onion with her on the day specifically to fake getting maced with OR did she just happen to find an onion on the day and improvised?

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Happy Jan 6 thread :) I feel like a festive celebration is in order. it has sound too

https://i.imgur.com/4XAwsQZ.mp4

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Devils Affricate posted:

McCarthy doesn't want those concessions in place, and neither do the Dems, so why don't the Dems offer to give McCarthy the votes he needs in exchange for just not having to go with those concessions from the fringe group? Seems like a win-win. It's not like Jeffries is going to pull through somehow.

McCarthy is giving nothing to the Dems and they have no reason to help him out on anything. This is part of why he’s so bad at this.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Krolm posted:

Happy Jan 6 thread :) I feel like a festive celebration is in order. it has sound too

https://i.imgur.com/4XAwsQZ.mp4

Goddamn I so want to make a Pw account and post this :lol:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Nice

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Remember that woman who carried the don't tread on me flag.

And got trampled to death.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trampled by antifa plants

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

goatface posted:

This isn't the Elon thread.

Concerning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This raises some very important questions about that day. First and foremost did she bring an onion with her on the day specifically to fake getting maced with OR did she just happen to find an onion on the day and improvised?

The important thing was that she had an onion on her belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.