Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

One of McCarthy's supporters who was flying in is in DC but not yet in the capitol. They might have to go to a 15th vote to get his vote in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Steve Kornacki is overheating infront of his whiteboard. TOO MANY PERMUTATIONS

Caros
May 14, 2008

coelomate posted:

3 more votes McCarthy needs good news from (2 presents would do it, assuming everything else lines up):

Gaetz
Good
Rosendale

Update on Buck, who is an absent McCarthy supporter: he's on the way back: reporting he is not yet in the building. He can vote at the end if he gets there... soon.

Come on gaetz, it's only 14. You can still gently caress it.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Rigel posted:

One of McCarthy's supporters who was flying in is in DC but not yet in the capitol. They might have to go to a 15th vote to get his vote in.

If he's on his way, I want the Dems to motion to adjourn until Monday. Make them vote to keep it open.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

coelomate posted:

Update on Buck, who is an absent McCarthy supporter: he's on the way back: reporting he is not yet in the building. He can vote at the end if he gets there... soon.

Is Hunt back?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Gaetz: no voice vote, will vote end, DRAMA

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Hunt got to the building a few minutes ago

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Did they lock Gaetz in the closet?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Gatez is such a loving attention whore and coward.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Of course Gaetz is a loving coward

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Gaetz being a drama queen? Never!

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Gaetz wants to be a loving drama llama apparently.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Good: Jordan (CHAOS REIGNS)

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

And Gosar doesn't vote?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Is Gaetz no vote the same as present?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

We're down to:

Gaetz (voting at end or not voting at all; skipped first chance to vote)

and

Rosendale [a billion votes away]

McCarthy wins if:

(a) BOTH vote present
(b) Either swaps to McCarthy

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

ok, well its down to the last votes, no margin of error now, Buck still has to show up and vote yes, and then gaetz and Rosendale both have to vote present.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Youth Decay posted:

Is Gaetz no vote the same as present?

I suppose if he doesn't vote when re-rollcalled at the end, it would have the same impact as a "present" vote.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Seriously, did Gosar vote? I didn't hear him say anything and I thought the clerk moved on.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Gaetz is there but not voting, Dems are pointing that out but they can't make him vote (see the JQA diary entry I posted earlier ITT)

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Seriously, did Gosar vote? I didn't hear him say anything and I thought the clerk moved on.

no response from Gosar

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Haschel Cedricson posted:

A bunch of them don't vote in the initial roll and get caught in the check at the end, could be that. I don't think any serious watchers are questioning Gosar's presence or vote this time around.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

It would be funny if Gosar didn't vote just to step on Gaetz's moment at the end.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

coelomate posted:

A bunch of them don't vote in the initial roll and get caught in the check at the end, could be that. I don't think any serious watchers are questioning Gosar's presence or vote this time around.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1611567106549481481
hmm

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

oooh I would very much like to be wrong about surprise drama.

Didn't Gosar flip to McCarthy this morning? Would be a really fast flip back

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Why were they all clapping? Did someone flip?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The applause after Jeffries Jeffries Jeffries was to be expected but the gentle chortling wasn't

e:

FCKGW posted:

Why were they all clapping? Did someone flip?

It was because Jeffries voted for himself. Hence Jeffries Jeffries Jeffries

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

coelomate posted:

If Gaetz tells Gosar that under the new rules, the non-white members' votes will count, that might be enough to make Gosar cast a protest vote

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

coelomate posted:

If Gaetz tells Gosar that under the new rules, the non-white members' votes will count, that might be enough to make Gosar cast a protest vote

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1611568566372810753

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

If Rosendale votes for a not-Kevin does it fail?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gaetz waiting to be the last vote to blow it all up is very lol, please do it for the comedy Matt

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gosar looks sick. Did he just leave?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the concessions McCarthy made to the mega chuds was that any one Congress person can initiate a no confidence vote on the speaker right? I'm not sure I worded that right. So does that mean that someone from the opposing party can do that too? Or is it only for the party in the majority?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Rosendale: BIGGS

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS CHAOS

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

lol. lmao

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

It may mean Gaetz has to vote McCarthy to get him the win, not just be "present"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That’s it, then, right? We’re going to round 15 unless Gaetz votes for Kevin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

ummm.....

Thats a problem, yall. Gaetz has to outright vote for McCarthy now. Present is not good enough,