Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Haha. How Gaetz has to vote for Kevin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I just fist pumped and shouted YEAH at the top of my lungs

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Come on Gaetz. I'm sure you can get a middle school House page program if you hold out for a 15th vote.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Never bet against chaos.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Note that (at least in some circumstances?) even members who already voted can still change their vote -

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1611571244758974464

So Boebert is an outside chance for pulling it back to poor 'ol Kevin

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

coelomate posted:

It may mean Gaetz has to vote McCarthy to get him the win, not just be "present"

Well that or Boebart gets the keys of the castle while Gatez get put in a box somewhere.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Lord this is such a poo poo show.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Amy Poehler back there looking pissed.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Chaos does go both ways:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1611571805633875970

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

:lol: These NYTimes reports from the House...

quote:

At one point, Garret Graves of Lousiana appeared to be on his knees in the chamber as he and Patrick McHenry spoke with Matt Gaetz.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
CNN crew is punchy and has bad puns.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
Whenever they decide to settle on a speaker, isn't the rules package the next fight? McCarthy made all these concessions to the nutjob caucus, the moderates will balk, right? I know most are true believers, but at least some know "a vote for us to kill social security us a bad idea."

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Isn't Matt Gaetz the guy involved in sex trafficking? how on earth is he the key vote

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Since votes can swap, McCarthy's stooges are working the holdouts that have already voted against him in this round too, so it's literally still wide open and also almost done and also Matt Gaetz decides everyone's fate SURE WHY NOT

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Somebody who can read lips is checking out that conversation Gaetz is having, right?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Meatball posted:

Whenever they decide to settle on a speaker, isn't the rules package the next fight? McCarthy made all these concessions to the nutjob caucus, the moderates will balk, right? I know most are true believers, but at least some know "a vote for us to kill social security us a bad idea."

Very possible.

surf rock posted:

Isn't Matt Gaetz the guy involved in sex trafficking? how on earth is he the key vote

We live in hell.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

surf rock posted:

The American government is one enormous facade.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Is Buck in the chamber?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1611572766540529664

Almost done with roll 1, we'll wrap the 2nd round for non-voters....

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Youth Decay posted:

Is Buck in the chamber?

Yes

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Meatball posted:

The HFC rules vote could fail really quickly and a normal house rules package would pass with 400 votes. Then again, why would Democrats bail out McCarthy when nothing really needs to get done for months.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Buck - McCarthy - expected, was just late

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Gaetz: present

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well poo poo

To 15 we go

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

present isnt good enough! (I dont think? Someone check my math)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did Buck flip to steal Gaetz’s moment?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
That's the ball game

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
PRESENT

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Silly Burrito posted:

Well poo poo

To 15 we go

It COULD still seal up for McCarthy, with a weird change or missing D or something. I don't think it's dooooone.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

I AM GRANDO posted:

Did Buck flip to steal Gaetz’s moment?

No, Buck was always for McC, he was just out of town and so late

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

CHAOS REIGNS

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

:chaostrump: NEVER EVER EVER VOTE AGAINST CHAOS! :chaostrump:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

No, the math checks out, this is not enough, Someone has to switch their vote, or this is yet another failure

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Oil! posted:

The HFC rules vote could fail really quickly and a normal house rules package would pass with 400 votes. Then again, why would Democrats bail out McCarthy when nothing really needs to get done for months.

If the HFC package fails, what makes you think they will not move to vacate the chair?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Go for 15 Bebe!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I bet Gatez was dumb enough to think that voting present was all he needed to do.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Make him dance

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

McCarthy talking to Gaetz on the floor right now. It's over in seconds I assume, but... not exactly over... and very, very funny.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I guess we watch for anyone going to the well at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

FIST FIGHT