Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
Yea, Gaetz flipped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rigel posted:

McCarthy is switching his vote to adjourn to vote to no. McCarthy has flipped someone.

Gaetz walked up to him, Kevin got super excited and immediately changed his vote.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Raenir Salazar posted:

THE NAYS HAVE IT!? WTF IS HAPPENING!?

Gaetz flipped since McCarthy switched it immediately after talking to Gaetz

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Rosalind posted:

Kevin McCarthy's Final Fantasy Fourteen

Heed me, Kevin

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
For a glorious moment it was 217-217 and it was perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Hey, enjoy this thread title for an hour or so, maybe, we will probably need a new thread title once this extremely stupid day is finally done, so start thinking about it now.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Gaetz was talking to McCarthy right before McCarthy sprinted off to change the votes to Nay.

Gaetz flipped

Watch him vote present again.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Rigel posted:

McCarthy is switching his vote to adjourn to vote to no. McCarthy has flipped someone.

Or Gaetz said he is flipping but he'll change it at the last minute.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So not adjourned? Lol I'm not even tired yet let this royal rumble continue

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

dems should switch to aye to delay their deal through the weekend

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rigel posted:

Hey, enjoy this thread title for an hour or so, maybe, we will probably need a new thread title once this extremely stupid day is finally done, so start thinking about it now.

15th time's the charm

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The rules around timing to stop voting seem really lax. The numbers are flipping all over the place, it was tied 217-217 and now it's changed to 205 N - 229 Y several minutes after the timer hit zero.

edit: Yea dropping like a stone

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope Gaetz told him he changed his vote and does it again

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Rigel posted:

US House Speaker Election TVIV: This is the vote that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friends

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Caros posted:

Gaetz walked up to him, Kevin got super excited and immediately changed his vote.

Lucy couldn't possibly pull the football away from Charlie Brown this time, right?

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
THE NAYS KEEP GOING UP

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
CSPAN showed Gaetz talking to McCarthy and he immediately signaled to vote not to adjourn.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Gaetz setting up to hold the football for McCarthy one last time?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Gaetz has the possibility to do one of the funniest things ever like the 2nd ship captain to follow the Evergiven after it became unstuck did

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Caros posted:

Wait wait wait, but what if, this is Lucy yanking the football AGAIN!? :pray:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Oh Jesus, do we have to wait while all the Rs run to the well to change their vote?

Caros
May 14, 2008

It really annoys me that Congress doesn't know how loving timers work.

The timer ran out, you don't get a redo you fuckers.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

Solvency posted:

CSPAN showed Gaetz talking to McCarthy and he immediately signaled to vote not to adjourn.

He practically ran to the podium with his red card.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1611580914143739907

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tecnocrat posted:

Looked like Rogers was calling Gaetz an rear end in a top hat and trying to get in his face.

I am very much enjoying Republicans having to reap what they sowed in allowing stupid assholes like Gaetz to get into office, and even keep that office. It won't last forever, but it's funny as hell right now.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Rigel posted:

Gaetz goes all in on 15

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
"Kevin's stuck in our craw, can't elect, can't move to adjourn"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Rigel posted:

US House TVIV: Watch me (Whip/nay nay)

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

:perfect:

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jaxalemany/status/1611582130097725442?s=46&t=ZEHvzEYno6oDhJjEB_Ajyw

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

https://twitter.com/Al_Drago/status/1611580635969118209?s=20&t=sbPmrP7nZCn3oERJVYEMEQ

fire in the disco
fire in the gaetz of hell

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Boy if I'm an R rn I'm thinking very hard about what else I want from Kevin

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

ok, so it (probably) took this house 15 ballots to elect a speaker. Where does this rank? We know this is the dumbest house speaker vote in modern US history, but how would this vote rank in all-time old-timey US history?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Hopefully Gaetz takes things seriously, and uses his vote to publicly declare "CHAOS"

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

A strong contender emerges

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Its his (16th) turn

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Rs, we're not adjourning now, you can stop flipping votes, we won't hold it against you

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Rigel posted:

ok, so it (probably) took this house 15 ballots to elect a speaker. Where does this rank? We know this is the dumbest house speaker vote in modern US history, but how would this vote rank in all-time old-timey US history?

Top 5, I think. There’s a really stupid outlier sitting at #1, no danger of taking that record :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gaetz is shooting the poo poo with Crenshaw

He flipped. Wonder what he got