Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
You all keep joking about Gaetz` pedophilia and I just wanted to say keep doing it gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If Boebert does vote present, then I'll just assume its over. I won't wait for Gaetz weird drama rear end to declare his allegiance.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Crazy that 100 years of legislative power getting centralized into leadership dashed in a week by one dude who wants a big desk.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I bet this lady is getting smashed after this to unwind.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
As a non-American, I'm sorry your system is so hosed up that an extremely small minority can hold the entire House hostage. With that out of the way, :laffo::laffo::laffo:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Exactly two years ago, I was up at this exact hour watching Congress. The mood on this day is significantly better than it was back then.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

YggiDee posted:

As a non-American, I'm sorry your system is so hosed up that an extremely small minority can hold the entire House hostage. With that out of the way, :laffo::laffo::laffo:

It's only possible because the margins are so close and the last ~40 years completely jettisoned even the remotest possibility of cross-aisle voting on this sort of thing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/Brentus88/status/1611579705899253761?s=20&t=_IZPbWigQ-muX5n59sz2_w

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Present

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

I need to learn how to do this properly because I tried to share it too and got a block message. lol

She's great.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You all keep joking about Gaetz` pedophilia and I just wanted to say keep doing it gently caress him.

You're too old for that.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Rigel posted:

If Boebert does vote present, then I'll just assume its over. I won't wait for Gaetz weird drama rear end to declare his allegiance.

Bobo voted present.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Looks like everyone has folded now. Biggs and Boebert said present, it's game over.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Yeah, I've seen enough

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

16th time's the charm, as they say

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We had a good run.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

The Hakeeeeeeeeeem Jeffries joke is EVEN FUNNIER the fifteenth time!!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’s the 16th vote, of course Gaetz is interested in this one.

Caros
May 14, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

Looks like everyone has folded now. Biggs and Boebert said present, it's game over.

Fun while it lasted.

Would have been nice to hit 133. But 15 votes to elect a speaker in ttyol 2023 is a loving embarrassment.

Now the real question is how long it takes before they no confidence him and we have to do this again.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

What happens if Gaetz votes Jefferies

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I don't think Gaetz can ruin this if he tried now. Even him voting for another person should still mean McCarthy wins.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Caros posted:

Fun while it lasted.

Would have been nice to hit 133. But 15 votes to elect a speaker in ttyol 2023 is a loving embarrassment.

Now the real question is how long it takes before they no confidence him and we have to do this again.

Just imagine the actual legislating that will be done in the House if it takes this long to pick a leader.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Gros Tarla posted:

What happens if Gaetz votes Jefferies

Time will collapse upon itself due to such a paradox occurring

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If McCarthy wins this one change the thread title to "15 is fine for Matt Gaetz"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Just imagine the actual legislating that will be done in the House if it takes this long to pick a leader.

This implies that Republicans are actually interested in legislating.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm gonna need to make sure I'm not on any jobs with government contracts when the next shutdown happens. It could run for months.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Caros posted:

Fun while it lasted.

15 minutes after the rules are gaveled into place.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Caros posted:

They still have to pass the Rules package with all of the concessions.

Which is a moonshot for it to fail, but...

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Not having a little C-SPAN popout in the corner of my screen is going to feel weird

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

well gently caress, it was historic, yall. Now we'll settle in for seeing whether the GOP house plunges us into national default or not, and an irritating torrent about some very important national congressional investigations over the massive size of Hunter Biden's surprisingly prodigious cock.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There's a chance that the vote on the rules package will go to hell though. We ain't done yet. (Or maybe we are?)

Who the gently caress knows

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rigel posted:

well gently caress, it was historic, yall. Now we'll settle in for seeing whether the GOP house plunges us into national default or not, and an irritating torrent about some very important national congressional investigations over the massive size of Hunter Biden's surprisingly prodigious cock.

I hope they print a giant photo of it on poster board and display it on the house floor.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Well he didn't do poo poo.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

delfin posted:

They still have to pass the Rules package with all of the concessions.

Which is a moonshot for it to fail, but...

There are a lot of people against the rules concessions on McCarthy's side that might want to gig the HFC.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Did they grind the holdouts to finally go present?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

The chaos was fun while it lasted, hopefully voting on rules gets us a proper fight

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

What does voting present mean here?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

yeah, ok that is now official, the rebels have surrendered. The only way McCarthy loses is if a fresh new backstabber suddenly emerges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

smoobles posted:

What does voting present mean here?

ignore them in the total vote count