Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611278978802937856?s=20
From TL, they're advertising that they'll be selling Suletta's room wear, but a nice new illustration.
E: Miorine too
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611294001339981824?s=20

Hellbore fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

can someone explain the Suletta is a Tanuki meme?

huge ballsack

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611248905601314818?s=20

Due to Covid stuff, the release of episode 12 on some Japanese streaming services will be delayed. The television airing will go as usual, and presumably the Crunchyroll upload as well, considering that this is an exclusively Japanese tweet.

I have had to spend the past few months living with the looming spectre of some twisted delivery of "Happy Birthday" coming on my actual birthday this Sunday from this show, they better loving deliver on it. :colbert:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I can tell an episode is coming because my anxiety is rising.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/rengemenge/status/1610851060192534528?s=20&t=QiEnArcCbaR37XmjeR6AVw

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well poo poo. Be careful on twitter or facebook because apparently some screenshots of the episode have leaked along with an (alleged) magazine article recapping what happens.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Once again anxious for tonight, will stay up for the episode.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Has anything more been said if the international release is gonna be delayed along with the JP streaming?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They would have said by now if it were, so likely no.

The reason for the delay in Japanese streaming seems to be that the streaming services had a slightly earlier deadline to turn in the masters than the network did.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Once again anxious for tonight, will stay up for the episode.

I'm extremely anxious because we still don't know if G-Witch will be delayed on Crunchyroll.

I might have to spend all tomorrow off the internet and then watch the final ep before work Monday.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am eagerly anticipating the inevitable tragedy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If it does end up being delayed for international release imma break something.

https://twitter.com/Jeyeahi/status/1611922893444902912?s=20&t=lvT2JslQGb-tkYV_yzoiqg

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 8, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Good news, the simulcast is going ahead.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNYp3viGgU&feature=youtu.be

This is for the gundaminfo stream so it's not for North America but we can bet that the CR stream should be fine as well.

Now the question is do I stay up until it airs or do I try to catch a few winks first...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611950826116849664
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611965928152907778
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611981155271581698
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1611988700769951745

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

Good news, the simulcast is going ahead.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NuNYp3viGgU&feature=youtu.be

This is for the gundaminfo stream so it's not for North America but we can bet that the CR stream should be fine as well.

Now the question is do I stay up until it airs or do I try to catch a few winks first...

Im very tempted especially because I'm up late ending an inventory shift but I don't want to sleep straight through the day and wake up right before tomorrow's shift.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Episode 12: It had to be Gundam, after all... Guel's suffering intensifies.
And, uh, the after-credits scene. Well, is that what we were leading to with tomatoes...?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I forgot Crunchyroll South America releases shows like 5 hours later than the US gently caress

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

There is a post-credits scene and it's important.

How the gently caress am I supposed to wait a whole cour for this???

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

That was a pretty great season finale. There's a sense of tension all throughout the episode because you've got no clue how the dice will fall for the characters. drat, poor Bob needs a hug so bad. :smith:

The after-credits scene gave me the chills. We've seen Prospera's gaslighting and manipulation of Suletta all throughout the season and it all finally came to a head in the most horrifying way possible. Suletta was very much traumatized upon seeing a dead person for the first time, and the way Prospera twists her saying to make Suletta think it's okay to kill people is just wrong on so many levels, goddamn.

The wait for the 2nd cour is gonna be so rough. I just wanna see what happens next!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Suletta: I wasn't able to save everyone with just the power of friendship, so instead I decided to use the power of friendship AND incredible violence.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Suletta Slap-etta

Bright Noa has got some competition.

Well, poo poo. That ended sooner than I expected it to and went in some ways I anticipated and others I did... not.

Fuuuuucking hell this is gonna be a long wait until April.

The Llfriths use the older Permet Score system (though it CAN bypass Antidote countermeasures if it's pushed far enough) and Sophie does refer to Suletta and Aerial as "big sister." I know she's become kinda clingy and unhinged around the Aerial but I'm convinced there's a bigger link now. Also Sophie can push Permet Score 4 and almost die, but not quite.

Also Masami motherfucking Obari contributed to this episode.
https://twitter.com/G1_BARI/status/1612003996482547712?s=20&t=2N1Hw3RRtgHeLmeJwK5ntQ

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 8, 2023

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Wow. This show went from zero to Gundam real quick

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

cheesetriangles posted:

Wow. This show went from zero to Gundam real quick

Shatner voice: "My friends, we've come home."

Also, https://g-witch.net/mobile-suit/17/ if you use the machine translation, they've updated the Japanese page for the Llfrith Ur. It is derived from the mass production Llfriths, the ones that got delivered before the prologue, and specifically calls the prologue the Vanadis Incident as a result.

so that settles that, prologue is 21 years ago and Suletta is some Manchurian Candidate Bioshock trigger word SOMETHING.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 8, 2023

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh man. I will try and put some words together after I sleep.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Well, holy poo poo I was not expecting that after credit's scene. And god drat Bob is going to need, like, a few hundred hugs.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Holy moly goddamn lmao

words fail me, I'm off to bed

G witch is real good

Edit: Prospera just referred to Suletta as that girl (あの子), there is absolutely no way she is her daughter lol

Azran fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 8, 2023

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
They grow up so fast...

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Mikazuki would be proud of that slap.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I am glad their relationship problems were solved last episode :) or this would be awkward!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah gently caress

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Sakurazuka posted:

Ah gently caress

Can't believe you've done this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Like, this is gonna have to start up right where that scene left off or shortly afterward, right? You can't just end it there and not have Suletta's immediate reaction to being called a murderer. I wonder if she'll snap out of her happy face fugue state.

Something tells me that next cour Delling will remain indisposed and Miorine will be thrust into the role of figurehead for the Benerit Group, causing the other companies to redouble their efforts to seize control. And Prospera will just whisper into Suletta's ear and turn her into the company executioner.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I feel like a timeskip of a few days is still possible with the events still fresh on everyone's minds but long enough for people to wash the blood off at least.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well that sure was a way to end a cour and demonstrate this is, in fact, a Gundam series... :suspense:

I'm still pretty drat sure Suletta's artificial now after that, because that was a pretty hard switch from "I'm terrified, oh no, I might have to kill people... :ohdear:", To eagerly delivering a slap Bright would be proud of. You'd expect her to do it as a last resort, or shoot with the rifle or G-Bit after trying to get them to stand down. Not that :stonk:. Something in Prospera's little hand-strokes feels important, reaffirming conditioning, or new hypnotic/conditional programming of some kind, because it's like Suletta's gone full Mikazuki on a dime.

The Aerial's also changed with her; Before she was mostly piloting the suit conventionally, as A Mobile Suit. Now, she's clearly more integrated into it and getting recon information from the G-Bits (I'm pretty certain they're not letting us see her screens so you assume that's what's giving her info, when there's actually nothing on them. She's getting that info directly linked into her head as a part of the whole Aerial Gundam). There's also a new open question with the Aerial; The beam's not for combat? Then what the gently caress is that thing for? Because that's a bit much for Permet mining, I'd have thought.

Azran posted:

Holy moly goddamn lmao

words fail me, I'm off to bed

G witch is real good

Edit: Prospera just referred to Suletta as that girl (あの子), there is absolutely no way she is her daughter lol

She also have a very specific, and clearly faked, "Mom Voice" she uses for controlling Suletta compared to how she talks to the one person bullshit probably won't work on (Belmeria).

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Okay, I'm definitely thinking now that after all the Utena stuff, what G-witch actually is is a spiritual sequel to Planetes. I'm intensely reminded of (Planetes) Hachimaki's confrontation with Hakim near the end, and the theme there of Hachimaki's idea that in order to keep moving forward, you have to become someone, some animal who can kill and feel about as much emotion about it as "swatting a fly".

Fangz fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 8, 2023

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Both Setsuna's and Mikazuki's backstory very much show that in Gundam you don't have to be a robot to be a ruthless killer, no reason for Suletta not be human when Prospera had her while life to brainwash her

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Guel fell victim to one of the classic blunders. Should've watched Zeta

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im sure Suletta could have talked down the guy that was in essentially a suicide mission since he had no means to return as he went from a low ready gun position to a ready position about to shoot the guy that he already said was going to shoot.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 8, 2023

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I really don't think some random aside comment from Prospera proves some Suletta != Eri thing. It merely shows that Prospera is alienated from Suletta in a strong sense. The explanation for that doesn't have be mechanical (metaphorically or literally), if anything it makes the most sense for it to be emotional. Specifically, the way that Miorine sees Suletta kill someone with a smile calls back to Elnora seeing Eri kill people with a smile. If Elnora started seeing Eri as something of a monster and not really her child after that, it would mirror (and eventually contrast) the very likely upcoming rift between Miorine and Suletta over the Splat incident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
lol i was definitely expecting suletta to have to kill to save miorine but not to have it be that weird. surely suletta should at least be freaking out too about killing someone rather than "i'm so clumsy haha"

lmao at how vim died

the show has been teasing suletta != eri so hard that whatever answer we get isn't just going to be "oh her age is weird due to cryogenics" or the other fairly mundane ways people have speculated for suletta = eri to make sense. if they do anything like that there still has to be more to the story to make it an interesting reveal.

lih fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jan 8, 2023