Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Just rest and recharge, comrade!!! The lawn will be there when you are back in your feet :)

I got the front done and felt light headed so I decided to wait til tomorrow to finish. Now I'm drinkin a gatorade and watching cricket. Covid sucks.

a neat cape posted:

thank you all for the ideas.

I am gonna have fun with this

My brother in food, have you made birria or a guiness stew because I have recipes for both that usually take like 4 hours in a low, low oven so they'd probably translate well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

Cooking for 4, using different salad bowls than spaghetti bowls, glasses, two pots, strainer, pan for garlic bread. At least the meatballs were pre-made.

I wrap as many things that go in the oven with foil as I can. Like nuggets, breads, chicken, roast veg, whatever pan/ sheet I’m using is getting wrapped up

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm always cleaning as I go. Pretty much my first part of prep is to run a sink of hot water for dishes. Nothing worse than eating a big delicious meal and then having to clean up for half an hour.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah my kitchen is tiny, which sucks, but it also absolutely forces us to wash as we go. It also obviously helps that we're cooking for 2 usually, but not as much as you might think, there's not many recipes where scaling down to 2 servings means using fewer pots & pans and stuff.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ve gotten Braks’ some All-Clad and she was surprised but she liked it. I also got her a Twinkly Christmas tree for her birthday because she’s wanted one for years and she gave me a bit of the side eye. So buyer beware.

The All-Clad was for Valentine's Day.

I have to admit I was very surprised to get a Christmas tree for my birthday in July when my birthday is September. Pardon me, I'm sure.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Silly Burrito doesn't apparently need an Instant Pot because his goose is already cooked

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All Clad is top notch, I have several of their pots and pans and they're fantastic. I got an actually-durable nonstick all-clad frying pan with lid for my birthday last year and I was really happy!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

McCarthy: weak, incapable of sealing the deal, get you a Speaker who can handle his business

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

I have to admit I was very surprised to get a Christmas tree for my birthday in July when my birthday is September. Pardon me, I'm sure.

I'm full of surprises babe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, apparently they might've gotten speaker done on the 14th vote.

Of course, they now don't have the votes for the rules package, so lol

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Braksgirl posted:

Smart guy. I whiffed on my wife's birthday in August; came down to the wire and had nothing so I made reservations at the cooking school she had always wanted to try. Didn't cost me a dime (then), she loved it.

Then I had to squeeze a New Orleans eating + shopping trip into a Christmas budget. Whole lotta family got poo poo from Ollie's this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Oh, apparently they might've gotten speaker done on the 14th vote.

Of course, they now don't have the votes for the rules package, so lol

https://twitter.com/KristiLeighTV/status/1611578357325639681

:shrug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was wrong, they needed one more to swap.

Now they're trying to adjourn.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

I was wrong, they needed one more to swap.

Now they're trying to adjourn.

https://twitter.com/cabot_phillips/status/1611575316966776833

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
To be fair who amongst us hasn't wanted to punch out Matt Gaetz, for wrong and right reasons?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao

https://twitter.com/al_drago/status/1611580635969118209?s=46&t=AcmNoaIYbyevn5s-RUvs1Q

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I wonder if he's going to blackball her for having him saved as DT instead of President Trump

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
nothing like C-SPAN on a friday night

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

DT will always stand for delerium tremens to me and it's an apt discriptor I suppose.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Going to a 15th vote. Maybe the final one?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Going to a 15th vote. Maybe the final one?

Gaetz and McCarthy shared a chat after the last one, and McCarthy walked away smiling so maybe.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Samadhi posted:

Silly Burrito doesn't apparently need an Instant Pot because his goose is already cooked

:lmao:

Qwijib0 posted:

Gaetz and McCarthy shared a chat after the last one, and McCarthy walked away smiling so maybe.

The losing interest after 16 joke is coming true

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Want that Run the Jewels video to become real

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abugadu posted:

Want that Run the Jewels video to become real

Dear god this, though I think that was faux-UN. But still.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once made Japanese curry with stew meat in an instant pot and it took me about half an hour to make. The stew meat was perfectly tender.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
McCarthy finally wins after try 15.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Intruder posted:

I wonder if he's going to blackball her for having him saved as DT instead of President Trump

Pretty common to have famous people in your phone as abbreviations or pseudonyms to avoid as much of a mess of your poo poo leaks.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The Big Jesus posted:

Pretty common to have famous people in your phone as abbreviations or pseudonyms to avoid as much of a mess of your poo poo leaks.
Or be a certified genius like Margorie the Gathering and have Donald Trump's number named Donald Trump so she can show off that she has Donald Trump's number please pay attention to her!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a neat cape posted:

I got an instant pot for Christmas.

Give me some weeknight instant pot things I can do because I really need to stop going out to eat

Gotta stay on-brand here…

If you get the air fryer lid you can do this.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

OK BJ

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup McCarthy has won, the last few holdouts voted "present" which drops the threshold so he won 216-212. Apparently he had to make "concessions" just to get that far, whatever that actually means.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

Yup McCarthy has won, the last few holdouts voted "present" which drops the threshold so he won 216-212. Apparently he had to make "concessions" just to get that far, whatever that actually means.

The holdouts were asking for the ability to declare a no confidence vote with a single congress person wanting it, so that could be a lot of fun over the next two years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

To be fair who amongst us hasn't wanted to punch out Matt Gaetz, for wrong and right reasons?

I seriously wonder about the morals of someone that wants to punch out Matt Gaetz for the wrong reasons.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I seriously wonder about the morals of someone that wants to punch out Matt Gaetz for the wrong reasons.

Hes too far left my tastes if that helps.

jk

or am I?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I've never been much of Star Trek person but I'm really enjoying Lower Decks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Gaetz apparently got a gavel on a house armed services committee SUBcommittee.

Rogers is the chair of that whole committee.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 7, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I've never been much of Star Trek person but I'm really enjoying Lower Decks.

It's a good show! Still, DS9 supremacy.

FizFashizzle posted:

Rodgers is the chair of that whole committee.

He should be getting ready for the Lions, damnit :argh:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Leperflesh posted:

All Clad is top notch, I have several of their pots and pans and they're fantastic. I got an actually-durable nonstick all-clad frying pan with lid for my birthday last year and I was really happy!

I've recently bought a couple of Legend brand items (non-stick frying pan, large stainless cooking pan) and they're really solid. But yeah All-Clad is the gold standard as far as I can tell.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

LLCoolJD posted:

I've recently bought a couple of Legend brand items (non-stick frying pan, large stainless cooking pan) and they're really solid. But yeah All-Clad is the gold standard as far as I can tell.

I have friends that work at MadeIn. Their cookware and cutlery is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

You say "cooking makes too many dirty dishes", I hear "I haven't heard the good news of our lord and savior, Bosch dishwashers"
A lot of dishes I use don't fit in the dishwasher, and more importantly I don't trust that my Bosch will get everything off so there's a lot of pre-dishwasher soaking and scraping. I have no evidence for the last bit.