Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Shh his time is very valuable. He doesn’t have time to answer your question.
I do have time actually, since I’m not sitting on the hood of my car smoking a Parliament just in case I need to go get a pack of cigarettes.

Yes I am having a stroke. I wont lie I slept in my car last night and it got up to about 145° for a few hours because of where I parked. Superchargers are everywhere so I can make up for getting married so young. HIPA violation much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

SLOSifl posted:

Okay “lol” back and it absolutely is exactly identical to a personal diver. Maybe not a “chauffeur”. If a 6 year old can get me and my 6 year old son to the store and to my buddy’s house and back then who needs a $17k chauffeur? Fancy French speakers i guess?

Oh I love turning the window crank and pushing on pedals to drive. How jealous are you?

Concerning

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Chrpno posted:

What do you do, pat the Tesla on the roof and say "off you go little fella, see you at 4"??

That's Elon's promise of things "coming soon", though I'm not sure how it finds its way back to you after its cameras are covered in the blood of a dozen kindergarteners.

Offler
Mar 27, 2010
If you press enter a couple of times this looks like beatnik poetry.

SLOSifl posted:

I do have time actually, since I’m not sitting on the hood of my car
smoking a Parliament just in case I need to go get a pack of cigarettes.

Yes I am having a stroke.
I wont lie I slept in my car last night and it got up to about 145° for a few hours because of where I parked.
Superchargers are everywhere so I can make up for getting married so young.
HIPA violation much?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

SLOSifl posted:

I do have time actually, since I’m not sitting on the hood of my car smoking a Parliament just in case I need to go get a pack of cigarettes.

Yes I am having a stroke. I wont lie I slept in my car last night and it got up to about 145° for a few hours because of where I parked. Superchargers are everywhere so I can make up for getting married so young. HIPA violation much?

That first paragraph has strong dont be a clown on the clown car vibes

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

SLOSifl posted:

I like to think of the $15k cost of FSD as paying a driver for 24/7 service.

It's good to dream but self-driving cars right now are at least 20 years away from this level of capability. At least. Stop trying to pretend like FSD has this level of capability before you get somebody killed

edit:

SLOSifl posted:

For that reason $15k is a very good deal for me. I don’t really go anywhere so a lot of that driver time is waiting - at worst I save $2k in driver wages and don’t have to pay taxes on that income either. So that’s $4k minus taxes minus the $2k right there. I have a medical condition that makes me react weird to alcohol so it is also much safer if I have to go somewhere.

Jesus loving christ please do not get behind the wheel of a car after drinking alcohol

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jan 7, 2023

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"I have a condition that makes alcohol act weird with me!"

I'm on medication that makes alcohol act weird with me, so I don't drink! You know that's an option, right?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Offler posted:

If you press enter a couple of times this looks like beatnik poetry.
(indigenous rattle)

Tes
La

Menu
Men
You

Glove. Compartment.

Love.

Compartment. Divorce?

Enforce. Love. Menu. Tes. You.

edit: gently caress, I’m sorry. This isn’t real and I’m a little surprised people think I was actually supporting Tesla here. I guess yeah, who knows anymore.

SLOSifl fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 7, 2023

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Musk doesn’t say that he woke up because he doesn’t want to say he is woke.

Fake edit: It’s cool and good that people are starting to realize what a shitlord he is.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
what on earth

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The woke air bag supply companies

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I have that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk.

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

I have a condition where liquor and bong rips make it difficult ro drive so Im opting for the tesla service

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I fear the Woke Mind Virus is ravaging this very thread.

Concerning.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is “kinda homo-creepy” too long for a userid

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Tiny Timbs posted:

Dunno what kind of pants you have to buy not to fit a modern phone. Cheek huggers I guess

Half of the world begs to disagree. :thunkher:

I always prioritize pockets in my pants and my phones STILL stick out of them even when I use the back pockets.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SLOSifl posted:

I like to think of the $15k cost of FSD as paying a driver for 24/7 service. If you drive a legacy vehicle, you are essentially your own personal driver. My time is quite valuable so I would have to pay myself about $17k to drive myself around and be available at my every whim. Keep in mind that as a personal driver you can’t just decide to go get lunch anytime, in case you need a ride somewhere. You’re always on the clock. 17k isn’t enough to survive on and you’re looking at a second job at minimum.

For that reason $15k is a very good deal for me. I don’t really go anywhere so a lot of that driver time is waiting - at worst I save $2k in driver wages and don’t have to pay taxes on that income either. So that’s $4k minus taxes minus the $2k right there. I have a medical condition that makes me react weird to alcohol so it is also much safer if I have to go somewhere.

Just a quick note: The speed limit is the fastest you can go, so maybe don’t complain about it. I get to pick up my kids on my Fridays from their preschool and the limit is 55mph because it’s an unmarked pavement that doesn’t fall within a residential boundary and joins directly to a “official state or national highway or leader road within 500 feet of the primary highway and is not designated as an evacuation route”. So legally it’s 55mph. Modern FSD will absolutely get you there pretty much no matter what’s been going on with work, and safely.

Omfg stfu you psycopath

Tesla owners have loving brain damage

Big loving lol at "I dont go anywhere so 15k is a steal!"

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jan 7, 2023

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

SLOSifl posted:

I actually posted like this once when I was on Ambien.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
He's just putting the crack in the parliament, like you're supposed to

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

SLOSifl posted:

edit: gently caress, I’m sorry. This isn’t real and I’m a little surprised people think I was actually supporting Tesla here. I guess yeah, who knows anymore.

i'm almost about to ask if you're ok lol. nw musk fans are above parody

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

rotinaj posted:

Other companies are leaps and bounds ahead of tesla because they are using intelligent systems with radar and lidar and sonar and laser and blazer and all sorts of azers, and i still don’t want one

Elon insisted on cameras only, and has shot himself directly in the foot

:lol:

Thats the solution right there. You just vaporize obstacles (children, dogs, other cars, etc.) with lasers before you can crash into them.

On topic: In a nutshell, this would be a stupid idea, but when you consider Elmo and the whole Tesla ecosystem, idk.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SLOSifl posted:

Okay “lol” back and it absolutely is exactly identical to a personal diver. Maybe not a “chauffeur”. If a 6 year old can get me and my 6 year old son to the store and to my buddy’s house and back then who needs a $17k chauffeur? Fancy French speakers i guess?

Oh I love turning the window crank and pushing on pedals to drive. How jealous are you?

The difference is that you have to pay your chauffeur a bit extra on the side to murder your kids.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Gadzuko posted:

Actual self driving does exist, Waymo has self driving taxis where you just sit in the back and let it take you where you're going. But they only operate in very limited well-mapped areas, have far more comprehensive sensors than Tesla and always have a car lurking somewhere nearby with a driver in it who will come rescue you if the car gets stuck. That's about as far as we are going to get for the foreseeable future.

Interesting. I'd never heard of them because I don't live anywhere close the two cities they operate in. Not sure how it's functionally any different than an Uber though. Yeah, I don't have to share car space with somebody that wants to chat my ear off on the way to the airport, but on the other hand, I think I'd feel safer with a real driver. Ideally, if FSD were a perfected technology (which, lmao), you'd want it to be in a car you own.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

When you think about it, the Simpsons predicted Musk with the monorail guy in that he goes town to town selling a transit system no-one wants or needs and then disappears before the consequences catch up to him.

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

i feel like i’m hopped up on goofballs reading this thread at night

lifetime supply of Pocky fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 7, 2023

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

CuwiKhons posted:

Interesting. I'd never heard of them because I don't live anywhere close the two cities they operate in. Not sure how it's functionally any different than an Uber though. Yeah, I don't have to share car space with somebody that wants to chat my ear off on the way to the airport, but on the other hand, I think I'd feel safer with a real driver. Ideally, if FSD were a perfected technology (which, lmao), you'd want it to be in a car you own.

It basically is a driverless Uber. I would think some women might prefer them because there is no possibility of creeps creeping.

I've taken them a bunch around Chandler, AZ because I happen to live in the little bubble they operate in. I enjoy riding in them, but I'm a massive introvert.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Actual self driving does exist, Waymo has self driving taxis where you just sit in the back and let it take you where you're going. But they only operate in very limited well-mapped areas, have far more comprehensive sensors than Tesla and always have a car lurking somewhere nearby with a driver in it who will come rescue you if the car gets stuck. That's about as far as we are going to get for the foreseeable future.

Well what they could do next is put these cars on their own road, or track if you like, then join them together kinda, but the front one would have a driver in it, then you could have various pickup points or "stations" along the way

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

PneumonicBook posted:

He's just putting the crack in the parliament, like you're supposed to
But enough about Boris Johnson....

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Chrpno posted:

Well what they could do next is put these cars on their own road, or track if you like, then join them together kinda, but the front one would have a driver in it, then you could have various pickup points or "stations" along the way

See if this connected convoy of cars is on a track, you don't even need a driver. Then a self driving,let's call it train, could totally work

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
What if someone barfs in the Waymo

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

What if someone barfs in the Waymo

I assume they have a barf boy whose job it is to remove the barf.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I assume they have a barf boy whose job it is to remove the barf.

yeah after five years they give me a brush

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I heard that Elon Musk has a weird hatred for barf boys so the Tesla factories are just covered in barf 24/7 despite it being a major safety hazard.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chrpno posted:

Is there a good way to keep poor people out of it?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

See if this connected convoy of cars is on a track, you don't even need a driver. Then a self driving,let's call it train, could totally work

nonono, never use THAT word. What we are looking for is more BlueSky, "AlphaRail" would be an excellent first pitch, but I need 500 variations to consider on my desk by monday

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

steinrokkan posted:

The difference is that you have to pay your chauffeur a bit extra on the side to murder your kids.
Just lol if your chauffeur isn't loyal enough to do your dirty work for free. This is how I weed out the nuveau riche at the club.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, I know there was a lot to unpack in crazy post, but how did no one comment on the assertion that drivers need to be available at all hours, not even getting lunch breaks. Also their worth is estimated at a measly 17k and they'll need a second job during their no off time

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Renreeja posted:

nonono, never use THAT word. What we are looking for is more BlueSky, "AlphaRail" would be an excellent first pitch, but I need 500 variations to consider on my desk by monday

Sorry, no, this "train" thing has been done by our competitors and they've got a standard. To stand out we gotta be different; three rails with wheels on every one, so you're gonna need to design a train with a center wheel too, and it's gotta be battery powered charging off a Tesla station at every stop.

Overhead power? And use our competitor's electricity? That's stupid, you're stupid. And fired. Get out.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sorry, no, this "train" thing has been done by our competitors and they've got a standard. To stand out we gotta be different; three rails with wheels on every one, so you're gonna need to design a train with a center wheel too, and it's gotta be battery powered charging off a Tesla station at every stop.

Overhead power? And use our competitor's electricity? That's stupid, you're stupid. And fired. Get out.
What if we made the tracks the exact width of a Tesla and I was about to go more into this deliberately stupid idea until I realised my shitpost was reinventing the hyperloop from first principles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Camera only FSD makes a lot more sense when it's used for a single lane tunnel that has white lines at the edge of the road. At that point build another subway though