Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

EvilJoven posted:

Speaking of Zelda I couldn't bring myself to finish Twilight Princess because the art was so bad and the game took itself way too seriously.

its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

hatty posted:

Did They fixed that in the DX version? I never found that glitch. I should play the original version and go nuts with this

idk how accurate it is but this wiki says that it depends on the cartridge. But it's such a cool glitch it really opens up the game in a whole different way, it's super fun.

https://zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Glitches_in_Link%27s_Awakening

Another cool thing about LA is combining weapons like pegasus boots and feather, or arrows and bombs. Afaik they never did that again which is such a huge shame.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Another cool thing about LA is combining weapons like pegasus boots and feather, or arrows and bombs. Afaik they never did that again which is such a huge shame.

Twilight Princess has bomb arrows and what I can only call a sniper scope for your bow. It's been a while, but I think the Oracle games do pegasus boots + roc's feather, though they are the same engine as Link's Awakening so it only sort of counts.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
I don't know if I even have it now, but I tried to replay TP years ago, and I got stuck in one of the wolf mode fights because one of the enemies was just... not there. Couldn't find it to kill it with the others so I couldn't progress. Think I gave up.

Anyway stuck as a wolf so gonna do the needful

But not, you know... in a furry way

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
noo no

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i haven't played twilight princess yet but it seems cool

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it's got a cool mood and midna is a top tier character but it's otherwise insanely boring

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

flavor.flv posted:

When people talk about link's awakening being literally unplayable they mean that the fps goes from 60 to 45 when changing screens

Which the game boy game did too! It’s authentic!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Bomb Arrows were a neat idea in Link's Awakening, I just wish there was a point.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Nintendo, why?
A battle royale Picross? Are you out of your minds? You're gonna tank the world's GDP again!
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/picross-x-picbits-vs-uzboross-switch/

Awww, it's 5x5 only, I hoped for a 15x15 marathon mode.
There are various game modes at least.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 7, 2023

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Tafferling posted:

Nintendo, why?
A battle royale Picross? Are you out of your minds? You're gonna tank the world's GDP again!
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/picross-x-picbits-vs-uzboross-switch/

Awww, it's 5x5 only, I hoped for a 15x15 marathon mode.
There are various game modes at least.

The game is very much about completing puzzles as quickly as possible while the rules get mixed up in increasingly bonkers way. Small grids don't really hold it back, and large puzzles would be frankly absusive with some of the rulesets that get chucked in.

It has a demo that is worth checking out. It really is quite different from your usual Picross.

Edit: I've played a modest amount of it, and thought I'd seen a pretty good variety of different rules. And then I dropped into a multi-player session, and *holy poo poo* it was wild. That plus the time pressure mean that it can be surprisingly challenging, even with 5x5 grids.

magimix fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 7, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Twilight princess has some dungeons that are completely linear, which some people hate, but I actually love those dungeons, they remind me of tombs in tomb raider, for a while you are kind of just playing a different kind of adventure game

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

magimix posted:

The game is very much about completing puzzles as quickly as possible while the rules get mixed up in increasingly bonkers way. Small grids don't really hold it back, and large puzzles would be frankly absusive with some of the rulesets that get chucked in.

It has a demo that is worth checking out. It really is quite different from your usual Picross.

Edit: I've played a modest amount of it, and thought I'd seen a pretty good variety of different rules. And then I dropped into a multi-player session, and *holy poo poo* it was wild. That plus the time pressure mean that it can be surprisingly challenging, even with 5x5 grids.

I struggle with just basic Picross poo poo but that sounds genuinely rad as hell and Im glad its a thing

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah, Picross X is more like Warioware Picross. Don’t let the 5x5 boards fool you, it gets ridiculously intense. It’s a very different experience than the chill puzzle solving of the normal picross games, but I definitely recommend people check it out, I’ve been really enjoying it.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I tought it was a battle royale due to all the bunnies running around the top of the screen, it seems that multiplayer is coop only. Bummer...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

did people end up liking Cruis'n' Blast?

If you liked games like the old cruisin USA or San Francisco rush games, you’ll probably like it. It’s great for bite sized play sessions.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If you liked games like the old cruisin USA or San Francisco rush games, you’ll probably like it. It’s great for bite sized play sessions.

I don’t have a lot of experience with those but I am nostalgic for that area in general. I might have to pick it up!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I played Cruis’n’ Blast at a Dave and Busters and that seems like the perfect environment for it

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stux posted:

its good

Stux is correct

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Twilight princess was ok but I can never forgive it for making the decision to not allow you to collect rupee chests if your wallet was full

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Mr Snips posted:

Twilight princess was ok but I can never forgive it for making the decision to not allow you to collect rupee chests if your wallet was full

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Bravely Default 2: do I save or vendor items that are tagged "collectable resource" ?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
What’s the threads views in Wonderful 101 remaster? I had it for the wiiu but could never get into it due to the mandatory use of the pad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Looper posted:

it's got a cool mood and midna is a top tier character but it's otherwise insanely boring

incorrect

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

FlapYoJacks posted:

What’s the threads views in Wonderful 101 remaster? I had it for the wiiu but could never get into it due to the mandatory use of the pad.

It runs OK but the pad was mandatory for a reason

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bleck posted:

Bomb Arrows were a neat idea in Link's Awakening, I just wish there was a point.

the point was causing mass death of everything on screen

as soon as you had upgraded to 60/60 arrows/bombs you basically had a machine grenade cannon with infinite ammunition

I killed myself so often with my own bomb arrows, it's ludicrous.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm1QQZWhgWk

S-tier cheese, i'm hype

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Twilight princess has some dungeons that are completely linear, which some people hate, but I actually love those dungeons, they remind me of tombs in tomb raider, for a while you are kind of just playing a different kind of adventure game

The Boss Keys video on that dungeon pointed out something really wild, nearly every dungeon has you clear the right wing first, then the left, then the center. But the dungeons are interesting enough you can play the whole game without realizing you're hitting the central room 3 times in the same fashion every time. I can see why people are disappointed by the linearity but they're still good dungeons, just in a different style.

FlapYoJacks posted:

So, funny thing about that. You can use the right thumbstick to do the gamepad drawing and never touch the gamepad itself. This transforms the game controls into something like a fighting game combo system. Tap the thumbstick for a sword, circle for a fist, etc. This is never mentioned in game, ever. The part of the game where you will actually miss the gamepad is a handful of sequences where they had you controlling the characters in a sealed off room, and you saw the results of your actions outside that room on the separate gamepad screen. But the port has a picture-in-picture option so, not bad.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I’m going to play twilight princess soon, so I can have a proper opinion, what’s the best version 2 play

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

I’m going to play twilight princess soon, so I can have a proper opinion, what’s the best version 2 play

The Wii U version lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this game called Beast Breaker is pretty fun. sort of a breakout/pinball type of thing with a dash of rpg crap. i don't know how long it will hold your attention but it's 50% off for another 10 hours

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's pinball more than breakout since you don't keep hitting an object back and forth. sorry for saying breakout. i'm scared to compare it to peggle because it's not like Peggle. It's not peglin. i apologize really bad. What's the next game you're going to play?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Hey, serious question here, please do not take offense

Are you generating your posts with an ai?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

An Actual Princess posted:

anything but the wii version tbh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

xedo posted:

The Boss Keys video on that dungeon pointed out something really wild, nearly every dungeon has you clear the right wing first, then the left, then the center. But the dungeons are interesting enough you can play the whole game without realizing you're hitting the central room 3 times in the same fashion every time. I can see why people are disappointed by the linearity but they're still good dungeons, just in a different style.

Has he pivoted back to analyzing video game level design yet? Because last year every video was about some crappy looking 2D magnet platformer game he was trying to make and it got extremely uninteresting after a while.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

flavor.flv posted:

Hey, serious question here, please do not take offense

Are you generating your posts with an ai?

Let me tell you about the next game I am going to play. I play many video games including RPGs and sidescrollers which are staples of the video game industry.

I don't always play other genres such as racers and puzzlers like BOP IT. Video games are an extensive art form, so there is something for everybody, including people who hate BOP IT.

So in summary I hope you learned something about what it takes to be a side scroller video game developer in this crazy RPG world

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Has he pivoted back to analyzing video game level design yet? Because last year every video was about some crappy looking 2D magnet platformer game he was trying to make and it got extremely uninteresting after a while.

He hasn't stopped, that was not every video last year.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

KingSlime posted:

Let me tell you about the next game I am going to play. I play many video games including RPGs and sidescrollers which are staples of the video game industry.

I don't always play other genres such as racers and puzzlers like BOP IT. Video games are an extensive art form, so there is something for everybody, including people who hate BOP IT.

So in summary I hope you learned something about what it takes to be a side scroller video game developer in this crazy RPG world

This is the longest haiku I have ever seen.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
But for a real answer, I'm currently playing through Witcher 3 on my ps5 with the new patch, tales of vesperia on my switch along with Metroid dread, although I've only played dread for an hour and I really need to get back to it. Tales of vesperia is really cozy, I may not finish it but I like to pop in and progress for an hour or two. I think I mentioned this earlier but it feels like a modern but classic Super Nintendo RPG in nearly every facet which is really cool.

Eagerly awaiting the new fire emblem game though, once that comes out it'll probably take most of my attention. Man, I still never finished neon white...

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Sayonara Wild Hearts: holy poo poo what a ride. Made by people that definitely, definitely played the poo poo out of Rez.