Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Head down rear end up that's the way 4l60 likes to NNNNNN

I wonder if that affects oil distribution...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
At that angle? yeah the whole tailshaft is gonna be dry.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Hot wheels lookin truck

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

Bout to say, most of those trucks the oil pickup and sump is at the rear of the motor...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I have so many questions and comments.

When you only have three more payments to make on your lift kit.

Thats got to be horrible for the U joints.

Is that better or worse than the Carolina squat/ Tennessee Tilt?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

cursedshitbox posted:

More than just the tailshaft is gonna be dry. engine bearings aren’t long for this world either.

wesleywillis posted:

Cooler looking but somehow dumber mechanically

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 4, 2023

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Get one of those recordable greeting cards and put it under a wiper with "Face Down, rear end up" on it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

wesleywillis posted:

Better in every way, I carry a bullhorn in my hyundai just for screaming "CAB DOWN BED UP THAT'S THE WAY GOD SAYS TO TRUCK" at those fucks

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

wesleywillis posted:

Better, at least in terms of headlights blasting into my skull, and presumable he can see the road in front of him. Handling about the same.

Speaking of, I saw Carolina squatted Silverado - 2010s, I think - here in DFW the other day. Surprised (and sickened) me. Hadn't seen one of those containers of concentrated dumbass in a while.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Got one on my street. It'd be a pretty slick truck if he finished lifting it.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Just found something worse than bro trucks and mall crawlers. Bro trucks and mall crawlers with off-road LED arrays pointed backwards into the eyes of everyone on the interstate behind them.

I just about successfully resisted the urge to pit maneuver them off the godamned highway and then beat them to death with a coffee mug, but only just.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

MrYenko posted:

Just found something worse than bro trucks and mall crawlers. Bro trucks and mall crawlers with off-road LED arrays pointed backwards into the eyes of everyone on the interstate behind them.

I just about successfully resisted the urge to pit maneuver them off the godamned highway and then beat them to death with a coffee mug, but only just.

They really want everyone to know that they had them personally.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

That's what you get for buying a Dodge truck.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

So here's an idea:

Sell it and buy a Ford.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
"Luv the cummins tho"

I know its a v6/8

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

They be Strokin, I be Cummins?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I HATE IT SO MUCH I'VE KEPT IT FOR 25 YEARS

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why don't you get a different brand?

Because then I would be admitting that my choice of Dodge was wrong!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

slidebite posted:

I HATE IT SO MUCH I'VE KEPT IT FOR 25 YEARS

"It doesn't start easy because the piston rings are seized from carbon due to rolling coal, I love it!"

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

god drat I did not notice the extra walls of text stuck to the bumper earlier

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
at least it looks pretty clean, except whatever is going on with the bumper. looks taken care of, which it had better if he's spent that much on it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Surely by then you'd either be finding out why the brakes are dying so quickly on it or putting aftermarket callipers and rotors on it

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That photo has been floating around for at least 3 years. Someone that knows Colorado plates - what year does that tag expire?

edit: well I managed to dig up a VIN for it, searching the VIN doesn't show any junkyard or auction listings... maybe he's still spending a grand a year on brakes. VIN decoder I found shows it's a pretty nicely optioned 98 2WD 2500.. with the 8.0 V10. Probably spending that much on brakes because he tows (ordered with the tow package anyway).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 8, 2023

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

STR posted:

That photo has been floating around for at least 3 years. Someone that knows Colorado plates - what year does that tag expire?

edit: well I managed to dig up a VIN for it, searching the VIN doesn't show any junkyard or auction listings... maybe he's still spending a grand a year on brakes. VIN decoder I found shows it's a pretty nicely optioned 2500.. with a V10.

:chloe: dude what the gently caress

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

There's a whole lot of web sites where you can type in a license plate number to get a value on a trade-in. The one I tried spat out a VIN. :shrug:

A VIN isn't exactly private info, and it's easy enough to get from a license plate. The closest you'll get to any personal info is maybe the county it's registered in.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jan 8, 2023

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You doxxed the truck bro wtf

:v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Don't make me post a street view :haw:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Alright, some Colorado goon from this guy's county, find the truck confirm that it still has the stickers/signs on it and then ask the dude "why don't you just sell it if the brakes are that lovely"?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

wesleywillis posted:

Alright, some Colorado goon from this guy's county, find the truck confirm that it still has the stickers/signs on it and then ask the dude "why don't you just sell it if the brakes are that lovely"?

Or why do you keep going to the dealer? My front suspension bushings on my car ate poo poo at 40k and I didn’t go back to the dealer and have them put oem poo poo on there again.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah I think I'd just chalk it up as a big mistake, sell it and never buy a Dodge ever again. I don't see why someone would want play the victim over a lovely truck lol.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I don't see why someone would want play the victim over a lovely truck lol.

It’s basically the modus operandi of every obnoxious 50yo republican dude. Always something to latch onto and redirect their feelings/shame at

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

wesleywillis posted:

Hey can someone slip into the dude's garage at night and take a peek under the hood to see if it's a v10 or what?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ok guys, I've found his info and I've successfully catfished him. I've tricked him into meeting me at a restaurant, except it's not a real restaurant, it's a building I rented with a bunch of actors inside that I've hired. My plan is he will come inside and order a drink while waiting for his date, but his drink will be drugged. While he's knocked out, I'll install Wilwood disc brakes on his truck so he won't have to keep spending 1000 dollars at the Dodge dealer every year.

You might be saying, Wilwood doesn't make brakes for that truck, and to that I say, hey guys, this video is sponsored by Wilwood who have made custom brakes just for this guy. If you want to get some new brakes for your classic car or truck, head on over to Wilwood brakes and use the code catfish for 15% off any brake kit.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Godholio posted:

Got one on my street. It'd be a pretty slick truck if he finished lifting it.

No, it'd just be another crappy bro truck.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Don’t you hate it when your van has a loose seal?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CarForumPoster posted:

It’s basically the modus operandi of neurotic humans

ftfy :v:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Driver did not survive.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 10, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
:gonk:

Platystemon posted:

Don’t you hate it when your van has a loose seal?

Make sure not to blow the seal while trying to remove it from the vehicle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

<pictures of failed towing attempt carnage>
Aw, man. :smith: Might be worth spoilering that.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 10, 2023