Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

homeless snail posted:

running some quick numbers here and it seems like this may be as many as hd6d

hello snail

Aurora fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

homeless snail posted:

running some quick numbers here and it seems like this may be as many as hd6d

thats right.

also yeah i had only played fe8 and heard about 9 (and i guess 10??) in some ad stuffs and then when i saw pics for 11 as a kid i was all "this looks ugly as gently caress"

loving, sega saturn rear end models

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Massive Downgrade on the final boss of 3 also

Booky fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 20, 2023

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
resident evil 4 is a retro game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

halo 3 is older now than doom was when halo 3 came out

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If halo 3 is halo 1’s grandchild and also these were English monarchs then halo 1 would have been a never king dude that died from getting hit by a golf ball. Halo 2 would be that one guy from Hamilton.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Jesse, What The gently caress Are You Talking About

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kater posted:

If halo 3 is halo 1’s grandchild and also these were English monarchs then halo 1 would have been a never king dude that died from getting hit by a golf ball. Halo 2 would be that one guy from Hamilton.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

kater posted:

go drink some water and take a turn in the chillout tent

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

halo 3 is older now than doom was when halo 3 came out

Halo 3 Anniversary when, 343? Maybe after they unfuck Infinite in 5 years time (or they abandon infinite which is more likely)

marumaru
May 20, 2013

drat they made a whole game about a special edition dreamcast?

wild

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kater posted:

Not only are you wrong but you made your point in an extremely bitch rear end way.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Lmao mother loving please please please god tell me what my point was

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think you were trying to say halo 1 and 2 are bad and that's just what I assume but I really am guessing. Drink less op

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Halo 3 Anniversary when, 343? Maybe after they unfuck Infinite in 5 years time (or they abandon infinite which is more likely)

I would like 343 to just stop.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
why would you want an anniversary version of halo 3. the game already looks good. do you just want them to make an rtx version that crushes your gpu like a grape for no reason

like honestly the big reason i can't see it happening is cause halo 1 looked like half-life 1 and halo 2 had kinda weird models and lighting. halo 3 is like. it still looks good. there's no reason to change most of it it is still a very visually pleasing game

Booky posted:

thats right.

also yeah i had only played fe8 and heard about 9 (and i guess 10??) in some ad stuffs and then when i saw pics for 11 as a kid i was all "this looks ugly as gently caress"

loving, sega saturn rear end models

please dont compare the art direction to a sega saturn game. not all sega saturn games looked like willy wombat

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Sleng Teng posted:

I would like 343 to just stop.

They still have 339 sequels to go

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

They still have 339 sequels to go

Not if I call in an orbital bombardment first!!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
also frankly it seems like adding mod support to infinite was all they needed to do cause the main thing i've heard everyone praising is just how weirdly extensively moddable it is and how accessible the tools are

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All they needed to do was have classic halo maps in the MP and I would still be playing it lol. Some of the new ones were OK, but it suffered badly from the game modes they came up with imo. 4v4 is not halo, and 16v16 isn't either. I did like big team battle but your team was too huge to feel like you could really influence the match alone. 4v4 is ok for the tiny maps they had for it, but it's no 8v8 or 12v12 on poo poo like Blood Gulch. Even though they tried as hard as they could to balance it around these modes, it's still halo- 16v16 was a little too chaotic and 4v4 felt like whoever came up with it never actually played halo and just thought small maps would be cheaper. The time to kill without melee/power weapons is too high in halo for such a close quarters, fast paced experience to feel good. Even SWAT mode isn't counter strike.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 7, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Colonel posted:

why would you want an anniversary version of halo 3. the game already looks good. do you just want them to make an rtx version that crushes your gpu like a grape for no reason

like honestly the big reason i can't see it happening is cause halo 1 looked like half-life 1 and halo 2 had kinda weird models and lighting. halo 3 is like. it still looks good. there's no reason to change most of it it is still a very visually pleasing game

Honestly I'd just have Saber Interactive do the glow up like they did for Halo 2 Anniversary. Halo 3 still looks nice but the marines and humans look very rough. Ron Perlman looks like he hasn't slept in fifteen years.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

that's just how he looks irl

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Were they really doing 8v8 on like guardian? I thought halo was mostly 4v4 am I just remembering wrong?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does Halo Infinite have Slayer yet

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Never play a Halo game where everyone can sprint.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Thinking about how funny it is that Attack on Titan's final season began in 2020 and is only just going to finish this year.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Does Halo Infinite have Slayer yet

It has team slayer now, yes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The first episode of Trigun Stampede is out now

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Thinking about how funny it is that Attack on Titan's final season began in 2020 and is only just going to finish this year.

always reminds me of this meme

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
How does Attack on Titan keep not ending? Are they adapting the manga and the mangaka is like, "Oh I'll be done in 50 chapters!" and then it's 200 chapters later and still no end in sight so they keep making cours as its still popular is that how it is?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are literally nine chapters left, last I checked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

How does Attack on Titan keep not ending? Are they adapting the manga and the mangaka is like, "Oh I'll be done in 50 chapters!" and then it's 200 chapters later and still no end in sight so they keep making cours as its still popular is that how it is?

The manga has been over for like a year

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my guess is some exec/producer really wanted to finish the whole thing in one more 2-cour season and refused to back down on the Final Season branding even after learning that it wasnt possible to make it that fast. i remember there was reporting that pretty much every anime studio had turned down the project proposal for the final season for being impossible so it was probably something like that

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tales of Woe posted:

my guess is some exec/producer really wanted to finish the whole thing in one more 2-cour season and refused to back down on the Final Season branding even after learning that it wasnt possible to make it that fast. i remember there was reporting that pretty much every anime studio had turned down the project proposal for the final season for being impossible so it was probably something like that

Ah, the Game of Thrones problem.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aurora posted:

hello snail
hi

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Oh, so of course MAPPA took it then

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Halo chat reminds me of when the first one came out and people were both bummed that it wasn't Sci-Fi Myth and that it abandoned Bungie's rich storytelling a-la Marathon.

If they only knew what Halo 4-6 had in store. And the complete collapse of all the supplementary materials (Halo anime, Halo Movie).

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Come back to me when they make a halo anime featuring tsundere cortana, until then begone!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tell me about an anim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

Come back to me when they make a halo anime featuring tsundere cortana, until then begone!

Pretty sure they did