Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

i dont think i like mmx, its been slowly dawning on me whenever i go to play it lol

i knew i was no longer a child when i realized i only wanted to like megaman games, not that i actually liked them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i like mega man enough that i am slowly making my way through that 8 hour Ben Saint video about mega man lore that American McGay posted in another thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbHFuO8RJMQ

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i dont think i like mmx, its been slowly dawning on me whenever i go to play it lol

by itself or in comparison other MM games? curious

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It was randomly in my YT suggestions a few days ago and I thought it was probably gonna be lame but I decided to check out specifically the Megaman X section since I had just played it and then 2 hours later I was rewinding all the way back to the beginning of the video to watch it proper.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

it's high highs and low lows but man those highs

the FM synth lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYPcte3BlPw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

symbolic posted:

by itself or in comparison other MM games? curious

by itself, I'm not a huge megaman head and only really liked 3 out of the ones ive played. i liked x years ago but revisiting it im realising all the stages feel like busywork before you get to the good part (the maverick fights). even though i haven't even replayed it yet, I'm dreading the sigma stages and boss fight since that all just stands out in my memory as bad

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

after playing MMX a few times over the years and trying a couple of others, I think the only Mega Man game I actually enjoy in practice is Shovel Knight

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I like these Mega Mans and I revisit them every year or two

2-6 (NES)
4 (GB)
X 1-3
Zero 1-4

notably, they are all what I had as a kid. Every other new-to-me MM I've played as an adult, I just bounce off. :shrug:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think the MM games that stand the test of time the most are the Zero games

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Defeat Fly Beelzebub

No post battle cutscene, but I found a cool skull afterwards

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Defeat Cerberus

I'm going much more slowly than Sourdough, apparently. This is at almost 27 hours played for me. I'm feeling like the game is starting to drag a bit, this last dungeon was just a ton of long narrow passages with maybe or maybe not a single treasure chest at the end and a really high encounter rate. Fights were easier too overall which was sort of nice after the last couple areas, but got a little old since I only needed one or two strats for most of the enemy sets. Wondering if I should stop trying to progress the whole party and just focus on 3 characters for the rest of the game - I'll lose some versatility but be able to go deeper into the mantra trees if I'm paying for 3 characters instead of 5. Haven't decided yet.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Beelzebub killed me easily my first try so I watched a movie and grinded mantras outside his door for a few hours lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Halfway through MM X before I realized I can just double tap forward to dash

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lol gently caress, is it in MMX? when i started MMX2 i did it by accident and thought it was a new addition

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

herculon posted:

Halfway through MM X before I realized I can just double tap forward to dash

I loving hate that poo poo. Oh hey im trying to slowly inch my way to the edge of sigmas hands so i dont get hit by the lightning attack oh cool i just dashed into his orb attack that does like 6 damage even with the wrmor very cool thanks. And i recently plsyed thriugh unreal that sometimes has you walk on thin bridges with a similar dodge mechanic. Pure aids.

----------------

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Check out this megaman i just saw on twitter
https://twitter.com/tg_marlo/status/1611686284451532802?s=20&t=0NGvIoTrW9l9nhZ4gac9sA

----------------

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Cool

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I loving hate that poo poo. Oh hey im trying to slowly inch my way to the edge of sigmas hands so i dont get hit by the lightning attack oh cool i just dashed into his orb attack that does like 6 damage even with the wrmor very cool thanks. And i recently plsyed thriugh unreal that sometimes has you walk on thin bridges with a similar dodge mechanic. Pure aids.

yeah I played this just a couple of weeks after Astro Boy which has a similar dash mechanic but does it much better and I still didn't like it much. Not a fan

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Double tap dash was the only bad thing about Astro boy. And the pyramid. And the train.

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Dark Souls but you have to double tilt the thumbstick to roll

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Joan posted:

Dark Souls but you have to double tilt the thumbstick to roll

how far removed is that really from "hold O + press O again" to jump

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

how far removed is that really from "hold O + press O again" to jump

you dont have to jump in combat

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

you dont have to jump in combat

yeah that's true lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
DDS combat frequency is more brutal than I remember

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Turdiak…

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Thought the same thing lol.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

Double tap dash was the only bad thing about Astro boy. And the pyramid. And the train.

Double tap dash, kiss my rear end rear end rear end

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

welcome posted:

That loving pyramid I swear to god. Fighting every boss like three times was also a little testing

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

pyramid and the water boss on rebirth were the fuckin pits and its basically all because kf double tap dash

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

That Little Demon posted:

DDS combat frequency is more brutal than I remember

lmao at your sig

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

edit: nvm

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sourdough posted:

: Defeat Fly Beelzebub

No post battle cutscene, but I found a cool skull afterwards

Missed this, drat you're blasting through the game lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Missed this, drat you're blasting through the game lol

I played til 5am and had the battle screen in my dreams lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I only just found out what the subtanks do halfway through the Sigma fight. But I'm calm.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

: Finish the game

Good game, looking forward to continuing the series on my own time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Next pick coming tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

In Training posted:

Next pick coming tomorrow?

Yep, or I may roll a little later tonight & get an early start