Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I don't wanna slog through CES roundups. Are we ever going to get a monitor that is:

- OLED

- between 17-29 inches

- more than 60hz, like I don't care if it's just 75hz but make a loving attempt

After all these years it feels like I might literally die before anyone makes a desktop OLED that isn't either 1440p or a TV panel rebranded as a monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Enos Cabell posted:

Is there some kind of industrial or commercial application for 8k displays? I'm just confused on who the target market is for those. There is still barely any 4k content, and streamers are having a hard time hitting that bitrate. Who is asking for 8k?

Plenty of 4k content. The default TV these days is 4k. The consoles run in 4k.

4k used to be crazy exotic poo poo your rich neighbors did, now its every TV at Walmart.

Same thing happened with 1080p.

There is a reason SLI was popular back in the day: 1080p was graphically intensive at one point.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I agree that there's plenty of 4K content overall, but there's still a lot of content that isn't 4K, and much of the 4K content you can access has a quality that's barely any better than 1080p due to the low bitrates streaming services use (looking at Netflix). There's a world of difference between a "4K" movie on Netflix and a 4K blu-ray. So in that respect, you can say that there's not much "true" 4K video content available, and we are likely very far from good-quality 8K video content being streamable (I doubt it's gonna happen this decade). Video games are also probably not going 8K this decade either considering how much the vast majority of hardware available struggles to hit 4K (including the consoles). This has nothing to do with TV adoption rates, which is obviously pretty good. 4K content is just really difficult and expensive to produce and deliver, and 8K content will be roughly 4x harder yet.

Zero VGS posted:

I don't wanna slog through CES roundups. Are we ever going to get a monitor that is:

- OLED

- between 17-29 inches

- more than 60hz, like I don't care if it's just 75hz but make a loving attempt

After all these years it feels like I might literally die before anyone makes a desktop OLED that isn't either 1440p or a TV panel rebranded as a monitor.

not anytime soon. maybe in the second half of this year if we're lucky, though I'm not really expecting this to happen until next year.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 4, 2023

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4_oGaryiwc&t=179s

Samsung is showing some normal TV-sized MicroLED displays at CES. My first thought is that I wonder if the smaller sizes are actually 4K or if Samsung is cheating a bit here (they aren't selling these anytime soon, and they aren't giving any exact specs). My second thought is lmao, these things are way too loving bright.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Dell has found the sixth K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtbL4CNTdfM

It uses an LG-made IPS Black panel (~2000:1 contrast ratio) at a resolution of 6144x3456. There's a 32" Apple display that's 6016x3384, so it seems nobody can settle on a single standard for what "6K" means.

You see, the Apple display is 6K (kilopixel) and the LG display is 6Ki (kibipixel)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

edit: Oh my order estimate 16th so there's that but I would not be surprised if the Asus announcement will be like "eh whatever you can buy it some time in the future maybe".

Lol. No price, sometime in Q1. Whelp good thing I preordered the LG which seems to be out of stock now.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I've owned the LG C2 42" for a few weeks now, and I feel like I can comfortably say it was a terrible decision.

because I was unable to resist picking up a 4090 to drive it :cry:

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I found an old 32" 4K @ 60hz LG 32UD59 for $200 CAD. I'm currently on 27" 1080p @ 240Hz (Samsung CRG5), having previously made the decision for refresh rate over resolution. If I can deal with 60Hz, I can sell the Samsung for more than I paid for the LG.

I guess I'm looking for peoples' experience with increasing resolution while going back to 60Hz.

Edit to add: 3060ti. I don't play FPS. I typically play arpg games (D2R, PoE, etc)

i can still taste him fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 5, 2023

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

i can still taste him posted:

going back to 60Hz.

No.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwvKiK32n8o

MLA tech on the G3 panels is the most intriguing to me. C3 gets some minor boost increases. M3 is cool with it's wireless box ($$$$$). new 6th gen processor.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

I guess I'm looking for peoples' experience with increasing resolution while going back to 60Hz.

I have a 144 next to a 60.

I do not like moving my mouse on the 60 or doing work on it.

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street
Heya guys, looking for two new monitors for my desk. Is there anything decent I can buy for under $300 and is 27inch 1440p and higher than 60hz? I've seen stuff like the gigabyte m27q but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere.

Thanks!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

I found an old 32" 4K @ 60hz LG 32UD59 for $200 CAD. I'm currently on 27" 1080p @ 240Hz (Samsung CRG5), having previously made the decision for refresh rate over resolution. If I can deal with 60Hz, I can sell the Samsung for more than I paid for the LG.

Edit to add: 3060ti. I don't play FPS. I typically play arpg games (D2R, PoE, etc)

You are going to absolutely hate going back to 60 Hz. Even in day to day browsing and productivity, it is noticeably more sluggish. I have the LG 16:18 monitor thats basically two 1440p displays stacked in a single panel and while its nice and crisp, it is slooooow compared to my other monitors.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

ZombieIsland posted:

Heya guys, looking for two new monitors for my desk. Is there anything decent I can buy for under $300 and is 27inch 1440p and higher than 60hz? I've seen stuff like the gigabyte m27q but can't seem to find it in stock anywhere.

Thanks!

This thing is $240 currently, and it's a perfectly decent option: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B18HWB9M?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXeOjYRPj08

KTC is a longstanding OEM for the various b-brands out there like Monoprice and Viotek, and they've now decided to start releasing products under their own name for a change.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Asus announces new 27" 1440p 240hz and 32" 4K 160hz IPS displays in their "Tuf Gaming" lineup.The Tuf Gaming brand tends to be their more affordable brand, and it's nice to see these specs not be treated as ultra premium anymore.

They also announced a 32" 4K 160hz IPS display with a 576-zone mini-LED backlight. I'm assuming this uses the same panel as the tuf gaming display but with local dimming. This will be in their ROG Swift brand and will probably be pretty overpriced. It also supports DP 2.1 because why not, I guess. That's good for all the people with RDNA3 cards who are paranoid about DSC.

And Asus is going up to 540hz now, while Alienware is stuck at a glacial 500hz. :sad:

And in other news, ViewSonic just dropped a 34" 3440x1440 200hz VA display with an 1152-zone backlight for $1500. VA and mini-LED make for a good combination when it comes to HDR quality, but I don't know if I trust anyone but Samsung to make a VA panel that actually has good motion clarity. Just buy the AW3423DWF for $400 less, man. Viewsonic also announced a 27" 1440p 400hz IPS display. The refresh rate wars have officially spilled over to 1440p now too, it seems.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jan 5, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Asus announces new 27" 1440p 240hz and 32" 4K 160hz IPS displays in their "Tuf Gaming" lineup.The Tuf Gaming brand tends to be their more affordable brand, and it's nice to see these specs not be treated as ultra premium anymore.

They also announced a 32" 4K 160hz IPS display with a 576-zone mini-LED backlight. I'm assuming this uses the same panel as the tuf gaming display but with local dimming. This will be in their ROG Swift brand and will probably be pretty overpriced. It also supports DP 2.1 because why not, I guess. That's good for all the people with RDNA3 cards who are paranoid about DSC.
Any idea how much the 32" screens could be? Short of OLED, that's kind of what I've been hoping to get for years at a reasonable price. Of course I gave in and bought a 160Hz 1440 27" monitor when rona kicked off soooo

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Gimme an AW2724DW please Dell please.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Any idea how much the 32" screens could be? Short of OLED, that's kind of what I've been hoping to get for years at a reasonable price. Of course I gave in and bought a 160Hz 1440 27" monitor when rona kicked off soooo

The only prices i've seen were 700 euros for the 4k and 500 euros for the 1440p tuf gaming monitors. I would expect them to likely have $700 and $500 MSRPs in the US too, or somewhere around there. Asus monitors do go on sale every now and then though and may cost less in practice. These will be M27Q-X and M32U competitors. The mini LED display is anyone's guess. I don't think it's coming out until much later this year.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Vincent on Micro Lens Array technology:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2z5YWsir10

It's very neat, and it does seem as though this technology will be present in the 27" and 45" W-OLED monitors shipping out soon. Those monitor panels have appeared on some PR slides about MLA (or "META" as LG is calling it)

That second image is nigh indecipherable, but I'm pretty sure it's indicating something like 1200 nits peak luminance, which would be quite a bit below what the 77" TV panel with MLA will achieve. Part of this will be due to the higher pixel density and lower pixel aperture ratio in the 27" panel, but I also suspect that LG is trying to be gentle with this panel so as to reduce the risk of burn-in. If MLA gives you more brightness at the same power, then it can give you the same brightness at much less power used. And with OLED, the less voltage you use, the more slowly the organic material will deteriorate. So it seems they'd rather use MLA to help reduce burn-in than to achieve crazy high brightness figures. And you probably don't want 2000 nits searing your eyes from two feet away anyway.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Who's been a naughty monitor?

https://i.imgur.com/qTijmfl.mp4

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
My impression of the 42" LG C2 after ~2 weeks of using it almost every day for hours: it's amazing. 1. The picture quality is everything I ever wanted from a monitor. It's just gorgeous. Seeing Cyberpunk 2077 in 4K in its full ray-traced, HDR glory is absolutely gobsmacking. 2. The size, despite being horrifyingly huge at first, is something I love so much now that I wouldn't want to go back though 32" is definitely a good middle ground. 3. The design, unlike a lot of the expensive gaming monitors, is sleek and unobtrusive. 4. The legs are small and do their job well, while not looking too bad. They are so much better than some of the bulky stands I've had with monitors before (24" 1080p Alienware and 32" 4K Samsung both had terribly deep stands that took way too much desk space). 4. TV so I can just watch Netflix/YouTube while something like performance-heavy tasks or re-installing OS is happening on the PC.

What I don't like: 1. TV not a monitor so it doesn't go to sleep immediately when there's no output. 2. Sometimes, there's flickering because of VRR even when using just the desktop. (lovely of LG that this is still not fixed). 3. No DisplayPort at all. 4. LG's app store requires me to log in to install or even update already installed apps. Are you for loving real, LG? There's also a bunch more sponsored crap and "recommended" watches in webOS compared to my LG C9.

Something that I was very worried about before getting it was the glossy screen, which, despite sitting next to a window and with lights being turned on behind me semi-regularly, turned out to be a complete non-issue. YMMV.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah I'm absolutely in love with mine as a monitor as well, took almost no time to adjust to the size. I have mine mounted on an Amazon Basics monitor stand (with a 300x200 vesa adapter plate) because it sat a bit too low otherwise, and it works wonderfully. I didn't let mine connect to the internet and use a shield tv for streaming apps, and I have a ps5 hooked up to another input. I love that you can set shortcuts on the remote to quickly switch inputs, much easier than using a single button to cycle inputs like every other monitor I've owned.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

lordfrikk posted:

4. LG's app store requires me to log in to install or even update already installed apps. Are you for loving real, LG? There's also a bunch more sponsored crap and "recommended" watches in webOS compared to my LG C9.

Is that fixable by not connecting it to the network? Does it have to be connected?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Volguus posted:

Is that fixable by not connecting it to the network? Does it have to be connected?

Yeah I never connected mine to the network and I haven't seen a single ad. I just hit a button on the remote and it goes to whichever input I want. Use an external device for streaming apps if you want them.

BoyMeetsWorld
Aug 31, 2006
I'm looking for a 27" or larger monitor to connect to my Surface Go 3. My primary use case would be watching movies in the dark. My current crummy Acer monitor washes out blacks and has distracting light bleed, so I'm looking for something with better contrast I think.

It seems like most monitors are advertised for gaming or color accuracy, but I'm mostly going to be using it for watching movies and shows.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The OLED monitors/TVs everyone's talking about now would be the best option probably. IPS monitors often have pretty high black levels and glow in a way that can be distracting in dark scenes

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

I've built a new computer with a much better graphics card (980 ti to 7900 XT) and my current monitors could probably do with a refresh.

Any suggestions on what I should replace my Dell U3415W (3440 x 1440 at 60 Hz) and Dell U2414H (1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz) with? I mostly care about gaming, mostly older games like Factorio or XCom 2.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

lordfrikk posted:

My impression of the 42" LG C2 after ~2 weeks of using it almost every day for hours: it's amazing. 1. The picture quality is everything I ever wanted from a monitor. It's just gorgeous. Seeing Cyberpunk 2077 in 4K in its full ray-traced, HDR glory is absolutely gobsmacking. 2. The size, despite being horrifyingly huge at first, is something I love so much now that I wouldn't want to go back though 32" is definitely a good middle ground. 3. The design, unlike a lot of the expensive gaming monitors, is sleek and unobtrusive. 4. The legs are small and do their job well, while not looking too bad. They are so much better than some of the bulky stands I've had with monitors before (24" 1080p Alienware and 32" 4K Samsung both had terribly deep stands that took way too much desk space). 4. TV so I can just watch Netflix/YouTube while something like performance-heavy tasks or re-installing OS is happening on the PC.

What I don't like: 1. TV not a monitor so it doesn't go to sleep immediately when there's no output. 2. Sometimes, there's flickering because of VRR even when using just the desktop. (lovely of LG that this is still not fixed). 3. No DisplayPort at all. 4. LG's app store requires me to log in to install or even update already installed apps. Are you for loving real, LG? There's also a bunch more sponsored crap and "recommended" watches in webOS compared to my LG C9.

Something that I was very worried about before getting it was the glossy screen, which, despite sitting next to a window and with lights being turned on behind me semi-regularly, turned out to be a complete non-issue. YMMV.

Agree with everything you said. The VRR is bad and is my one disappointment.

Give the LG companion app a try. As long as you assign the tv a fixed IP in your router it does a great job at auto turning off the tv when your pc goes idle.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Asus announced two laptops releasing in Q2 that use 3.2K, OLED, 120hz screens with the autostereoscopic 3D effect like they had on the Nintendo 3DS. Curious to see if that tech is going to start popping up on other displays. It uses eye-tracking cameras to optimize the effect.

I'd like to see even those panels come out for non-3D laptops since those specs are nearly ideal for gaming too.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Asus announced two laptops releasing in Q2 that use 3.2K, OLED, 120hz screens with the autostereoscopic 3D effect like they had on the Nintendo 3DS. Curious to see if that tech is going to start popping up on other displays. It uses eye-tracking cameras to optimize the effect.

I'd like to see even those panels come out for non-3D laptops since those specs are nearly ideal for gaming too.

My Asus laptop is a piece of poo poo (rog 14 like a year old). I mean pretty much all Windows laptops are bad to differing degrees so there's that. Microsoft > Razer maybe? > Uh Lenovo I guess> Sony, Asus, Samsung. I'm probably going Frameworks next time.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Duck and Cover posted:

My Asus laptop is a piece of poo poo (rog 14 like a year old). I mean pretty much all Windows laptops are bad to differing degrees so there's that. Microsoft > Razer maybe? > Uh Lenovo I guess> Sony, Asus, Samsung. I'm probably going Frameworks next time.

I was just talking about the panels, but you think Microsoft makes the best laptop? The Surfacebooks had the highest failure rate by far of the different brands I issued to employees. Multiple had puffed up batteries which I've never seen on any other reputable brand, and the thing where the keyboard attaches to the screen had permanently communication failures on another. The other Microsoft hardware I've experienced was multiple red ring of death Xbox 360's, and my "Elite Series 2" controller which I bought for $200 and gives me an electric shock if I try to use it while it's charging on USB.

My Asus is also a couple years old (ZenBook Flip OLED from BestBuy) and I essentially use it as a wireless monitor (Gamestream from a desktop to the laptop go I have a 15.6" 4K OLED). It has been mostly solid except for the piece of poo poo power jack which I've soldered twice now and a flaky space bar that misses 10% of my presses. Their warranty support is poo poo in that they wanted me to mail it back and wait with a thumb up my rear end in the middle of the pandemic.

Fine other than those issues; I'm going to need to make it last until an actual OLED improvement happens, if ever. I hide all my desktop icons and set all my themes/browsers to a jet-black dark mode, and it looks neat while having no burn-in whatsoever even though I've logged a bazillion hours on it.

Frameworks is interesting but they're 13.5-inch screens only; way too small for me.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Does anyone have a AW3423DW or AW3423DWF? How do you like it?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I have my LG C2 set to a fixed ip in my pfsense router. It also blocks the TV from the internet. I use an ethernet cable just because it's possible. It's a decent enough solution which is not too annoying. It isn't nearly as good functionally as a regular rear end monitor connected with displayport, but it's workable.

I will most likely get horrible burn-in with my usage habits, but such is life. You never know if you're even alive next year in this hellworld, no need to worry too much about burn-in in that case.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

GruntyThrst posted:

Does anyone have a AW3423DW or AW3423DWF? How do you like it?
I have the AW3423DWF
It looks really good on Darktide and ray tracing stuff, I haven't tried cyberpunk or many other eyecandy games yet.

I can't hear the fan, pixel refresh every 4 hours is kind of annoying, it is pretty neat having individual white and true black pixels next to each other with no bleed.

It's better than my TV and solid, but I'm not sure it was worth 1100 or whatever. I just decided to treat myself because I spend so many hours on the computer.

My cats can definitely tell a difference, they go insane over some bird and squirrels for cats vids where they may ignore it on my TCL 55" (I heard that because they see things different most non top end tvs don't quite look as real to them as us)

I'd never had a curved screen before and because it's pretty mild I got to no longer noticing it pretty fast, increased fov is very nice.

I have a 3080fe and 5800x3d and it's dropped my fps down on some games on account of it being ~1.5 times the pixels, I target 90fps in darktide for instance it would be hard to get 165fps on several games I own but I mostly play strategy/tactics indie jank/sims and rocket league and I can still get high fps on those.

I recommend "transparent taskbar" app and a black background and it's hard to tell it's even on.
(I also got rid of desktop icons and auto hid taskbar)

This thread had some good tips on reference mode color settings if I recall
https://hardforum.com/threads/dell-alienware-aw3423dwf-34-qd-oled-165hz-freesync-premium-pro-3440-x-1440.2022990/
And I used the windows store HDR calibration app but I'm not sure if that is needed or advised.

Quaint Quail Quilt fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 7, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I was just talking about the panels, but you think Microsoft makes the best laptop? The Surfacebooks had the highest failure rate by far of the different brands I issued to employees. Multiple had puffed up batteries which I've never seen on any other reputable brand, and the thing where the keyboard attaches to the screen had permanently communication failures on another. The other Microsoft hardware I've experienced was multiple red ring of death Xbox 360's, and my "Elite Series 2" controller which I bought for $200 and gives me an electric shock if I try to use it while it's charging on USB.

My Asus is also a couple years old (ZenBook Flip OLED from BestBuy) and I essentially use it as a wireless monitor (Gamestream from a desktop to the laptop go I have a 15.6" 4K OLED). It has been mostly solid except for the piece of poo poo power jack which I've soldered twice now and a flaky space bar that misses 10% of my presses. Their warranty support is poo poo in that they wanted me to mail it back and wait with a thumb up my rear end in the middle of the pandemic.

Fine other than those issues; I'm going to need to make it last until an actual OLED improvement happens, if ever. I hide all my desktop icons and set all my themes/browsers to a jet-black dark mode, and it looks neat while having no burn-in whatsoever even though I've logged a bazillion hours on it.

Frameworks is interesting but they're 13.5-inch screens only; way too small for me.

Yeah I realize you were just talking about the panels I just saw it as a chance to complain feel free to ignore the rest of this post.

I liked my surface, whatever it was called the one with the fancy hinge and the tablet. I also use to really like their mouse, but that was ages ago so it doesn't really count. The Lenovo had a garbage screen (my model came with two different branded screens for whatever tier of screen I selected, I got the worse one but I'm not sure how much that mattered) . Now that I think about it my Microsoft laptop did have an issue, I don't remember what it was but I do remember going to the store in the mall and replacing it. Which was nice though, actually having a store like Apple does have value.

The Samsung Ativ Book Pro had an option that would make colors look bad while on battery (companies love this poo poo, trying to get Apple numbers of run time at all costs). The Razer was okay but they used a sticker for the speaker grills and refused to sell me one when it came undone. Oh yeah sure I'm totally going to be without my laptop for you to install a sticker. Oh yeah and I had an Asus EEE which liked to tip over because the weight was like all in the back. I mean what a piece of poo poo that was. Doesn't count though. I wanted the Frameworks, but no discrete graphics, smaller than I'd like (I like 14" for laptops which is an uncommon size), no touchscreen. The size I could live with, but I wanted at least one of the other two.

Apple makes decent laptops for the most part. l replaced like two of their old magsafe connector powercords and they've had garbage keyboards in the past. My brother didn't like the touchbar. The problem is they're not Windows and Windows has games.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 7, 2023

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Looking for a 27" 1440p monitor with minimal bezel and great picture quality, good refresh rate, budget around $500. im super tempted to pre-order that 27" 1k LG oled but feels too expensive

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ammanas posted:

Looking for a 27" 1440p monitor with minimal bezel and great picture quality, good refresh rate, budget around $500. im super tempted to pre-order that 27" 1k LG oled but feels too expensive
Which one is that? I'll take 3.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

The 27GR95QE. A few rather enthusiastic/amateur reviews have dropped on YouTube already.

It's probably worth waiting for a reviewer who knows what they're talking about to weigh in, but the upcoming 27" OLED monitors (which all use the same LG panel) should be unbeatable for contrast and motion clarity.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SuperTeeJay posted:

The 27GR95QE. A few rather enthusiastic/amateur reviews have dropped on YouTube already.

It's probably worth waiting for a reviewer who knows what they're talking about to weigh in, but the upcoming 27" OLED monitors (which all use the same LG panel) should be unbeatable for contrast and motion clarity.
Thanks; my 12+ year wait for a new 3x1 setup may finally be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Ammanas posted:

Just be warned that the LG one uses a matte finish that apparently mutes it a bit, according to the Youtube reviews that went up recently