Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

Oniichan wa Oshimai! (Onimai: I'm Now Your Sister!)
Studio Bind | Shingo Fujii | Michiko Yokopte | Comedy | Manga | Jan 5, 2023
Mahiro Oyama was just a normal erotic-game loving dude...until he woke up one morning as a woman! Turns out his mad-scientist little sister, Mihari, tried out one of her new experiments on him...with a disastrous outcome, as far as Mahiro's concerned! But Mihari is as determined to study him as he is determined to go back to his shut-in, game-playing life, and one thing's for sure...life is going to get a whole lot weirder from here on out!
PV

read the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

its literally in the op

e: gently caress

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

well i went right into the pit for this exact purpose

i'll tag this

ep 1 of onimai begins with a neet waking up to discover their inexplicably genius little sister had drugged them nonconsensually and they are now a girl that appears to be thirteen. the rest of the episode mostly concerns the now-thirteen year old girl's clothes being taken off to be replaced with girly clothes. there is a LOT of focus on the "swapped" girl being interrupted when about to look at their own nude body and they're basically forced into everything that happens to them

sure, the animation's really good! this anime is hosed up and you shouldnt watch it

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

checked the money girl isekai to see if it was a comedy but nope it's played mostly straight and really dull

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Tales of Woe posted:

checked the money girl isekai to see if it was a comedy but nope it's played mostly straight and really dull

I got about halfway through it before the family arrived for a late christmas and I found the same thing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id like to get rid of this ik now

not because they said the bad anime was bad but because they keep dragging it on/prodding namtab about it instead of just going 'yeah its bad'

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i havent said a serious word to namtab one time, that was a bit earlier

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

id like to get rid of this ik now

not because they said the bad anime was bad but because they keep dragging it on/prodding namtab about it instead of just going 'yeah its bad'

i forgive the ik

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm sorry if i came off like i was loving with you (mean) instead of loving with you (jocular, at work)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

i forgive the ik

i dont :blastu:

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Endo and Kobayashi's Commentary is everything that was needed to heal my cold, blackened heart. It's cute and fluffy and definitely a feel-good anime. Having read the manga too I guess I kind of miss the cute faces the artist does but some of the plot elements are introduced earlier too and might work better that way? I dunno it's nice go watch it especially if you're going to be watching something else depressing this season like gundam.

I'm also rather enjoying Magical Revolution which also has some differences from the manga, but it's going to feel nice to see our lovable genki idiot cause trouble in her kingdom and get the girl while doing it.

Now I just need to find something serious and I'm set for the season. Preferably not an isekai but that's going to be tough.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hell of a username/av

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The Anos Voldigod show is full-speed-ahead on the plot train with no brakes, haven't read the lns but at this pace I'm presuming they're trying to cram everything left to adapt into a single cour.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they've already announced it's split cour so 24ish episodes

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

feeling like a fever dream of pacing might improve the show

EDIT: i do like the show, its in my list of trash i roll around in

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the first season was funny, its kinda like Bastard but more deadpan and without the sex

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember that time he threw a castle and it cut back to the people in the castle he threw just laying around trying to process the entire escapade

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Southern Cassowary posted:

Watched first ep of Nagatoro S2. I really liked S1 - it's dumb trash but it regularly made me crack up and I thought it had an underpinning of heart that made all the silly comedy work. I came out of the first episode of this season kind of disappointed.

It's more of the stupid masochistic romcom vibe and you absolutely know if you'll like this or not already. The studio switch was for the worse - the animation has more cost-cutting measures like conversations that happen over long pans over background stills and just generally off-model feeling faces, and the music that's not from S1 is pretty bad. Writing felt like an establishing episode, so you got the expected comedy bits and some "hey, remember when" type stuff, but not enough of the surprising heart that I thought made the first season work. I think I could live with the animation getting worse but the writing losing its charm would really bum me out.

I was more interested in the manga they were reading.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I checked out the first ep of Chillin’ in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King’s Army and it's a generic fantasy world show where a hardworking guy gets fired for being useless so he takes a job as an adventurer in a small village and discovers he actually had a crazy amount of unrealised potential all along. Y'all know the drill.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tales of Woe posted:

the first season was funny, its kinda like Bastard but more deadpan and without the sex
I loving love Anos and the entire show is the best kind of isekai-returner-OP bullshit at every turn. He's just such a complete rear end in a top hat it's hilarious to see where poo poo goes.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Strongest Exorcist in Another World: It's your standard isekai of the season. But this one has the MC being a reincarnated exorcist which gives him unique skillset compared to everyone else. The magic academy cliche still applies, so I won't bother describing it again. Although, it adds slave girl into the mix since the main girl is a slave maid.

At least this anime took it's time establishing thing instead of immediately sending the MC into the magic academy. So it has potential at the very least.

Nier Automata: 'Cause we're gonna shout it loud
Even if our words seem meaningless
It's like I'm carrying the weight of the world

Wait, what do you mean Weight of the World isn't in the anime? That's lame.

Anyway, the first episode gave me unpleasant flashback of the prologue. For the opening level, it's quite challenging and demand a lot for a new players. What's makes it worse is that you can't save until clearing the prologue and losing means going back to title screen and losing 10-30 minutes of your time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

sounds like you need to get good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
let's kill him. let's loving kill him!!!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Namtab posted:

sounds like you need to get good

That's what the prologue forces you to do, yes. It's a frustrating process.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not really that hard it's mostly the save point part that can present an issue combined with some people thinking you need to approach it more like a platinum game when it's just an rpg and you really should just be chomping down healing items when you take damage

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Your Everyday NEET posted:

Strongest Exorcist in Another World: It's your standard isekai of the season. But this one has the MC being a reincarnated exorcist which gives him unique skillset compared to everyone else.

Isekai'ing from one fantasy world where you were already the strongest into a different fantasy world is some really lazy writing lol

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I checked out the first ep of Chillin’ in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King’s Army and it's a generic fantasy world show where a hardworking guy gets fired for being useless so he takes a job as an adventurer in a small village and discovers he actually had a crazy amount of unrealised potential all along. Y'all know the drill.

The one thing I will add is that unlike a lot of the other "fired from" stories, there's no real focus on him trying to be the best or going on grand adventures or anything. Like the title says, dude just wants to chill and have a normal life, but he's living right on the border between two antagonistic kingdoms so sometimes he has to keep people in line.

It's not going to be amazing, but it does dodge a lot of the usual issues with that kind of story.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Didn't even realise it was possible to die in the prologue til I saw people complain about it lol

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Paracelsus posted:

The Anos Voldigod show is full-speed-ahead on the plot train with no brakes, haven't read the lns but at this pace I'm presuming they're trying to cram everything left to adapt into a single cour.

Did they change Anos' VA? Not that I even fully remember exactly how he sounded in the first season, but I know it wasnt like that.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
My isekai pitch: Instead of being fired from the party and then having a slow life, Fired from the slow life into the party.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

My isekai pitch: Instead of being fired from the party and then having a slow life, Fired from the slow life into the party.
congratulations youve recreated the heros journey via first principles

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

roflmao

the rebirth of gilgamesh right here on something awful

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

DurosKlav posted:

Did they change Anos' VA? Not that I even fully remember exactly how he sounded in the first season, but I know it wasnt like that.

They did, looks like the previous one was involved in some kind of scandal

Wikipedia posted:

On August 4, 2021, Suzuki went on hiatus due to poor health issues, following a report published on July 30 by Shūkan Bunshun alleging that he was involved in an extramarital affair with a female work associate.[5] The same report also alleged that Suzuki had possibly violated non-disclosure agreements during the affair regarding music he and Oldcodex had been working on for other anime series. On August 30, 2021, Suzuki released a statement apologizing for his "careless behavior."[6] As a result of the hiatus, he withdrew from Ultraman.[7] He was also recast in Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger,[8] the CD bonuses of the game adaptation of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!,[9] Pokémon Journeys: The Series,[10] Alchemy Stars,[11] The Misfit of Demon King Academy[12] and Tokyo Revengers.[13] However, Kyoto Animation confirmed that they were not replacing him in Free!.[14]

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

galagazombie posted:

I Wanted to Live the Quiet Farming Life in my New World but it Turns Out Farming is Brutally Hard so I Became a Hero.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bremen posted:

I Wanted to Live the Quiet Farming Life in my New World but it Turns Out Farming is Brutally Hard so I Became a Hero.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Southern Cassowary posted:

Watched first ep of Nagatoro S2. I really liked S1 - it's dumb trash but it regularly made me crack up and I thought it had an underpinning of heart that made all the silly comedy work. I came out of the first episode of this season kind of disappointed.

It's more of the stupid masochistic romcom vibe and you absolutely know if you'll like this or not already. The studio switch was for the worse - the animation has more cost-cutting measures like conversations that happen over long pans over background stills and just generally off-model feeling faces, and the music that's not from S1 is pretty bad. Writing felt like an establishing episode, so you got the expected comedy bits and some "hey, remember when" type stuff, but not enough of the surprising heart that I thought made the first season work. I think I could live with the animation getting worse but the writing losing its charm would really bum me out.

The start of the episode has the most hosed up looking hand I have possibly ever seen in a professional animation. Really poor animation.

I'm not sure how many chapters season 2 will cover, but the characters and their relationship are so much more developed in the manga at this point I'm not sure I can be bothered with the anime if the quality is going to be so sloppy that it doesn't add anything.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Instead or the Hero being kicked out of the party instead have them replaced by FFXIV Gilgamesh

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

It wasn't farming that was hard, it was getting those darn power converters. Took him 43 years!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Okay, the first episode of Mou Ippon! was fantastic.

https://files.catbox.moe/v7a96e.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

you cut it right befor ethe cool part