Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This is Goto’s time, for sure!

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Every pacific island wrestler must be theirs

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Integrated Houston posted:

Let’s try to guess their new WWE names. I’m thinking Leonard Bash and Cy Hardin.

Bobson Dognutt and Mike Truk gonna dominate the NXT tag scene

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Didn't they pass on one of the Anoa'i kids? The one that is in MLW, IIRC.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Let’s try to guess their new WWE names. I’m thinking Leonard Bash and Cy Hardin.

Leakee
Leakee Jr

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

edogawa rando posted:

Didn't they pass on one of the Anoa'i kids? The one that is in MLW, IIRC.

Man how bad must he be?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

1glitch0 posted:

Man how bad must he be?

Jacob Fatu is actually really good but has a criminal record for armed robbery so they won’t sign him. There may be more going on because that seems like a weird excuse though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Camacho Dos and Camacho Grande.

I'd miss Tama but Hikuleo still isn't doing much for me. They should give Jado the GoD theme permanently as that might be the biggest loss in all of this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Jacob Fatu is actually really good but has a criminal record for armed robbery so they won’t sign him. There may be more going on because that seems like a weird excuse though.

I mean, I suppose it could potentially impact the possibility of doing some of their overseas tours, but they've signed guys who's done time in the past, like MVP and Booker T.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Wild that the company owned by the guy whose re-taking power despite numerous constant sexual assault allegations is like "It'd be morally wrong of us to hire a person who stole something"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1glitch0 posted:

Man how bad must he be?

He's good. Very athletic, he'd be above average as far as the WWE roster goes. I assume the criminal record is the only reason he's never had some Japan tours

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

anyone have preferences for which company buys WWE? I'll take p much anything but the Saudis or Disney

Fantasy buyer: Paul Heyman

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kvlt! posted:

anyone have preferences for which company buys WWE? I'll take p much anything but the Saudis or Disney

The Saudis should buy it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Share your favorite Vince moments ITT

remember when Vince was walking up the ramp and Titus playfully grabbed him so Stephanie could go ahead and vince flew into a rage and shoved him and suspended him

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what makes you say that? re: saudis

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I guess I kinda want Paramount? I'd like for their subscription service to live long enough for some of the new Avatar the Last Airbender projects to actually come out in a few years, and having the WWE backlog's a better safety net i guess.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kvlt! posted:

what makes you say that? re: saudis

A company that glorified murderers, covered up child molestation, killed one of its own through negligence and covered up its owner and other executives sexual misconduct for so many years deserves to be owned by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia so its fans can twist themselves into a tighter knot to justify watching it.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

A company that glorified murderers, covered up child molestation, killed one of its own through negligence and covered up its owner and other executives sexual misconduct for so many years deserves to be owned by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia so its fans can twist themselves into a tighter knot to justify watching it.

but theyd probably fire Sami Zayne :thunk:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kvlt! posted:

Oh no he’d wrestle in the good companies

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kvlt! posted:

No Vince is going to keep control so he will protect Sami.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

oldpainless posted:

Share your favorite Vince moments ITT

remember when Vince was walking up the ramp and Titus playfully grabbed him so Stephanie could go ahead and vince flew into a rage and shoved him and suspended him

What makes this even more crazy is Vince was originally going to fire Titus until HHH talked him down and told him that firing Titus (one of their best guys in terms of good publicity and charity work) during Black History Month wouldn't be a good look.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
the cool page

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Oh no he’d wrestle in the good companies

There are no good companies

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

best vince moment is when kevin owens destroyed his brain with a headbutt

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
My favorite vince moment is when he ran out to call the end of the royal rumble and tore both his quads off

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Page 1984

A wrestling boot stamping on a human face

Then

Now

Forever

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Drakkel posted:

Bobson Dognutt and Mike Truk gonna dominate the NXT tag scene

Bron's gonna drop the strap when they sign Sleve McDichael, brother

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kvlt! posted:

Cyberfight.

Give me Sanshiro Takagi controlled WWE.

Otherwise the Saudis are the funniest option for the reasons MRT outlined.

a.lo posted:

There are no good companies

There are wrestling promotions who put on good shows, which I'm pretty sure what's being referred to, rather than a moral judgement.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The funniest option would be that somehow, SOMEHOW, Impact ends up buying the WWE.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Fusient Media Ventures your time has come

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The last time Heyman was in charge the product actually got worse

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Vandar posted:

The funniest option would be that somehow, SOMEHOW, Impact ends up buying the WWE.

Jeff Jarrett buys the WWE in pure Global Force Gold bullion.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

billy corgan buy wwe!!!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Vandar posted:

Ain't

He

Great

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

post hole digger posted:

billy corgan buy wwe!!!

Would rule

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Maybe musk will buy wwe

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Frito-Lay will buy WWE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

Frito-Lay will buy WWE

World Wrestling Entertainment (A Subsidiary of Yum! Foods)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jim Herd is still alive, someone ring him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BrigadierSensible posted:

Vince McMahon is a Rapist and sexual assaulter who has used money and influence to make his crimes go away.

Anything that brings him further success and or notoriety is bad.

All else is frippery and extraneous.

Absolutely.
Who buys WWE is secondary in importance to if they figure out a way to kick him to the curb once the sale is done.