Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

oldskool posted:

figured i'd try it out and make sure i have everything in working order before it's time to get my oasis on.

got a treasure chest stuck on my head, 10/10
Bye bitch.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

all imps lining up to tell that guy he's gettin permabanned

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
: Beat the game

: Defeat Metatron

: Defeat the Four Guardian Beasts

: Defeat Huang Long

Huang Long was the worst, seemed impossible when I first tried then still like 30 minutes long once I knew what to do

Time to do it all one more time :letsgo:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

sourdough posted:

Huang Long was the worst, seemed impossible when I first tried then still like 30 minutes long once I knew what to do

goddamn. I'm plugging away now

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sourdough posted:

drat dude. I’m only like 10 hours in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also I never played beyond or legend of oasis but I shall be making an attempt

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

sourdough posted:

do you sleep

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sourdough posted:

holy poo poo dude good work

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

do you sleep

It was hard to ever put it down cause someone was always close to mastering their next mantra and when they did someone else would be close

Also no lol

sourdough posted:

I played til 5am and had the battle screen in my dreams lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

jesus lol. well done

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
you must defeat huang long to stand a chance

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycophobia posted:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sourdough posted:

"long-term pick" lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mycophobia posted:

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

sourdough posted:

jesus christ, good job. i might just need to pick up the pace

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

: Defeat Cerberus

I wasn't sure if you kill the optional bosses and start a new game if you have to re-beat them again anyway (if you don't master their mantras) so i held off on all of them for now. final boss is a chump.

advice - in the wrecked ship make sure you place things once per floor. dont get up to the 9th floor and have to go back through each floor like i did :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

sourdough posted:

lol god drat good poo poo. i'm excited to see all the optional content in the game now. going to be grinding and noise farming tomorrow :cheers:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rodbeard posted:

I refuse to believe this is a real game and will instead focus on DDS

your loss

Clawmydia
Jan 1, 2023

Strength Serph is a beast. It seems like hunt skills increase with strength and are unaffected by phys resist/null.

This game is taking me a long time to get through. I like to find everything and overprepare in jrpgs. You can have all(?) 3 keys by this point in the game, but getting the red one was a drag.

Clawmydia fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 10, 2023

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
next game is interesting. Not played it or the first one but I know that one shows up a lot in Sega's retro collections

how easy is Saturn emulation, I've got it in my head that it used to be a nightmare but maybe things changed

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Sudden Javelin posted:

next game is interesting. Not played it or the first one but I know that one shows up a lot in Sega's retro collections

how easy is Saturn emulation, I've got it in my head that it used to be a nightmare but maybe things changed

in a pretty good spot nowadays

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
started up dds. just got access to mantras. heat is way too into the idea of eating people

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

started up dds. just got access to mantras. heat is way too into the idea of eating people

It's a good feeling.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sudden Javelin posted:

it's pretty easy nowadays, the mednafen saturn core is pretty accurate and available in both retroarch and bizhawk.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Clawmydia posted:

Strength Serph is a beast. It seems like hunt skills increase with strength and are unaffected by phys resist/null.

This game is taking me a long time to get through. I like to find everything and overprepare in jrpgs. You can have all(?) 3 keys by this point in the game, but getting the red one was a drag.

yeah "hunt" is a separate category of attacks than "physical" and they do way more damage or have a higher instakill chance if the enemy is frightened. That dungeon was the first one I didn't fully explore because it was so long and twisty but I liked the red key puzzle despite encounters happening like every 3 steps inside it

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
:santahurr:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hunt damage is physical almighty more or less

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

theres a mantra called wikipedia and i don't know why. is there a real mantra called wikipedia?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

any reason mmx is until the 10th? i think everyone that was going to play it has played it by now

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

any reason mmx is until the 10th? i think everyone that was going to play it has played it by now

It’s kind of arbitrary but the idea was to get our deadline back onto Tuesdays, I remember some people talking a while back about a weekday deadline working better

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

It’s kind of arbitrary but the idea was to get our deadline back onto Tuesdays, I remember some people talking a while back about a weekday deadline working better

oh ok, makes sense. i beat the game in an afternoon so it was funny to me that we have 10 days for that and 7 days for a game thats like 3 times as long lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

oh ok, makes sense. i beat the game in an afternoon so it was funny to me that we have 10 days for that and 7 days for a game thats like 3 times as long lol

lol yeah coming off the new year was bound to be a little messy. More so because of all the Impo viscera everywhere

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I’m taking my time

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

before you level too much i heard a cool strat for demifiend.

pick the two people you want in your party and the second you get to the luck/magic noise farming areas max both of those stats. then the AI will only put stats into str/agi/vit which are much more of a pain in the rear end to farm

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mbt posted:

before you level too much i heard a cool strat for demifiend.

pick the two people you want in your party and the second you get to the luck/magic noise farming areas max both of those stats. then the AI will only put stats into str/agi/vit which are much more of a pain in the rear end to farm

I read that strategy too so I'm going through ng+ with solo serph as much as possible to keep their levels down. I go through like 50 random fights wiping them instantly with death flies then almost die to a 3 random demon group that only uses basic attacks cause one got a crit lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Defeat Fly Beelzebub

Very tough fight. Had to really level up my mantras and he took a long time to bring down.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

really tough, took 4 tries and some grinding lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

: Finish the game
: Find all the Armor Upgrades
: Find all Sub Tanks and Heart Tanks
: Hadouken!

fun start to the year. thanks for picking, the kins. i played this one a lot as a kid but never beat it before. i would just unlock the hadouken, get to sigma and get bored and start over again. so it’s nice to get closure.