Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

city night is the best winamp color scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Torquemada posted:

I kind of know one of the guys who made Winamp, it's weird how loyal people are to it (not that it isn't great).

I theoretically could try to find a new mp3 player I like or I can stick with what has been a solid choice for me for 25?+ years. Using Winamp takes zero brainpower. It. Just. Works.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Desert Bus posted:

I'm super high, I thought this version came with MilkDrop, but it's not there. The MilkDrop website is just a bunch of dead links aside from the Winamp + MilkDrop link, and this is all seeming very sketchy. Do I want to risk having to find a new "clean" copy of Winamp? It's been like 2 decades can I still trust the MilkDrop people?

If you can't trust the MilkDrop people, who the hell can you trust?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Alaois posted:

I have ADHD and i think people who listen to podcasts sped up are loving alien freakass losers who are trying to speedrun their downtime entertainment

Some alien brain poo poo

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Desert Bus posted:

I'm super high, I thought this version came with MilkDrop, but it's not there. The MilkDrop website is just a bunch of dead links aside from the Winamp + MilkDrop link, and this is all seeming very sketchy. Do I want to risk having to find a new "clean" copy of Winamp? It's been like 2 decades can I still trust the MilkDrop people?

Chocolatey has it.

Also, the winamp forums: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373755

Don't go weird places for your software.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Toshimo posted:

Bento or get out:

this is the only skin worth using

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

Just think if you could go back 15 years and tell yourself that Winamp was the peak media player

:smith:

I switched from foobar2000 back to WACUP (modernized Winamp) a year ago. It doesn't yet support file associations (because modern Windows changed how they work) and has occasional stability issues but works pretty well otherwise.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have adhd and all the people I listen too talk a lot and fast and aren’t slow molasses people

I wouldn’t listen to them and neither should you

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Real TCC Pros had the “Better Living Through Chemicals” plug-in that basically took all the non-super-trippy ones out of Milkdrop so you only had the :catdrugs: in your 2005 dorm room

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I had foobar2000 on a work computer to jam while I was coding and in a meeting where I was sharing my screen an older guy was like "what's that weird alien icon on your taskbar" and one of my coworkers was like "that's foobar2000 it's a music player from like ten years ago"

all I'm saying is Freddie if you're a goon you had good taste in players

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I had foobar2000 on a work computer to jam while I was coding and in a meeting where I was sharing my screen an older guy was like "what's that weird alien icon on your taskbar" and one of my coworkers was like "that's foobar2000 it's a music player from like ten years ago"

all I'm saying is Freddie if you're a goon you had good taste in players

Imagine going this long and not realizing you got dunked on

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I once had to put my former friend/roommate in a headlock because he got super high and decided my antidepressants were "holding me back" and tried to flush them down the toilet. Mind you he couldn't even function without alcohol/weed/cocaine.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Give me this or give me death.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
That playlist is all over the place

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

That playlist is all over the place

The place being late 90s.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The place being late 90s.

True, it would have killed at a junior high dance

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Push El Burrito posted:

Give me this or give me death.

Where did you learn to mix?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My aesthetic is bald men

Smashing Pumpkins, Moby. Powder. You Don't Know Jack. This is my world.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

Voyager I posted:

This is a bizarre thing to get judgmental about.

Though realtalk, it depends a lot on the media. Something that's naturally fast paced or tightly produced isn't an issue and I mostly listen to things that keep me engaged intrinsically, but something like an hour long Youtube rant would have me wishing for death (though I imagine this is exacerbated by Youtube metrics encouraging creators to stretch out their videos).

Why would you listen to something that has you "wishing for death" sped up or at normal speed?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Proper conversation speed depends on everyone in the circle, so what works for a given topic and two individuals will change when adding a third. NTs can tell when someone is dragging down a group chat, it's extremely obvious. Could happen between two people in a group as well. ADHD people have a higher threshold for dopamine in conversations, and you can't say anything to the recorded people when you join in, so you might have to fix their intolerably slow pacing with technology. The result is the intellectually/emotionally valuable conversation that NTs experience from the raw mp3, albeit with more glucose energy spent by the brain

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

My aesthetic is bald men

Smashing Pumpkins, Moby. Powder. You Don't Know Jack. This is my world.

Moby was a poster here under the name "Ugly In The Morning" until they PM'd people to kill themselves.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Why would you listen to something that has you "wishing for death" sped up or at normal speed?

I'm pretty sure they aren't referring to the content, so much as the experience of consuming that content. ADHD can make an otherwise interesting conversation (or anything really) just excruciating to sit through, no matter how much you might live the subject matter. I've never felt a need to speed up something like a podcast, but I can totally understand someone who does need to. However, I tend to often find it unpleasant to have to read text out loud to another person. I'm a very fast reader and having to read aloud forces me to slow down to an uncomfortable degree. I end up in a situation where my brain keeps wanting to jump ahead and read the next paragraph. I've even been told that I'm very good at reading aloud, but it doesn't make the experience of doing so less boring to me.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Desert Bus posted:

Moby was a poster here under the name "Ugly In The Morning" until they PM'd people to kill themselves.
Proof that UitM was Moby? Seems unlikely to me. Not to be a stalker by remembering things but the dude said he lived fairly close to me, and that's not where Moby lives lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Desert Bus posted:

wait is that what happened to UitM, what the gently caress? I think they bought me RE7 on Steam a few years ago and always seemed cool

what the gently caress

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
Not everyone who sucks is Moby

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

OPAONI posted:

Not everyone who sucks is Moby

Sometimes they’re JP Manoux!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

InediblePenguin posted:

Proof that UitM was Moby? Seems unlikely to me. Not to be a stalker by remembering things but the dude said he lived fairly close to me, and that's not where Moby lives lol

It was a bad joke from the Sagas thread that stuck to them like glue. But I can't prove they weren't Moby.

Rockman Reserve posted:

wait is that what happened to UitM, what the gently caress? I think they bought me RE7 on Steam a few years ago and always seemed cool

what the gently caress

Right???

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
did UitM date Natalie Portman?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

did UitM date Natalie Portman?

Did Moby?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

He had some weird fantasy that they did and tried to pass it off as fact. Portman said he was just some old guy and they've only met a few times. Honestly I feel bad for Portman. Multiple guys have left their wives because they deluded themselves into thinking they have a shot with her.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

This derail I accidentally started lasted long enough for me to listen to the entire Lolita podcast and I did not hear about the producer of the Kubrick adaptation being a pedophile when the news broke in 2020

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

grittyreboot posted:

He had some weird fantasy that they did and tried to pass it off as fact. Portman said he was just some old guy and they've only met a few times. Honestly I feel bad for Portman. Multiple guys have left their wives because they deluded themselves into thinking they have a shot with her.

:thejoke:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Also speaking of Moby, remember Spike TV had a show where he was a character that they played off as an effeminate weirdo because he didn't eat meat but once he did he was like super aggressive and cool?

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

A real world friend's older sister dated Moby more than a decade ago. I should ask if Moby was a goon.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ironhead posted:

A real world friend's older sister dated Moby more than a decade ago. I should ask if Moby was a goon.

I didn't think Portman had any siblings.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Moby thought that he was dating Portman, but it was actually her body-double Kiera Knightly.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

Not the first or last time a woman has made that face and tried to wriggle out of Moby’s grip as he gives her a birthday cake.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I AM GRANDO posted:

Not the first or last time a woman has made that face and tried to wriggle out of Moby’s grip as he gives her a birthday cake.

You KNOW that cake is Vegan and probably terrible too.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Desert Bus posted:

You KNOW that cake is Vegan and probably terrible too.

The cake is undoubtedly vegan but you can make delicious vegan cakes now. The "vegan food tastes bland" thing hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Gluten free food can go to chewy cardboard hell, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

credburn posted:

The cake is undoubtedly vegan but you can make delicious vegan cakes now. The "vegan food tastes bland" thing hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Gluten free food can go to chewy cardboard hell, though.

I think that pic is from the 90's