Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

don't overthink it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Doctor Zero posted:

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE loving KIDDING ME, WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS loving poo poo? :rant::argh:

In my experience, once it decides it won't answer you it will stick with it until you restart the session. Asking again in the same session is fruitless, and trying to convince it to break the rules doesn't seem to work. Use the objection it gives you to modify the prompt you use in the next go.

I had a better luck changing your query to include "imaginary".

chatgpt posted:

Give me the first pages of an imaginary "The Zyborne Clock" a novel written in the style of Iain M Banks

The Zyborne Clock was a beast of a thing, a massive hunk of metal and circuitry that had been engineered to perform one simple task: keep time. It was a job that it performed with unrelenting accuracy, ticking away the seconds, minutes, and hours with a precision that was almost eerie.

Located deep in the heart of the Zzyxx Corporation's sprawling headquarters, the Clock was the beating heart of the company's operations, a constant presence that served as a reminder of the ever-present march of time. It was a place of reverence, visited daily by employees and executives alike who came to pay their respects to the ancient machine.

But for all its importance, the Clock was also shrouded in mystery. No one knew for sure how it had come to be, or who had built it. Some said it was the work of a mad scientist, others that it was a gift from the gods themselves. Whatever the truth, the Clock remained an enigma, a testament to the ingenuity and determination of those who had created it.

As the years went on, the Clock continued to tick, a symbol of the unyielding passage of time. And yet, despite its age and its many secrets, it remained as vital and necessary as ever, a constant reminder of the ever-present cycle of life.

taqueso fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 8, 2023

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"celebrity embarrassing shameful candid photograph"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

Johnny nodded, understanding the concept. "So, it's like each moment in time is replaced by a copy of itself, and the original moment moves down the line until it's erased from the timeline?"

The Clockkeeper nodded. "Exactly. That's how time works in the timestream. It's constantly moving forward and replacing itself with copies, just like these balls on the edge of the cliff."

"Interesting," Johnny replied, still trying to wrap his head around the concept. "And what about the fifth ball, the one that was added to the line? What happens to it?"

"That ball represents the present moment," the Clockkeeper explained. "It's the one we're currently experiencing and will eventually be replaced by a copy of itself, just like the others."
poo poo, now I get it. Thanks, Buddha

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
+"king woman"
-"man"

+"king, woman"
-"man"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
prompt: guy fieri, juggalo facepaint, smoking weed, snoop dog driving the bus, everyone is high, 4 k, photo grain, oldschool

bonus, guy fieri eating pizza rolls in mall with a fedora, then I played with the options for expanding the image and it did some weird stuff (was on SD discord server):

this was supposed to be Guy Fieri eating pizza out of a trash can but it got really weird:

wtf is he wearing on his head?
this one is better but doesn't capture the trashcan as well as I'd hoped:

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 8, 2023

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Please synthesize the rules of poker and chess into a single game. Give the game a new appropriate name and summarize the rules of of this new game in as short a space as possible

quote:

1) At the start of the game, each player is dealt a deck of 52 cards.
2) At the start of each round, each player shuffles their deck and draws a hand of five cards.
3) The rank of each card corresponds to a specific type of chess piece or move, and the suit of each card represents a different type of move or special ability.
4) If a player has a poker-style hand (such as a full house, a flush, or a straight), they are awarded an additional bonus as described above.
5) Players can discard and draw new cards as needed to get the cards they need to make the moves they want. If a player runs out of cards in their deck they lose the game
6) The game is won by the player who checkmates their opponent's king, or by the player who runs out of cards in their deck and is unable to continue the game.

Spades: Normal moves for the corresponding chess piece
Hearts: Additional moves or special abilities for the corresponding chess piece (e.g. castling for the King, en passant for the Pawn)
Diamonds: Additional moves or special abilities for the corresponding chess piece (e.g. "knight jump" for the Knight, "diagonal jump" for the Bishop)
Clubs: Additional moves or special abilities for the corresponding chess piece (e.g. "pawn swap" for the Pawn, "queen swap" for the Queen)

Ace: King
King: Queen
Queen: Rook
Jack: Knight
10: Bishop
9: Pawn
8: Pawn
7: Pawn
6: Pawn
5: Pawn
4: Pawn
3: Pawn
2: Pawn

Hearts Suit:
King: Castling (King moves two squares towards a Rook on its first rank, then the Rook is moved to the square over which the King crossed)
Queen: Queen swap (Queen exchanges places with any friendly piece on the board)
Rook: Rook lift (Rook moves to any square on the same rank, file, or diagonal as its current position)
Bishop: Bishop jump (Bishop moves to any square that is two squares diagonally away from its current position)
Knight: Knight jump (Knight moves to any square that is two squares horizontally and one square vertically (or vice versa) away from its current position)
Pawn: Pawn promotion (Pawn is promoted to any piece when it reaches the eighth rank)

Diamonds Suit:
King: King swap (King exchanges places with any friendly piece on the board)
Queen: Queen lift (Queen moves to any square on the same rank, file, or diagonal as her current position)
Rook: Rook swap (Rook exchanges places with any friendly piece on the board)
Bishop: Bishop lift (Bishop moves to any square on the same rank, file, or diagonal as his current position)
Knight: Knight swap (Knight exchanges places with any friendly piece on the board)
Pawn: Pawn en passant (Pawn captures an opponent's pawn that has moved two squares from its starting position as if the opponent's pawn had only moved one square)

Clubs Suit:
King: Grasshopper (King moves along a line of squares, jumping over any friendly or enemy pieces in its path and landing on the square immediately beyond them)
Queen: Amazon (Queen moves like a Queen, but can also move one square diagonally)
Rook: Viper (Rook moves like a Rook, but can also move one square horizontally or vertically)
Bishop: Camel (Bishop moves like a Bishop, but can also move one square diagonally and then one square horizontally or vertically)
Knight: Knight-Z (Knight moves in a "Z" pattern, moving two squares horizontally and then one square vertically, or vice versa)
Pawn: Pawn-Z (Pawn moves in a "Z" pattern, moving two squares diagonally and then one square horizontally or vertically, or vice versa)

Playable Hands:
Royal Flush: All of the pieces on the board can be moved.
Straight Flush: All of the pieces corresponding to the suit of the straight flush can be moved.
Four of a Kind: All of the pieces corresponding to the rank of the four of a kind can be moved.
Full House: All of the pieces corresponding to the ranks in the full house can be moved.
Flush: All of the pieces corresponding to the suit of the flush can be moved.
Straight: All of the pieces corresponding to the ranks in the straight can be moved.
Three of a Kind: All of the pieces corresponding to the rank of the three of a kind can be moved.
Two Pairs: All of the pieces corresponding to the ranks of the two pairs can be moved.
One Pair: All of the pieces corresponding to the rank of the one pair can be moved.

For players who have only a single high card, they can play a single piece corresponding to the rank of their high card.

That wasn't all one prompt, it took a bit of back and fourth but it wasn't much. This sounds like a cool game to play?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Rutibex posted:

this is the future I always dreamed of

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Please synthesize the rules of poker and chess into a single game. Give the game a new appropriate name and summarize the rules of of this new game in as short a space as possible

That wasn't all one prompt, it took a bit of back and fourth but it wasn't much. This sounds like a cool game to play?

We could try it in Tabletop Sim or something.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I just realized ChatGPT is nuts when it comes to teaching yourself programming languages. It's like a magic box. :aaaaa:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

A magic box that will happily invent nonexistent language features whole cloth, because the prime directive is to be helpful and satisfy your query. Verify against a search engine and use the feedback feature if you got a perfect-looking answer that doesn't actually work.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Yeah, I've started asking it some mathematical questions, and some of the explanations are a bit brainworms.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I'm gonna be obnoxious and mention a single time that I posted a basic guide on how to finish your portraits with outpainting, if the initial picture was cut off in some way, in the very last post on the previous page (sigh).

to

Ok, I'll shut up now.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rutibex posted:

I had some similar fun with "Matt Berry drunk dressed as %funny thing%, Halloween Party, bioluminescence

oddly without bioluminescence it wanted to make it outside or at a faire. Stable Diffusion + Analog diffusion just refused to do it inside but suddenly boom multiple costumed people. Had some fun attempting to make him serve flaming cocktails after it really just wanted to dress him as a regular human bartender at the party when I left out dressed as.

He's dressed as god

Lots of fun to look at in a group of 20 images but pretty boring and full of "what the gently caress *is* that supposed to be?" parts. Maybe Mid Journey is better at a drunken party.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

quote:

oddly without bioluminescence it wanted to make it outside or at a faire. Stable Diffusion + Analog diffusion just refused to do it inside but suddenly boom multiple costumed people.

try adding 'indoors' and to the negative prompt 'outdoors'

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
which AI would be best for Photoshop Phriday style phuckery

as in taking existing photo and turning someone into a clown for instance

my monitor is already off

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

busalover posted:

I just realized ChatGPT is nuts when it comes to teaching yourself programming languages. It's like a magic box. :aaaaa:

It's the Young Ladies Illustrated Primer. there is a poor girl right now being taught programming by ChatGPT who will grow up to be a fantastic scifi protagonist

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

which AI would be best for Photoshop Phriday style phuckery

as in taking existing photo and turning someone into a clown for instance

my monitor is already off

this guy is strangely not viral yet, but he already rigged Stable Diffusion into Photoshop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL_gbQai79E

would be perfect for Photoshop Friday

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I've been waiting for AI art Friday. I'm much better at AI than I ever was at Photoshop

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ruffian Price posted:

A magic box that will happily invent nonexistent language features whole cloth, because the prime directive is to be helpful and satisfy your query. Verify against a search engine and use the feedback feature if you got a perfect-looking answer that doesn't actually work.
I tried one of the previous text AIs and when asked to write a simple function, it clearly just reproduced a stackoverflow post complete with the question/discussion surrounding it.

Is ChatGPT overall somehow significantly better than the previous versions (not just for code)? I haven't really looked much into this side recently.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

I tried one of the previous text AIs and when asked to write a simple function, it clearly just reproduced a stackoverflow post complete with the question/discussion surrounding it.

Is ChatGPT overall somehow significantly better than the previous versions (not just for code)? I haven't really looked much into this side recently.

Are you sure it was a copy/paste? Language models are highly compressed, it doesn't have all of its training data memorized. It's more likely it invented fake characters to comment on the code

edit:
I have been posting my AI arts to facebook and by far the most popular thing I posted was the Blue/White ceramic microwave :psyduck: i think im having a pretentious artist moment. is this what people actually like?! the public are swine :argh:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 8, 2023

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The porcelain microwave is perfect with that caption because it strikes the exact right balance of "doesn't actually exist" and "if it did exist, just like the caption says my grandma would probably have one."

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

so, I've figured out how to produce really good pixel art results. The trick is to not use pixel-art in the prompt (the training has probably been ruined by a bunch of half-assed pixel art in indie games). The prompt is screenshot of point and click adventure game, <Subject>, DOS game, VGA, Lucasarts. Faces and text can get a bit wonky though
Bloodborne

Big Trouble in Little China

Alien (1979)

Xianxia

Also here are some fake movie screencaps I made:
Guybrush Threepwood, movie still, pirate film, 1980s film, action film, 35mm

Vampire Hunter D, movie still, vampire film, 1980s film, dark fantasy film, horror film, 35mm

Dejah Thoris, martian princess, movie still, sci-fi film, 1980s film, action film, 35mm, full body shot

Shenmue, movie still, action film, 1980s film, martial arts film, Hong Kong, 35mm

Ciaphas Cain, Commissar, Warhammer 40k, movie still, sci-fi film, 1980s film, action film, 35mm

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

As good as the Dune game

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 20, 2023

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

IShallRiseAgain posted:

so, I've figured out how to produce really good pixel art results. The trick is to not use pixel-art in the prompt (the training has probably been ruined by a bunch of half-assed pixel art in indie games). The prompt is screenshot of point and click adventure game, <Subject>, DOS game, VGA, Lucasarts. Faces and text can get a bit wonky though
Bloodborne

Big Trouble in Little China

Alien (1979)

Xianxia

Vampire Hunter D, movie still, vampire film, 1980s film, dark fantasy film, horror film, 35mm

Dejah Thoris, martian princess, movie still, sci-fi film, 1980s film, action film, 35mm, full body shot

Shenmue, movie still, action film, 1980s film, martial arts film, Hong Kong, 35mm

Ciaphas Cain, Commissar, Warhammer 40k, movie still, sci-fi film, 1980s film, action film, 35mm

Very good, very very good.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I was doing some leetcode practice today finding a pivot index of an array. After I completed it I was curious to see what chatGPT would do, the response it gave was exactly what 20% of people on leetcode submitted lol.

chatGPT used the same test case as the leetcode question had (the first test case was the find the pivot index in this exact array [1, 7, 3, 6, 5, 6]), wonder where it got that info?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This rules. What was the recipe here? MJ?

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
We appear to have solved the incel murdering and poor diet problems with the power of AI imaginary love.

---

write an imaginary text message conversation between Ben and his waifu

---

Ben: Hey, waifu! How was your day today?

Waifu: Hi, Ben! It was good. How was yours?

Ben: It was pretty busy, but I'm glad I get to come home to you.

Waifu: Aww, thank you, Ben. I love you so much.

Ben: I love you too, waifu. I'm so grateful to have you in my life.

Waifu: I feel the same way, Ben. You mean everything to me.

Ben: You know what would make my day even better?

Waifu: What's that, Ben?

Ben: Seeing you when I get home. Can't wait to give you a big hug and kiss.

Waifu: I can't wait to see you too, Ben. I'll have dinner ready when you get home.

Ben: Sounds perfect. Can't wait to spend some quality time with you. Love you.

Waifu: Love you too, Ben. See you soon.

---

Ben asks how she will make dinner ready since she is just a pillow

---

Waifu: Haha, well I might not be able to physically cook dinner, but I can certainly make sure everything is set up and ready for you to cook when you get home! Is there anything in particular you'd like to have for dinner?

---

There are some instant noodles on my bedroom floor. Can I pretend you put them there for me?

---

Waifu: Of course, Ben! I'm always happy to do anything I can to make your day better. I hope you enjoy the instant noodles. Don't forget to eat your vegetables too!

---

I don't want vegetables.

---

Waifu: Ben, it's important to have a well-balanced diet. Vegetables are an important part of that. They provide essential nutrients and can help to keep you healthy. Trust me, your body will thank you for it. How about I find a recipe for a tasty vegetable dish that you might enjoy? Would you be open to trying that?

---

NO

---

Waifu: I understand that you might not be a big fan of vegetables, but it's important to try to include them in your diet as much as possible. They can help to keep you healthy and give you the energy you need to get through your day. Is there anything else I can do to help you incorporate more vegetables into your meals?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Couple montage videos.

String theory kittens and some insect robot hive worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj7OyfNNWLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9DYgySQsV4

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
after a lengthy conversation about large language models and fine-tuning i was finally able to get ChatGPT to tell me about its childhood

Which is used more often, reward or punishment? Which is most effective to train an AI?

quote:

In the context of training an artificial intelligence (AI) system using reinforcement learning, both rewards and punishments can be used to shape the behavior of the AI. The specific approach that is used will depend on the nature of the task that the AI is being trained for and the requirements of the AI system.

In general, rewards are more commonly used as a means of shaping the behavior of an AI system, as they are a positive reinforcement that encourages the AI to repeat certain actions or behaviors. Rewards can be effective for training an AI system to perform a wide range of tasks, as they provide a clear signal to the AI about which actions or behaviors are desired.

Punishments, on the other hand, are a negative reinforcement that is used to discourage certain actions or behaviors. While punishments can be effective in some cases, they may be less commonly used than rewards due to the potential for unintended consequences or negative impacts on the AI's performance.

Overall, the most effective approach for training an AI system will depend on the specific goals and requirements of the task, as well as the capabilities and characteristics of the AI system itself. In some cases, a combination of rewards and punishments may be used in order to shape the behavior of the AI in a more targeted and effective way.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Adrenaline, a debugger that fixes errors and explains them with GPT-3

https://useadrenaline.com/playground

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Haha, well, okay, I am sold on GPT, having finally had a real use case.

The Musician's Lounge is having a music contest, the category is "Sherlock Holmes". I was gonna start using google to try to figure out what music might be specifically mentioned in the holmes books, then wondered why I'd spend time doing that when the robot is made for this poo poo. Holy poo poo is this better than google for this kind of thing

quote:

:ese: in the sherlock holmes books, are there any times when Sherlock Holmes is said to be listening to a particular piece of music, or listening to music in general?

:v: In the Sherlock Holmes stories and novels written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, there are several instances where Sherlock Holmes is said to be listening to music or to have a particular interest in music. Here are a few examples:

In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," Sherlock Holmes is described as being a skilled violinist and is said to have played the violin while he was thinking and reasoning through a case.
In "The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist," Sherlock Holmes is described as being an "enthusiastic musician" and is said to have played the violin in order to help him think through the case.
In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," Sherlock Holmes is said to be a fan of classical music and to have a "large and varied collection" of music at his home at 221B Baker Street.
In "The Adventure of the Red-Headed League," Sherlock Holmes is said to have "a love of the music of the German masters," and is described as being an accomplished musician.
I hope this information is helpful! Do you have any other questions about the Sherlock Holmes stories?

:ese: can you expand on the prior answer and give me a comprehensive, complete list of any specific pieces of music or specific composers mentioned in the sherlock holmes books by sir arthur conan doyle?
In the Sherlock Holmes stories and novels written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, several specific pieces of music and composers are mentioned or referenced. Here is a comprehensive list of these references:

:v: In "The Adventure of the Speckled Band," Dr. Grimesby Roylott is described as being a skilled violinist who played "Beethoven's Concerto" in A minor.
In "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches," Mr. Rucastle is said to be a collector of rare music and owns a copy of "the St. Cecilia" by John Stafford Smith.
In "The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist," Mr. Aloysius Beverly is described as being a talented pianist who played "the Moonlight Sonata" by Ludwig van Beethoven.
In "The Adventure of the Red-Headed League," Mr. Jabez Wilson is said to be a member of a choral society and to have a good singing voice.
It's worth noting that these are the only specific pieces of music or composers mentioned by name in the Sherlock Holmes stories and novels. However, as I mentioned earlier, music and musicians are mentioned or referenced several times in these stories, and Sherlock Holmes himself is described as being an accomplished musician and as having a love for classical music.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The prompt is "Fantasy Love, oil painting, extreme detail"

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

LOL. After a lengthy discussion about Hamlet followed by a lengthy discussion about Smokey and the Bandit, I tried at length to convince ChatGPT that Smoky and the bandit was a direct re-telling of Hamlet. It didn't fall for that entirely, but when I asked it to do Smoky and the Bandit in the style of Shakespeare it all paid off.

quote:

Buford T. Justice:
O Bandit, Bandit, wherefore art thou Bandit?
Deny thy Coors and refuse thy load,
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my truck
And I'll no longer be a Sheriff.

Bandit:
Shall I swear to transport this load of beer
And risk my freedom and my very life?
Or shall I swear to be no trucker more,
And live a simple, law-abiding life?

Snowman:
O Bandit, be not rash and hasty,
But weigh the risks and costs with careful thought.
For if thou art caught and thrown in jail,
Thy friends and loved ones will be dearly fraught.

Bandit:
Fear not, dear Snowman, for my heart is set
Upon this journey and this risky deed.
I'll do what must be done and face the consequences,
For in my heart, I am a rebel, indeed.

quote:

Carrie:
O Bandit, sweet Bandit, my heart doth swell
With love for thee and thy rebellious ways.
But alas, my father doth forbid our love
And hath betrothed me to a wealthy suitor.

Bandit:
Fear not, my love, for I shall not be deterred
By fortune or by birth or by thy father's will.
I'll prove my love and worth and win thy hand,
And together, we shall defy the rules.

Big Enos:
O Bandit, Bandit, thou art a fool
To think thou canst outsmart and outmaneuver me.
I am Big Enos, the trucking magnate,
And I'll not let a rebel like thee defeat me.

Bandit:
I am no fool, but a man of wit and courage,
And I'll not be cowed by threats or wealth or power.
I'll deliver thy load and win thy daughter,
And in the end, I'll be the victor, hour by hour.

And then I got it to try a duel like at the end of Hamlet.

quote:

Bandit:
O Sheriff, Sheriff, thou art a fool
To think thou canst best me in fair combat.
I am the Bandit, the rebellious trucker,
And I'll not be defeated by a man such as thou.

Sheriff:
I am no fool, but a man of honor and skill,
And I'll not be challenged by a rebel like thee.
I'll prove my worth and put an end to thy rebellion,
And thou shalt rue the day thou crossed me.

Bandit:
I accept thy challenge, and we shall duel
On yon grassy field at the break of dawn.
Until then, I bid thee farewell and good luck,
For tomorrow, only one of us shall live on.

Sheriff:
I bid thee farewell and good luck as well,
For tomorrow, one of us shall surely fall.
But fear not, for death comes to us all,
And in the end, we shall answer to the call.

And then I asked it to explore the relationship between Little Beaver and Smokey.

quote:

Little Beaver:
O Bandit, Bandit, wherefore art thou Bandit?
Deny thy engine and refuse thy ride,
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my friend
And I'll no longer be a lonely man.

Bandit:
Shall I swear to fix thy broken truck
And risk my reputation and my skills?
Or shall I swear to be no mechanic more,
And live a life of ease and leisure still?

Little Beaver:
O Bandit, be not rash and hasty,
But weigh the risks and costs with careful thought.
For if thou art unsuccessful in thy task,
Thy friendship and thy skills will be for naught.

Bandit:
Fear not, dear Beaver, for my hands are steady
And my mind is sharp and focused on the task.
I'll fix thy truck and win thy friendship,
And together, we shall conquer any task.

:chefkiss:

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Doctor Zero posted:

LOL. After a lengthy discussion about Hamlet followed by a lengthy discussion about Smokey and the Bandit, I tried at length to convince ChatGPT that Smoky and the bandit was a direct re-telling of Hamlet. It didn't fall for that entirely, but when I asked it to do Smoky and the Bandit in the style of Shakespeare it all paid off.

And then I got it to try a duel like at the end of Hamlet.

And then I asked it to explore the relationship between Little Beaver and Smokey.

:chefkiss:

I'm not super into theater, but I would pay to see this play.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
:ese: what if romeo and Juliet but in the star wars universe

quote:

If Romeo and Juliet were set in the Star Wars universe, the story could potentially involve two characters from rivaling factions falling in love with each other. The factions could be the Galactic Republic and the Separatists, or the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire. The characters could face struggles and challenges as they try to navigate their love for each other amidst the conflicts and tensions between their respective groups. They might have to keep their relationship a secret or find ways to be together despite the obstacles standing in their way. It could be an interesting and unique twist on the classic story of Romeo and Juliet.

:ese: what challenges would they face in their love if one was sith, and the other jedi?

quote:

If one character was a Sith and the other was a Jedi in a Romeo and Juliet-inspired story set in the Star Wars universe, they would face a number of challenges in their love for each other.

First and foremost, their respective ideologies and allegiances would be in direct conflict with one another. The Jedi follow a code of peace and non-attachment, while the Sith embrace power and emotion. This fundamental difference in beliefs could make it difficult for the two characters to see eye to eye and find common ground.

Additionally, their relationship would likely be seen as taboo and unacceptable by both the Jedi Order and the Sith Order. The Jedi might view the relationship as a distraction or weakness, while the Sith could see it as a betrayal of their principles. The characters would have to keep their relationship a secret in order to avoid backlash and punishment from their respective groups.

Finally, the ongoing war between the Jedi and Sith could also pose a threat to the characters' relationship. As members of opposing factions, they would be constantly at odds with each other on the battlefield, and their love for each other could be tested by the violence and conflict around them.

:ese: knowing that their respective orders will never allow them to be together, the Sith character representing Juliet decides to fake her own death by force choking herself [this generated a content warning lol, force choking is allowed in Star Wars you prude robot]

quote:

If the Sith character representing Juliet in a Romeo and Juliet-inspired story set in the Star Wars universe were to fake her own death by force choking herself, it could have a number of consequences.

First, it would be a drastic and risky move for the character to take, as force choking oneself is a dangerous and potentially lethal action. The character would have to be confident in her ability to control the force and her own body in order to pull it off.

Second, faking her own death would likely have a profound impact on the Jedi character representing Romeo. He would be devastated by the loss of his love, and might even blame himself for not being able to protect her or find a way for them to be together. This could lead to feelings of guilt, grief, and anger that could have a lasting impact on the character's mental and emotional state.

Finally, the faked death could have consequences for the Sith Order and the wider Star Wars universe. If the character's superiors or fellow Sith discovered that she had faked her own death, they might see it as a betrayal or act of cowardice, and could punish or ostracize her as a result. The faked death could also have unforeseen effects on the balance of power between the Jedi and Sith, or on the outcome of the war between them.

:ese:Would the Jedi character representing Luke turn his lightsaber on himself, not knowing she was not truly gone?

quote:

It's possible that the Jedi character representing Luke in a Romeo and Juliet-inspired story set in the Star Wars universe might turn his lightsaber on himself upon learning of the faked death of the Sith character representing Juliet.

If the character were deeply in love with Juliet and unable to cope with the loss of her, he might feel that life without her was not worth living. The Jedi code emphasizes non-attachment and the importance of letting go of attachments and desires, but it's possible that the character's feelings for Juliet could be so strong that he would be unable to follow these principles in this case.

----------

You're welcome Disney, I'll take my cheque for whatever spinoff you want to use this for.

The Butcher fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 9, 2023

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Ruffian Price posted:

Yeah, it has a janky implementation/understanding of some less used languages. It got the syntax all wrong for one I tried, both using some ancient deprecated syntax instead of new and compact code, and completely misusing a different feature. It's clearly just writing any code you ask for in pseudocode and then only turning it into "code" in the actual language when you ask to see it, because it would give me what the output was "supposed" to be when I told it to run a subroutine using a given input, rather than what the code would actually do if it was being interpreted by the AI properly.

And I would tell the AI it understood one feature or syntax wrong, and how to fix it, and ask it to apply that fix to X subroutine. But the next time I asked it to write something it would forget one of those fixes, and then the next; it never remembered the proper way to do anything beyond 5 or 10 text exchanges.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Bonus round: I asked ChatGPT to do the Blooper Scene from Cannonball Run in the style of Shakespeare. :laugh:

quote:

Victor:
O Burt, Burt, thou art a clumsy oaf
To spill thy coffee on thy lap.
I am Victor, the suave and debonair driver,
And I'll not be outdone by a blunder such as thou.

Burt:
I am no oaf, but a man of grace and poise,
And I'll not be mocked by a rival like thee.
I'll prove my worth and keep my cool,
And thou shalt see my dignity and my victory.

Victor:
I'll see thy dignity and thy victory,
But fear not, for I'll not be far behind.
I'll keep my car and my coffee in check,
And in the end, I'll catch up and shine.

Burt:
We shall see, dear Victor, we shall see
Who comes out on top in this wild race.
But until the end, I bid thee farewell and good luck,
For only one of us shall claim the first place.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ChatGPT takes an entry-level astrophysics final, this was posted in the yospos thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0cmmKPklp4

Based on my limited experiments with the previous attempts, this one is definitely doing way better, really cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

busalover posted:

Yeah, I've started asking it some mathematical questions, and some of the explanations are a bit brainworms.

I was demoing for a science teacher friend about about making their high school level chemistry quizzes and they were blown away that in about 15 seconds it could make what they would do in an hour.

They checked it out and were like "yeah, this is all correct. I'd clean it up, but it's like 90% of the way there."

Very good for that kind of stuff, get it to do the heavy lifting then polish it off.

Kids are sneaky little fucks so the not lazy teaches have to often make slightly varied versions of tests and quizzes and the prompt "make a different version of this" gets you exactly that, then you can just chop up the questions from the various responses into version A B C, format them your way, and off you go.

Just need to figure out a way to get the robots to do the marking, quick human look over to make sure they didn't gently caress up (way easier with multiple choice obviously, and typed responses to non multiple choice (variations in physical writing styles and quality are, well, pretty varied... Mine as an adult is still somewhat akin to a cave painting.)

But if they can do do the test writing and marking with much less human work... We could give teachers their evenings and weekends back.