Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I thought icke had passed, was I thinking of another lizard conspiracy dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Egglon Musk posted:

1000’s of small stations the size of a single parking space that take you very close to your destination & blend seamlessly into the fabric of a city, rather than a small number of big stations like a subway

aka a bus stop...

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Macdoo posted:

The Tesla loop has drivers 💀 it's literally a line of Ubers in a tube. It somehow manages to be worse than every other form of transport including walking and cycling.

Elon Musk posted:

IT IS NOT AN UBER...!!!

Edit: Tuber..?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

The Saddest Rhino posted:

:tinfoil: that's just what what (((they))) wanted you to think :tinfoil:

Weird how this grace only applies to antisemites and fascists and not to journalists :confused: idgi elmo you were supposed to freeze my peach

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Macdoo posted:

The Tesla loop has drivers 💀 it's literally a line of Ubers in a tube. It somehow manages to be worse than every other form of transport including walking and cycling.

I'm trying to think of a way to make it worse and more inefficient (without going full troll with a non-good-faith attempt). Like, using one-person vehicles maybe. Gasoline-powered Segways that you have to steer yourself but can't leave the system

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

David Dees, maybe? Political cartoonist rather than a public speaker.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

mom mom i want to ride the fire-tunnel

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Castor Poe posted:

Lmao at Elon bringing back David Icke.

lol what he get banned from twitter for?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MrMario2011/status/1611965552112574464

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The trout pouting reminds Elon of Grimes, therefore warned.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
User claims to love and want jerky motions but does not offer a horse.

Concerning.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
At first I thought it was the video where they'd got Alexa to fart and whisper for them and wired it through the trout but it's just this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRxhgxH6FUI

I can't find any video of a fish doing the Alexa fart for me thing. Did I just imagine it?

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jan 8, 2023

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kru posted:

Rampston chuds here, embarrassing themselves

I'm from New Inclineville and I say kill 'em all!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol have we looped back to "Please check your spam folder for the 'you're fired' email"?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/KConnerWriter/status/1611811856276156417

What..

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How about a people mover

Just a moving sidewalk

Maybe up on tall poles in the clouds like in the Jetsons

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Elysiume posted:

David Dees, maybe? Political cartoonist rather than a public speaker.

Ah yeah that's the one

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

As a bazinga, I can confirm I have no time for contemplation when walking as I have to QWOP the entire time so I don't fall over. And that's before even THINKING about breathing!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Been reading science fiction since I was 10 years old and this whole underground car transport thing is so dumb it's not even scifi. Just...idiotic and unworkable. Cities don't stop under surface level; there are building supports/parking garages/sewers/other infrastructure below ground that would make any sort of road system with multiple exits impossible.
Toronto's spent decades just trying to figure out how to add 1 subway line downtown because there are so many obstructions preventing it from being dug.

Data Graham posted:

How about a people mover

Just a moving sidewalk

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 8, 2023

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Once the hype dies down I bet those strobe lights will be replaced by billboards or something similar.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

Holy poo poo this is so incredibly dumb. I thought these stupid contraptions were at least supposed to help Americans with their fear of strangers but they're gonna be closer to them than on a bus.

Worse than a bus, way worse than a train and frankly worse than walking for anyone other than Americans cuz I guess the street is where you get shot at?

dookieblunt
Jan 6, 2023

shoot the core!
I think its due time that Tesla added Warioware Twisted to their cars. You could even use the steering wheel to play!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

dlrry posted:

I think its due time that Tesla added Warioware Twisted to their cars. You could even use the steering wheel to play!

Issuing correction on this post, please do NOT play Mario or touch the wheel while inside the HYPERTUNNEL

HYPERTUNNEL is currently closed due to an operational matter please check twitter for uodates

Melissa McCarthyism
Jan 18, 2007

This guy has never left his house.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

dlrry posted:

Working on it

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Elon doesn’t care about scaling because the only target market in his mind is Bay Area VC guys

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

kiminewt posted:

Holy poo poo this is so incredibly dumb. I thought these stupid contraptions were at least supposed to help Americans with their fear of strangers but they're gonna be closer to them than on a bus.
Closer, and with more of an implied need for small talk. Like if there are a bunch of people on an elevator, you're all quiet. You and one other person? Awkward small talk.

No sir, I don't care for this Hyperloop one bit.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

You can either invest in society to improve health, education and the justice system.

Or you can pay a poo poo ton more to hide into tunnels because you're a strong independent free mole people American.

And then you die trapped in a Tesla fire. That's the whole dream.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

dlrry posted:

Mite put it on the menu.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

How about a people mover

Just a moving sidewalk

I was thinking more Caves of Steel tier'd speed ribbons so you can step from one to another until you reach the maximum velocity your pathetic body can handle.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Someone mentioned earlier that these two tunnels have no emergency exits. Is that not illegal in US?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

they need to at least have some guts and faith in the brand, no drivers, all AI with max aggressive mode. No human ushers either

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
A moving walkway would have been so much better. Put it underground even.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Oh yeah, you definitely won't sweat like a pig in Vegas if you're just standing around! Only walking for an excruciating 20 whole minutes could work up a sweat. It's not like it's in a loving desert or anything.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, there's a million better options but I also thought of that, as that's what you'll see in like airports. Because I'm bored I decided to check it out.

You can get a quote for a walkway on alibaba but I found an article from 10 years ago from some Spanish village which paid 3.7 million Euro for 150m of walkway as this would be a more realistic cost including all construction: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-07-05/filling-a-city-with-moving-walkways-is-this-a-good-idea

The tunnel is almost exactly 10 times longer (which is kind of long for a walkway tbh) so that would be 37 million or about the same 50 for the dumbass tunnel. Except of course you wouldn't need to buy dozens of car and pay drivers to drive them in circles.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

PostNouveau posted:

A swan boat tunnel of love is a more serious and efficient transportation method than the Tesla tunnel

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkg7dp1QY9k

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Love indubitably

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if a bunch of people don't storm that goofy fuckin waste of a thing dressed as oompa loompas i will fuckin give up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1611891871512514560

good insight Elon thank you