Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Lorna Miller on Rishi Sunak’s response to the UK’s problems – The prime minister is under mounting pressure from within and beyond his party to tackle industrial unrest and immigration"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Harry and Meghan documentary 'like fairytale of scheming Royals plotting to crush poor Cinderella'

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon Christmas special.

Evening Standard:

Christmas strikes ‘to cost London £2 billion’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak and striking nurses — Rishi Sunak is under growing pressure to negotiate with striking nurses after four former Conservative ministers joined health service leaders to call for a way out of the escalating dispute"

Telegraph:

New Year train strikes all but certain to go ahead as talks put on pause

Matt:

Independent:

Scramble to free up hospital beds ahead of ambulance strike; After Charles Green.

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak and the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future – ’Tis the season to be confronted with PPE contracts, strikes and austerity"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Probably shouldn't have counted those French hens before they hatched

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on fat cats in fine fettle – Richest Britons thrive under Rishi Sunak while struggling nurses strike"

Telegraph:

Times:

King Charles’s Christmas speech recorded before Harry’s latest Netflix documentary

Evening Standard:

:sun: Emergency services braced for flooding as big thaw continues :supaburn:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the new winter of discontent – The government has said it will remain ‘resolute’ on pay for nurses despite the potential for further strikes in January"

Telegraph:

Matt:

We are not spare capacity for strikes, says Armed Forces head

Times:

Take car in emergency during 999 strike, says cabinet minister

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Tory priorities: NHS v coronation – Rishi Sunak is refusing to budge on pay for health workers as strikes continue. Meanwhile, plans are under way for the king’s coronation next year"

Telegraph:

Specials lead singer Terry Hall dies aged 63 following brief illness

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Donald Trump must face criminal charges, says Capitol riot committee

Evening Standard:

Unions furious as Health Secretary says they have ‘chosen to inflict harm’

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off blower you bag of rancid dog cunts, how loving dare you

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the health secretary’s claims about NHS unions – Unison and Unite have accused Steve Barclay of lying when he accused unions of obstructing strike-day contingency planning"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Britons urged not to get drunk and avoid ‘risky activity’ during ambulance strike

Times:

Last month: Manston migrants centre emptied after outbreaks of infections

Evening Standard:

"The Standard View: Ukraine stands on the front line of the right to self-determination – we must continue to support it"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak v the ambulance strikes — The NHS is bracing itself for an influx of patients between now and Christmas after thousands of people deferred seeking treatment during the ambulance workers’ strike on Wednesday"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Driving examiner strike: December 2022 and January 2023

Independent:

Last month: Could Nigel Farage come back to haunt British politics once again? After John Leech.

Times:

Zelensky echoes Churchill as he tells Congress: We will never surrender

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the government’s pay offers to striking workers – Ministers have reiterated they will not contemplate pay rises above those recommended by the public sector pay review bodies"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Avoid grandparents if you have flu, public told ahead of Christmas

Independent:

After Goya.

Times:

Scotland gender recognition reform bill approved in vote :toot:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
the spirit of goodwill eh :cripes:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No such thing mate. Charlie Dickens was some sort of pre-communist and a christmas carol is just prototypical woke propaganda.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings looks back at 2022 – From the death of Queen Elizabeth II to Will Smith’s Oscar-night antics, it’s been another year of incredible and surreal news stories"

Yesterday's Times:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Can you spot the 12 deliberate mistakes in this Christmas cartoon? Click here for the answers.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on King Charles and Rishi Sunak’s Christmas messages – The PM volunteered at a soup kitchen and called public servants, while the king spoke of the cost of living crisis"

Telegraph:

Times:

EDIT: David Squires:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 27, 2022

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s VIP lane – The NHS is facing months of disruption early next year as health unions ramp up their campaign of strikes in protest against the government’s ‘pitiful’ pay award"

Telegraph:

Jeremy Hunt's stealth taxes to hit middle-class families over 10 years :derp:

Times:

US weather: at least 34 dead in ‘bomb cyclone’ blizzard

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on a new year for Ukraine – Russian forces are continuing their bombardment of the recently liberated city of Kherson, launching numerous strikes on Tuesday and Wednesday that hit targets including the maternity ward of a hospital"

Telegraph:

Times:

US to impose Covid curbs on travellers from China

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on Rishi Sunak’s year ahead – Prime minister faces bruising 2023 as UK struggles with cost of living crisis and multiple strikes"

Telegraph:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on China’s Covid policy – Covid cases in China continue to surge after Beijing’s abrupt decision to end most of its strict pandemic restrictions"

Telegraph:

Pelé, footballing genius who won the World Cup three times and was hailed as the greatest player in history – obituary

The i paper:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

And on a personal note, thank you all for reading this thread and I hope you have a super-tremendous 2023! :yayclod:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Thank you for your dedication!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Yeah, seriously, I always read this thread even if I don't post because I don't have anything to add. Thanks for keeping it always up to date.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

And on a personal note, thank you all for reading this thread and I hope you have a super-tremendous 2023! :yayclod:
Here's to another 12 months of screaming furiously at the worst takes from the biggest dipshits :toot:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Most of the time the only thing I have to contribute is fury, generic fury at that, but I always read. Thank you!

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Thanks for keeping the thread going Cloud Potato, Happy New Year! :yayclod:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I can only agree with everyone else here, thank you for this cloud potato, on my darkest most stressed days it's the only place I can face getting the news from and I massivly appreciate the work that goes into this.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:yayclod: Thank you all for the kind words. Anyone got any thread title ideas?

Observer:

"Welcome to 2023. Feeling confident? – Rishi Sunak’s sunlit uplands await us. Just beware the austerity detour"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings: a bumpy start to 2023 – Industrial disputes across multiple sectors present Rishi Sunak with some tough challenges going into the new year"

Telegraph:

Times:

"The Times view on Labour’s electoral chances: Starmer’s Progress"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ella Baron on headaches for Britain in 2023 – A sea of troubles loom for Britannia as the new year begins"

Telegraph:

Rail strikes set to push return to work back by a week

Times:

Health chiefs clash over warning that delays are killing 500 a week

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on a new year of industrial action — Passengers face another week of barely functioning train services as railway staff strike for five consecutive days, amid claims that rail companies are ‘in despair’ over the government’s handling of the pay dispute"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak’s crackdown on strikes could be six months away

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Publishers spare no expense in stopping leaks of Prince Harry’s book

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak to set out ‘maths to 18’ plan in first speech of the year

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
“You’ll never have a calculator on you outside of school”. The tories, 2023

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s plan for extra maths lessons – The prime minister used his first speech of 2023 to announce plans for all pupils in England to study maths up to the age of 18"

Telegraph:

Matt:

:sun: Alpine ski holidays at risk as 20C temperatures mean there’s no snow :supaburn:

Independent:

Times:

Shortage of maths teachers threatens Rishi Sunak’s plan for lessons until 18

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry’s ‘Spare’: From cocaine, to Afghan killings, to William ‘attacking him’ - all the revelations

Stephen Collins:

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the king’s reaction to Prince Harry’s book – Harry’s highly anticipated autobiography, Spare, will be published worldwide next week but revelatory leaks and extracts have already surfaced"

Telegraph:

Labour leader pledges 'Take Back Control' bill to devolve power out of Westminster

Matt:

Independent:

Keir Starmer to promise ‘decade of national renewal’ in first speech of 2023

Times:

"The Times view on Keir Starmer’s speech: Blair Necessities"

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry saw ‘the red mist’ in brother William during alleged physical confrontation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on an acrimonious start to 2023 in the UK – The first week of the year has been marred by conflict – royal, industrial and political"

Telegraph:

George Osborne’s Elgin Marbles deal ‘dangerous’ for Britain’s museums

Matt:

Independent:

Putin orders 36-hour ceasefire by Russian forces – Ukraine rejects it as ‘hypocrisy’; After Villiers.

The i paper:

Alison Hammond left in tears over Prince Harry’s virginity story

Times:

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Surprised davey didn't go for 'i identify as the true owner of the elgin marbles!!!!'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Two leaders’ speeches, two elephants in the room – Rishi Sunak and Keir Starmer are all about control – or so they say"

Sunday Telegraph:

Train drivers offered 8pc pay rise to break strike deadlock (over two years, hence 4% on sign)

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s answers on healthcare — Rishi Sunak has refused to say whether he uses private healthcare amid suggestions he is out of touch with millions of ordinary people who face long waiting times to receive treatment on the NHS"

Telegraph:

'Bring Boris back': Inside the Tory grassroots group creating fresh headaches for Rishi Sunak

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry makes fresh bombshell accusations against royal family in ITV interview with Tom Bradby; Start Me Up: Final checks made ahead of first UK rocket launch tonight

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Edith Pritchett on Prince Harry’s memoir and TV interviews – Asked whether he spoke to his father, Prince Harry replied: “We haven’t spoken for quite a while. No, not recently”"

Telegraph:

US could send Stryker armoured vehicles to Ukraine

Matt:

Times:

President Lula says Brazilian riots are ‘terrorism’ as 1,500 Bolsonaro supporters arrested

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak considered union ban for thousands of key staff – leaked emails; First UK rocket launch ends in failure after suffering ‘anomaly’

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories’ anti-strike legislation — The business secretary will be able to decide statutory minimum service levels for a string of public services, in terms of a new anti-strike bill condemned by Labour as likely to increase stoppages"; UK air accident officials to investigate failure to get satellites into orbit

Telegraph:

Olaf Scholz under pressure to release Leopard II tanks to Ukraine after Poland and Finland pledge

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

How the world’s media reacted to Prince Harry’s book Spare

Evening Standard:

Ambulance crews and 999 handlers strike putting patients at risk, union admits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak registering with an NHS GP – Rishi Sunak has said he is now registered with an NHS GP, having previously used private healthcare"

Telegraph:

Justin Welby defends £100m fund to ‘address past wrongs of slavery’ as churches struggle

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Strike by civil servants to go ahead after talks dismissed as ‘total farce’

Stephen Collins: