Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Baron Weirwulf's Haunted Library #51 (1980)

Punisher War Zone #4 (2009)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Fury of Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #6 (1982)

The Punisher Max X-Mas Special #1 (2009)

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

The Fury of Firestorm, The Nuclear Man #6 (1982)

See how funny those aardvarks are in about ten years, bloke.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Elissimpark posted:

See how funny those aardvarks are in about ten years, bloke.

You don't know that guy, maybe he's a raging misogynist

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Opopanax posted:

You don't know that guy, maybe he's a raging misogynist

Please imagine I Photoshopped the cover of Cerebus 186 into that pic and altered the text to be about voids and lights.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of, did the X-men ever run into S'ym again after all the Inferno stuff? Or was he quietly nothinged after the whole female voids stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

Speaking of, did the X-men ever run into S'ym again after all the Inferno stuff? Or was he quietly nothinged after the whole female voids stuff.

He's shown up in some Magik storylines.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

All-Star Squadron Annual #2 (1983)

Punisher: X-Mas Special 2006 #1 (2007)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Akumetsu - Chaper 43

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, Death Note got weird.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
NGL it took me a second to figure out he meant underwear.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Deadpool #3, the Posehn/Dugan run

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Armor #4 (1988)

Punisher War Journal #1 (2007)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Man, Death Note got weird.

Akumetsu was before Death Note :eng101:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Showcase '93 #12

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Infinitum posted:

Akumetsu was before Death Note :eng101:

what a weird letter to emphasise.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

Showcase '93 #12

Is that Ted McKeever on art?

I've read Peter Milligan's The Extremist which he did, but I can't recall seeing him anywhere else.

(Peter Milligan, for me, is the best of the Brit invasion of the 90's)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Elissimpark posted:

I've read Peter Milligan's The Extremist which he did, but I can't recall seeing him anywhere else.

Keith Giffen art and story.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Dr. Fate #15 (1990)

The Punisher Presents: Barracuda #4 (2007)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

In today's issue, the role of Martian Manhunter will be played by Impossible Man.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Adventures of Dr. Graves #1 (1991)

Punisher vs. Bullseye #1 (2006)

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #35 (2018)

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #38 (2019)

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Elissimpark posted:

Never read that issue and it's hard to pick up individual credits from what's available online, but that art definitely looks like McKeever.

McKeever also wrote and drew a Vertigo series roughly around the time of the Extremist called 'Faith', which was essentially a sequel to his (unfinished?) Metropol series. He also drew the latter part of Rachel Pollack's Doom Patrol run.

There was a "Ted McKeever Library" series of hardbacks published about, what, 10 years ago collecting Metropol, Plastic Forks, and a lot of his other pre-Vertigo stuff.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Forum accident posted:

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #38 (2019)

I feel like an entire issue of this would turn my stomach but these panels are always great.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Forum accident posted:

I can't ever see Kraven without thinking of Hark! A vagrant, that's the definitive version in my mind nowadays.

(Edit: and apparently doing a Kraven bit was suggested to Kate Beaton by Ryan North! Full Circle!)

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 10, 2023

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I recently binged a load of Peter David's Hulk run on vacation, and unfortunately I didn't make note of issue numbers with my screencaps.

Here are some highlights, in any case.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Peter David is a fun dude. I talked to him at a convention and he's just a giant nerd about comics.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN82qfGHGvo

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I can swear I remember one issue of PAD's Hulk with a fight scene where the sound effects were Los Angeles street names (CAHUENGA! SEPULVEDA!), but I've never been able to find it again.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
From today's Chainsaw Man, don't try to take animals from the aquarium

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I recently binged a load of Peter David's Hulk run on vacation, and unfortunately I didn't make note of issue numbers with my screencaps

I remember him doing a talk at Comicon like a million years ago, and he pointed out that's his favorite sound effect "Rack of Lamb".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think that's the second or third time I've read a story where a Skrull says something like that before death.

Selachian posted:

I can swear I remember one issue of PAD's Hulk with a fight scene where the sound effects were Los Angeles street names (CAHUENGA! SEPULVEDA!), but I've never been able to find it again.

Are you sure it wasn't something drawn by Walt Simonson? (Like Thor or Fantastic Four. Or maybe Simonson did a Hulk?)

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Peter David is a fun dude. I talked to him at a convention and he's just a giant nerd about comics.

This is not necessarily the place for this topic, but it should be noted that some years ago at a convention, Peter David went on a racist rant towards Romani people where he spouted some basic rear end blood libel ideas. To my knowledge, he hasn't recanted. The US has a relatively small Romani population, so that can fly under the radar sometimes, but as eurotrash, I find that really off-putting.
On a less serious note, while I like some (not all) of his jokes, I'm not a huge fan of how he will twist characters to fit his comedic ideas. E.g. The characterization in X-Factor Investigations especially for female characters felt a bit off to me.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Punisher: War Journal Entry (1992)

Spider-Man #37 (1993)

The Punisher #2 (2004)

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Yotsuba&.

Don't remember which issue, best to just read them all. This series is hilarious and delightful. Manga, so read right to left.

Vlaphor fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 11, 2023

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Suleman posted:

This is not necessarily the place for this topic, but it should be noted that some years ago at a convention, Peter David went on a racist rant towards Romani people where he spouted some basic rear end blood libel ideas. To my knowledge, he hasn't recanted. The US has a relatively small Romani population, so that can fly under the radar sometimes, but as eurotrash, I find that really off-putting.
On a less serious note, while I like some (not all) of his jokes, I'm not a huge fan of how he will twist characters to fit his comedic ideas. E.g. The characterization in X-Factor Investigations especially for female characters felt a bit off to me.

Yeah this has come up a few times. There was a pretty lengthy discussion recently in the general Marvel thread or the jerks in comics thread and it sounds like he sort of apologized but didn't do a great job of it.

Deadly Neighborhood Spider-Man #2

Detective Comics 1064

And some more PAD Hulk.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Suleman posted:

https://www.peterdavid.net/2016/10/10/final-thoughts-on-the-romani/

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Thank you, I hadn't seen that.

For content, uhh

Source: Yeon-Woo's Innocence

Source: Fantastic Four (2022) #1

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

venom you should go to a doctor something is wrong with your jaw