Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

There are so many easy ways of stripping or negating armor now, they have done a reasonably good job of not making CoPro 100% mandatory anymore imo.

Is monk prime worth the grind or cost compared to his basic model? Really haven't been playing much at all lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Yeah, with the current armour stripping everywhere, I switched out CorPro for Enemy Radar on the frames with that polarity.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

sushibandit posted:

There are so many easy ways of stripping or negating armor now, they have done a reasonably good job of not making CoPro 100% mandatory anymore imo.

Is monk prime worth the grind or cost compared to his basic model? Really haven't been playing much at all lately.

Monk prime looks pretty good, so yes :V

He gets extra effects on serene storm too but I mostly only notice them on slam attacks.

Also if you don't have them yet Voruna is also pretty good and fun.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Corpro's actually good in some cases even with armor strip abilities, since it lets you run less power str to fullstrip, making some builds easier to fit.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Specifically, Hildryn with CorPro lets Pillage strip the remaining 82% of enemy armor with Umbral Intensify (44%), Blind Rage (99%), Transient Fortitude (55%), Augur Secrets (24%) and a single Red Archon Shard (10%). I suppose you could drop the Augur Secrets with even more Red Shards, if you're rich enough.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

Monk prime looks pretty good, so yes :V

He gets extra effects on serene storm too but I mostly only notice them on slam attacks.

Also if you don't have them yet Voruna is also pretty good and fun.

I'm weird in that I'm not a big fan of the prime monk look. I'm getting good work out of the graxx helmet and immortal skin. Looks unexpectedly good together!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

sushibandit posted:

The fact that the starting room in the dojo will never have "Merry Corpromas" again physically hurts me. Never stop corproing.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Zero VGS posted:

a very good post about Valkyr

I know I said thanks in game when you linked your sick builds and gave me advice there, but I'm checking back into the thread and wanted to repeat that I really appreciated it. I love to come up with ideas for builds in arpg style games, but I also like to try and make them competitive, or at least not horrible. This particular game is one of the most convoluted I've ever come across, which is great fun. But it also makes me realize how supportive and patient everyone around these parts is. This poo poo is confusing.

For once I'm not here to hip fire questions. This is just a check in because I like to chatter about the game, and it's good at feeling like a constant progression. I've recently been working on improving my mastery ranking, which has led me to focus on building and leveling new toys. I had four warframes going in my foundry simultaneously earlier today, which is a first for me. I should hit mastery rank 14 once I get them all leveled.

I've also been buying weapons from the guild and slapping those together. The main reason I'm stopping by the thread is to talk about the Bubonico. At first, I wasn't sure that I liked the way it regenerates ammo, since it requires weird down time pauses. But I think I've mentioned that my favorite warframe is Gara. I've been using her to level most my weapons since she's got eclipse. And I've realized that the awkward down time on reloading the Bubonico actually works really well with Gara, who already requires awkward down time moments to put up a vitrify wall and then shatter it. I'm starting to get into a rhythm with the gun and ability usage that feels really satisfying. I'm not sure if I'd use it on anyone else, but it's become my favorite primary weapon to use on my glass lady, and I just wanted to gush about it.

Whatever you all are currently focusing on in this huge rear end game, I hope it's going well.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Our pleasure, and yeah Bubonico is no joke, it can kill level 10,001 enemies (literally the highest effective HP enemies in the game) without even much priming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYl-yAnXP3Y&t=2962s

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
It can. I use the bubonico with gyre and it kills everything.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I just started New War and got to the Wild Hunt bit...is there a way to cheese these archon things? Because I'm stuck on the snake thing. Regretting ever starting this as I can't get back to the regular game now.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

it dont matter posted:

I just started New War and got to the Wild Hunt bit...is there a way to cheese these archon things? Because I'm stuck on the snake thing. Regretting ever starting this as I can't get back to the regular game now.

I don't remember the snake one being that hard, but its basically just make sure that you're doing all the mechanics. Don't look at her when you're not supposed to, but other than that, watch for signs of attacks you need to dodge, like when she starts spinning her whip around.

The Owl is worse IMO, but I think it depends on which one you fight first. The third one will be SUPER easy for reasons, so its not as bad as it seems.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Remember you can roll to mitigate damage. Snake has toxin aoe and she can stun you so you soak it and die immediately. I think she's kind of easy but not when you are solo. I never did her until the weekly hunts so I don't know many tricks. The owl is just move around and damage her when she tries to heal. The wolf is move around, roll and use the radar to find the real one.

edit: I think with owl use the smoke to penetrate her aoe thing when she tries to heal. The fights are more about survival than damage.

temple fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 5, 2023

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
For the quest fights, IIRC only the real wolf is holding the daggers/swords. Less useful when pubbing Archon Hunts though.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I was thinking about starting New War myself until I saw that big warning about it locking you out of the main game for a long while. Figured I'd rather not do that until the resource boosters I bought from Baro run out.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Tylana posted:

For the quest fights, IIRC only the real wolf is holding the daggers/swords. Less useful when pubbing Archon Hunts though.

I seem to recall Target Radar will also highlight the real wolf. They kind of half-do this thing where the archons are themed after your abilities in the quest, with that and with using Smokescreen to push through and interrupt the owl's screech, but then the snake just doesn't line up the way the other two do.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

A Moose posted:

The third one will be SUPER easy for reasons, so its not as bad as it seems.

Okay, in that case I'll save the worst for last. Did the wolf guy pretty easily, it was just a bit tedious.

Gotta say I'm not enjoying this story bit at all. Just want to go back to the regular game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been awhile since I played Warframe. Here are two random screenshots I took:

Screen shots are tiny because I play on the Switch :unsmith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mesadoram posted:

It's been awhile since I played Warframe. Here are two random screenshots I took:

I play with a switch pro-controller on my PC sometimes. :unsmith:

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here
I've been rerolling a riven for a Gara stat stick, and I just want to make sure about something. Negative faction damage isn't a bad downside for that purpose, right? I'm under the impression that doesn't affect my splinter storm damage, but I've been wrong about plenty with this game. I just got a pretty good one if that's acceptable.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I haven't tested it but the wiki says that faction mods don't apply so it should be fine.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I just tried to do the sortie interception with ex stronghold with Baruuk.

I couldn't drop restraint at all with his 2 or 3. Does his 1 (I helminthed it off) work for this?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mr Newsman posted:

I couldn't drop restraint at all with his 2 or 3. Does his 1 (I helminthed it off) work for this?

It should, yes.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

:siren:Umbra Forma @ Tenshin:siren:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Mr Newsman posted:

baruuk can easily dump restraint with 2/3 but you need enemy density for it to really work fast, 1 is generally counterproductive to his skillset so I wouldn't helminth it back on

also what's your stat/build setup, you want fast recast, power str, and no duration to really spam sleep for restraint removal purposes

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Psion posted:

baruuk can easily dump restraint with 2/3 but you need enemy density for it to really work fast, 1 is generally counterproductive to his skillset so I wouldn't helminth it back on

also what's your stat/build setup, you want fast recast, power str, and no duration to really spam sleep for restraint removal purposes

Yeah, this.

Baruuk really loves high enemy density, both because it makes his punching that much more fun and because it makes burning restraint dramatically faster. Low duration allows you to dump a few sleeps into a crowd to burn big chunks of restraint in one go. The 1 does burn restraint when it mitigates damage, but the way it scales (range and duration, primarily) is directly at odds with the rest of his kit (which mostly cares for strength, with range being a secondary concern for the 2 and an extremely minor concern for the 3, while the 4 doesn't give a gently caress about range at all).

It can be slow to burn restraint if enemy density is low, and the 1 wouldn't really help you with that problem because it scales so weirdly and requires a lot of nerds shooting at you to really have a noticeable effect on restraint.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
His 2 is where most of his restraint dump comes from, which doesn't work on eximus, which I'm guessing caused this problem.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Mesadoram posted:

I'm more Fragor than Titron, but any hammer is a winner. :discourse:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
All this time I never realized that Glaive Prime was just an infinite ammo Tenet Envoy with forced slash. I promptly bought and started building one last night so it'll be ready soon.

Every one of the YouTube builds I'm seeing uses the +30 initial combo mod so the explosion is always 2x damage, but is there any reason it wouldn't be better with 90% heavy attack efficiency, and the mod that gains combo count with each slash proc, so I'm always around 12x damage?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, this.

It can be slow to burn restraint if enemy density is low, and the 1 wouldn't really help you with that problem because it scales so weirdly and requires a lot of nerds shooting at you to really have a noticeable effect on restraint.

Yeah, good to know. As Nalesh mentioned the eximus stronghold really made it hard. Was surrounded by them but couldn't burn restraint and was just picking them off. Ended up losing the point a few times cause I couldn't get the 4 up, plus I didn't have a weapon worth a drat for clearing that run.

I just wasn't prepped for how badly it seems like eximus stronghold messed everything up and wasn't sure if his 1 would have been more beneficial than the empower I wasn't using.

Build is all based on the mods from the big Baruuk post a while back (str dump duration). Dude slaps and is a lot of fun but when you can't burn restraint it is really hindering.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mr Newsman posted:

Yeah, good to know. As Nalesh mentioned the eximus stronghold really made it hard. Was surrounded by them but couldn't burn restraint and was just picking them off. Ended up losing the point a few times cause I couldn't get the 4 up, plus I didn't have a weapon worth a drat for clearing that run.

I just wasn't prepped for how badly it seems like eximus stronghold messed everything up and wasn't sure if his 1 would have been more beneficial than the empower I wasn't using.

Build is all based on the mods from the big Baruuk post a while back (str dump duration). Dude slaps and is a lot of fun but when you can't burn restraint it is really hindering.

Yeah, eximus units are immune to the sleep while their shield thing is up, so they're not going to help you burn restraint as they're immune to the effects of the 2. I'm not sure if they're affected by the disarm from the knives, either. Ideally you want groups with a bunch of trash mobs in it.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I had an affinity booster yesterday and ran that eximus interception a bunch of times to level things. Eximus stronghold needs to be freed from its sortie shackles, that poo poo is pure mayhem and loads of fun.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Teratrain posted:

I had an affinity booster yesterday and ran that eximus interception a bunch of times to level things. Eximus stronghold needs to be freed from its sortie shackles, that poo poo is pure mayhem and loads of fun.

It is a source of shard farming so probably not

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it would own if there was just a node that was steel path grineer eximus stronghold survival

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Awesome! posted:

it would own if there was just a node that was steel path grineer eximus stronghold survival

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Teratrain posted:

My great wish for Steel Path was a permanent eximus sortie, sadly the sortie modifiers they got were damage sponge 1 and damage sponge 2.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

temple posted:

Isn't there a maximum number of shards you can spend in a week? Why would anyone bother farming them?

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

temple posted:

Oh yeah it'd also invalidate pretty much any other focus farm or affinity farm, too. It's just fun!

It was indeed raining riven bits as well.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

A Moose posted:

Isn't there a maximum number of shards you can spend in a week? Why would anyone bother farming them?
I was cussed out for doing an eximus sortie too fast because they wanted to farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

temple posted:

I was cussed out for doing an eximus sortie too fast because they wanted to farm.

I've mostly been playing solo so this is a combination of :psyduck: and also retroactively exactly what I'd expect.

Feeling good because I got lucky with void relics, for once. I decided to go for Volt Prime. My guess was I'd blow all my aya and still be missing one component. But I blew about half my aya and now I've got a cool warframe being built.