Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lobok posted:

Was not expecting to get recontextualizing lore for Rebecca Black's Friday.

That is why no one will remember your name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I could do it on the sax and my teeth would go numb after 30 seconds.

I’m impressed you’d get far along enough for that to happen. That’d be blown out lip city for me well before any tooth business happened.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

My high school band director could do the circular breathing thing and hold a note on a trumpet for insane amounts of time.

I can't figure out the mechanics of it though and it seems like magic to me?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I used to play trumpet and I think that would vibrate my lips off.

It's not even pretty playing. It's showing off.

If you want to show off, make it pretty:

https://www.schooltube.com/media/Trumpet-Allen-Vizzutti-Carnival-of-Venice/1_9gkaswna

8 seconds to make you give up trumpet

https://youtu.be/RF4NgNn3F88

Rust Martialis has a new favorite as of 19:51 on Jan 8, 2023

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

D-Pad posted:

My high school band director could do the circular breathing thing and hold a note on a trumpet for insane amounts of time.

I can't figure out the mechanics of it though and it seems like magic to me?

It's all in the cheek capacity/muscles.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I could do it on the sax and my teeth would go numb after 30 seconds.

I misread this and was initially horrified on behalf of your partner. I have now realized my mistake, and apologize for questioning your performance.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

It's all in the cheek capacity/muscles.

Amply demonstrated by champion trumpeter Kirk Johnson.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I would post the album cover to Nigel Peppercock’s seminal album, “Fresh White Reeboks Kicking Your rear end” but I feel like I’d get banned for it so maybe GIS it instead

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hyperlynx posted:

How on earth is she going to introduce herself for half an hour? This should be goo... Oh :(

I was at the national zoo in DC as a kid and the dik diks got loose and were running around the zoo and they had dudes with enormous nets (one guy holding each side, looked like tennis nets) attempting to capture the dik diks.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Frank Frank posted:

I was at the national zoo in DC as a kid and the dik diks got loose and were running around the zoo and they had dudes with enormous nets (one guy holding each side, looked like tennis nets) attempting to capture the dik diks.

I would have stole one and snuck it out of the zoo in my backpack, they're so drat cute. :colbert:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
When are we going to stop pretending it's normal to have entire teams of handlers who's job is to keep famous dik diks away from children.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

zedprime posted:

When are we going to stop pretending it's normal to have entire teams of handlers who's job is to keep famous dik diks away from children.

I mean the BBC failed to keep the dik dik away from children for most of the 60s and 70s.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

this guy does entire songs with circular breathing while he vocalizes and does his own percussion or something, I honestly have no idea what he's doing, but it's crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohUb8-po4pw

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Colin Stetson is incredible. Yeah I think he has some microphones on some of the buttons and valves of his instruments, which allows him to play his own percussion. Some of the harmonics he gets out of those saxes are otherworldly, definitely check out more of his stuff if the above video is even remotely interesting to you.

Quadramind
Dec 8, 2011

Hell, yeah! once somebody mentions circular breathing, a secret countdown to Stetson posting begins.

He's amazing. The only time I've ever done the fan thing of running up to ask for a picture after a show was at Colin Stetson and we chatted about music and improvisation and meditative states for ages.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I think Kenny G once played a single note on the clarinet that way for like 45 minutes, which is a hell of a thing.

A hell of a Kenny G Thing.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I think Kenny G once played a single note on the clarinet that way for like 45 minutes, which is a hell of a thing.

It just seemed like it lasted that long to the audience.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Unfortunately Kenny G is talented

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/freezydorito/status/1611500098428469248?t=-DZqFT4begJMqRRChBixLg&s=19

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/TonyClaytonLea/status/1612062696819593216

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/layajospe/status/1611984382960586752

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Love to pivot right from a hard workout to hard alcohol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wouldn't you get drunk faster, having just burned through a bunch of calories and also likely not having much in your stomach?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
The stench
THE STENCH

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1611811568936779776

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

People still think this clown is a genius?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
There's a running club in my town who's entire point and identity is the weekly run end at the Irish bar. Never mind any marathon, half marathon, or fun run are banner days for the bars.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

venus de lmao posted:

People still think this clown is a genius?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Is Elon replying to the Richard Garriott? Richard "Lord British" Garriott? I'm not clicking for context.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Mak0rz posted:

Is Elon replying to the Richard Garriott? Richard "Lord British" Garriott? I'm not clicking for context.

I didn't know, myself...

...looks like it, yeah. Garriott's comment was basically "tanks seem to be outdated, am I missing something? Are they actually good?". Pretty innocuous.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Warbird posted:

That’d be blown out lip city for me well before any tooth business happened.

drat your mom getting savaged in the yelp reviews

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mister Speaker posted:

Colin Stetson is incredible. Yeah I think he has some microphones on some of the buttons and valves of his instruments, which allows him to play his own percussion. Some of the harmonics he gets out of those saxes are otherworldly, definitely check out more of his stuff if the above video is even remotely interesting to you.

His soundtrack for The Menu is really good

Also there is a documentary called listening to Kenny g which is just fascinating, even if you don't like him it's a nice window into the influence of the easy listening genre of music and how weird a dude Kenny is

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Frank Frank posted:

I would post the album cover to Nigel Peppercock’s seminal album, “Fresh White Reeboks Kicking Your rear end” but I feel like I’d get banned for it so maybe GIS it instead

lmao what in the world

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

The Saddest Rhino posted:

His soundtrack for The Menu is really good

Holy poo poo, I knew that music sounded familiar. Thanks!

Skwirl posted:

Wouldn't you get drunk faster, having just burned through a bunch of calories and also likely not having much in your stomach?

Yes absolutely, lol. Aside from this and the aforementioned stench, this is a recipe for absolute disaster and I hope they have a really competent security team and furniture that can be easily cleaned.

Anyway, it was done before in a series finale of Trailer Park Boys, when the boys all come into some money and are able to pursue their dreams. 'Julian's Sports Bar And Gym.'

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Yeah the only way I could hate this more is if it ended with an evangelical altar call.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Frank Frank posted:

To save everyone else a Google
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEp7dUk7Qxk

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

e.pilot posted:

lmao what in the world

:q:

The original wasn’t censored and dude’s dingus is just hanging out there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Frank Frank posted:

:q:

The original wasn’t censored and dude’s dingus is just hanging out there.

It's not hanging. It's very clearly at hard 12 o'clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

zedprime posted:

There's a running club in my town who's entire point and identity is the weekly run end at the Irish bar. Never mind any marathon, half marathon, or fun run are banner days for the bars.

Your club might be something simpler but it's a long tradition! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_House_Harriers One which I greatly dislike