Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Ahahahaha they have a wrestler whose name is just HARDCORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the 5 year old cleaning up the glass isn't someone's kid just an XPW employee

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow that looks god awful

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

my pal had to back out on BOLA so I’ve got GA tix for both nights; PMs are open if anyone is in need or knows someone who is!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

the escape goat posted:

my pal had to back out on BOLA so I’ve got GA tix for both nights; PMs are open if anyone is in need or knows someone who is!

Should I irresponsibility blow money to go to LA?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Should I irresponsibility blow money to go to LA?

I regularly do because I’ll never be able to buy a house and may get hit by a bus next week so gently caress it, I’ll travel for shows when I can :shrug:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

BOLA night 1 was some drat fine wrestling, but Vikingo got hurt toward the end of his match with Bandido and Black Taurus; not sure what happened but I’m sure we’ll know more soon. He was able to walk to the back with a bit of assistance, so maybe he just got his bell rung pretty bad?
If anyone has a chance to see him in person, 100% go for it. It’s always corny to say “oh it’s so different in real life than .gifs blah blah blah” but the dude has a legitimately electric vibe in everything he does.

This next bit is me frittering about crowd safety so skip it if you aren’t feelin’ it-
There’s a guy I’ve had issues with at every PWG show I’ve gone to. He pops off with racist and homophobic poo poo, is just generally hateful with his heckling, and overall just a bad time. I’ve tried to talk to PWG organizers/employees every show and it’s always just “oh, we’ll talk to him”

Clearly that ain’t working because his behavior hasn’t changed.

At this point it’s escalated to him repeatedly bellowing “gently caress yoooou!” at me with double birds at totally random times (even during matches) and following me around to do so, even when I’m not responding.

It honestly feels like a safety issue at this point and other crowd members can’t stand the guy either. I’m not sure how to handle this? Any ideas?

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend

the escape goat posted:

It honestly feels like a safety issue at this point and other crowd members can’t stand the guy either. I’m not sure how to handle this? Any ideas?

I would make an issue of it publicly and directly to their (PWG's) social media accounts, repeatedly reply to anything they post with it and if you can get anyone else to back it up as well would help. Any video/audio (even done discretely) to back it up would be ideal

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Armbar him

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’ll ask Garcia to do it for me, he’s a bit more skilled and already motivated with that guy lmao

https://twitter.com/verbaltapcast/status/1612001137628151813?s=46&t=qRHCxLDR4YlCt8UhwGz-VQ

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Garcia is a menace and I love it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

the escape goat posted:

I’ll ask Garcia to do it for me, he’s a bit more skilled and already motivated with that guy lmao

https://twitter.com/verbaltapcast/status/1612001137628151813?s=46&t=qRHCxLDR4YlCt8UhwGz-VQ

Is this a dickhead fan that everyone hates?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

yeah whats the story

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
e; n/m

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

sure is.

he got TRUCKED by Jacob Fatu once a few years ago when he crossed the barricade at a GCW (I think?) show but I guess he didn’t get hit hard enough.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

the escape goat posted:

BOLA night 1 was some drat fine wrestling, but Vikingo got hurt toward the end of his match with Bandido and Black Taurus; not sure what happened but I’m sure we’ll know more soon. He was able to walk to the back with a bit of assistance, so maybe he just got his bell rung pretty bad?
If anyone has a chance to see him in person, 100% go for it. It’s always corny to say “oh it’s so different in real life than .gifs blah blah blah” but the dude has a legitimately electric vibe in everything he does.

This next bit is me frittering about crowd safety so skip it if you aren’t feelin’ it-
There’s a guy I’ve had issues with at every PWG show I’ve gone to. He pops off with racist and homophobic poo poo, is just generally hateful with his heckling, and overall just a bad time. I’ve tried to talk to PWG organizers/employees every show and it’s always just “oh, we’ll talk to him”

At this point it’s escalated to him repeatedly bellowing “gently caress yoooou!” at me with double birds at totally random times (even during matches) and following me around to do so, even when I’m not responding.

I always kind of heard that the vibes with PWG crowds got worse once they had to leave the Legion

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

the escape goat posted:

Was it the dude in the Raiders jersey? If so, I've already said he should've been banned a long time ago. I blame GCW for encouraging stupid fan behavior.

Edit: Yep. Figured it was him. I sent your message to those in charge. Will also bring it up again at tonight's show.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

the escape goat posted:

sure is.

he got TRUCKED by Jacob Fatu once a few years ago when he crossed the barricade at a GCW (I think?) show but I guess he didn’t get hit hard enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62t5N3gEFTE

Yeah I'm gonna run up on the guy who calls himself THE SAMOAN WEREWOLF

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I never understand how fans don't understand "stay behind the barricade, don't touch the wrestlers"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62t5N3gEFTE

Yeah I'm gonna run up on the guy who calls himself THE SAMOAN WEREWOLF

The best part is him trying to get up and his body being like "Nope", then Fatu boots him again, just to be safe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I mean if you're gonna lay it on GCW you might as well lay it on whoever decided Fans Bring the Weapons should be a regular thing. Show security at indie shows has always been lax as gently caress.

I do think we should get back to common sense fan behavior tho. Like don't throw poo poo in the ring, respect other fans, etc. ICW:NHB of all places does a real good job keeping the energy positive. Except for the piss jug guy. And the stabbing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

I mean if you're gonna lay it on GCW you might as well lay it on whoever decided Fans Bring the Weapons should be a regular thing. Show security at indie shows has always been lax as gently caress.

I do think we should get back to common sense fan behavior tho. Like don't throw poo poo in the ring, respect other fans, etc. ICW:NHB of all places does a real good job keeping the energy positive. Except for the piss jug guy. And the stabbing.

I lay it on both. That dude is a habitual line stepper and needs to be tossed out so that everyone who can behave themselves can enjoy a cool environment where you get to be close to the wrestlers because everyone can behave. But it's on the promotions to be the ones to toss people.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It would be very nice if people would behave, first and foremost yeah. But that's a sociology riddle we haven't cracked yet.

So with promotions, they have to lay it out so people are on the same page. And do it in a way that isn't dweeby or super corporatespiel. I think the best way I've heard promotions handle it is at the start of the show or right before a particularly wild event, they'll remind fans "if the action gets too exciting for you, move to the back" Getting fans to chant it back at you means you know they'll chant it again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

I ICW:NHB of all places does a real good job keeping the energy positive. Except for the piss jug guy. And the stabbing.

I miss Ron and Struggles complaining about hosed up fans.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jubs posted:

Was it the dude in the Raiders jersey? If so, I've already said he should've been banned a long time ago. I blame GCW for encouraging stupid fan behavior.

Edit: Yep. Figured it was him. I sent your message to those in charge. Will also bring it up again at tonight's show.
Like indie shows should bring banning guys like this, I mean ROH did for GLF years ago

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The best part is him trying to get up and his body being like "Nope", then Fatu boots him again, just to be safe

Fatu yeeted that chair with PRECISION too; got the dude even with people in front of him! veteran technical skill right there.

sorry for the massive derail, y’all.

I’m curious to see who will go up against Speedball tonight; the stip was that his match would be against whoever didn’t get pinned in the three-way last night but since Vikingo got his eggs scrambled maybe it’ll be Taurus? No complaints if so, I love watching him work!

Someone said “how will they do a multi man with only 9 guys” and I’m like “…toss everyone in the pool and let them do goofy poo poo, the numbers aren’t that important” but maybe they’ll bring in someone fresh for that match or against Speedball? Either way, Wrestling is Very Fun and I’m lucky to be here.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Dude...

This post will make sense later.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Jubs posted:

Dude...

This post will make sense later.

guessing it was this https://twitter.com/marc_cesar/status/1612322155601227777

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Def did not expect that

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ishin posted:

Def did not expect that

none of us did, I’ll say that much.

Takeshita was lying in the ring exhausted post-match and I asked if he was ok or if he needed some water. he responded but super quietly so I asked again and he just said “beer” so of course I obliged.

as if I didn’t already love Take enough, dude is SUCH a gem.

Shoutout to Jubs for being a total sweetie when I met him too!

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

the escape goat posted:

Wrestling is Very Fun and I’m lucky to be here.

Amen, I was at BOLA both nights too and lost my voice having a blast

edit: haha I think I sat behind you, I was Defy Hat Guy

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

plester1 posted:

Amen, I was at BOLA both nights too and lost my voice having a blast

edit: haha I think I sat behind you, I was Defy Hat Guy

if you were sitting behind a woman with blue hair that was chirping the workers a bunch and fanning herself every time a chop battle happened, yup!

my voice is absolutely shot; I cheer a bunch normally but there was so much incredible stuff to hoot and holler about, especially with tonight’s show being like, 4 hours long.

we’re drat lucky to have an enormous amount of wildly talented indie wrestlers (and even more on the come-up) and so many promotions all over the country these days; it’s a great time to be a wrestling fan.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

I watched Michael Oku’s 5th match ever and now he’s tearing the house down at BOLA opposite Konosuke Takeshita (according to Dave, the best match of Night 1) and Chris Jericho. This is so cool to see

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It’s really cute seeing how happy Soup is about BOLA. He’s been watching since the Hero vs Tornado feud

https://twitter.com/takesoup/status/1612428478460366848?s=46&t=ufTY5gTxIbDiIGl_7ReKXg

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
How did Shun & SBK do with the PWG crowd?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

It’s really cute seeing how happy Soup is about BOLA. He’s been watching since the Hero vs Tornado feud

https://twitter.com/takesoup/status/1612428478460366848?s=46&t=ufTY5gTxIbDiIGl_7ReKXg

:3:

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

the escape goat posted:

if you were sitting behind a woman with blue hair that was chirping the workers a bunch and fanning herself every time a chop battle happened, yup!

Yep, it was great to meet you! :respek:

Bonk posted:

How did Shun & SBK do with the PWG crowd?

Shun had an awkward night 1 match vs. Aramis but redeemed himself with a great night 2 match vs. Speedball.

Crowd loved SBK from the get-go and wished he would have advanced further.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MinnesChad/status/1613017066985951232

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

what is maximum bleeding do they just take a lot of aspirin before the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS