Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Subjunctive posted:

Feeling sort of stuck with my randomly-assembled decks. Where can I go to learn more about the strategy for what I think is still Pool 1 (CL275)?

https://marvelsnapzone.com/
https://snap.fan/

Are the two listed in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
So if you Leader into Luke's Bar with priority you copy their cards but if you don't have priority you don't copy anything they put into it. Just had a T5 Wave'd Leader v Leader play and I filled up my (non-Luke) lane with his Leaders but he didn't get anything off mine that I put into Luke. Then promptly lost the next game trying to T6 Leader without priority on a board with 2x Luke's and 1x Death's Domain

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, I poked around there but on mobile I didn’t see the “filter” button in the deck list, so I was a bit lost until just now!

Lots of Pool 1 decks to look at!

Are people manually entering thejr cards into these sites, or is there a way to automatically sync them?

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, I poked around there but on mobile I didn’t see the “filter” button in the deck list, so I was a bit lost until just now!

Lots of Pool 1 decks to look at!

Are people manually entering thejr cards into these sites, or is there a way to automatically sync them?

https://marvelsnap.pro/marvel-snap-tracker/

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Subjunctive posted:

Feeling sort of stuck with my randomly-assembled decks. Where can I go to learn more about the strategy for what I think is still Pool 1 (CL275)?

You are in the land where no one has Killmonger yet, so that means Ka-Zoo is a very solid strategy. As you jump into pool 2, EVERYONE has Killmonger in every deck so zoo becomes a little scarier. Depending on what your early pool 2 cards are, there are some decent movement and discard decks you can build. Early pool 2 is kind of rough though because your decks are very dependent on the few cards you've opened.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I actually think I might be in Pool 2 now because I drew Killmonger, yeah. Playing a dino-moongirl that is making it real hard to do this “win a location with < 10 power” mission!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Subjunctive posted:

I actually think I might be in Pool 2 now because I drew Killmonger, yeah. Playing a dino-moongirl that is making it real hard to do this “win a location with < 10 power” mission!

Is it still the case that you can retreat while winning a location to clear that goal?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

JackDarko posted:

Is it still the case that you can retreat while winning a location to clear that goal?

Yeah has to be at least turn 5 though I believe

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've definitely gotten it in the first couple

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

JackDarko posted:

Yeah, and you can also win a Luke’s Bar with a moved Nightcrawler while losing the match, it turns out!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

No Wave posted:

lol. Deny all you want but Galactus is the only card in the game's history that the devs have confirmed as an outlier cube earner (assuming those patch notes are real). I'm mentioning it because this was a controversial enough take to get me an avatar a week ago.

you need to keep the avatar, it's very good even without the funny story

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

My new kink is obliterating Limbo when people are building up for their big turn 7

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Alight boys we have 4 active wongs on the board, time to drop the..

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Studio posted:

My new kink is obliterating Limbo when people are building up for their big turn 7

First time this happened to me I was thunderstruck.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Reek, I hope you at least did double Shang Chi. Might as well lose with some kind of FU.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Reek posted:

Alight boys we have 4 active wongs on the board, time to drop the..

This is why I keep Gambit in my Surfer deck as an alternate wincon. Had someone snap on Wong/Panther/Zola and watch helplessly as I obliterated their entire board Wong/Mystique/Gambit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Push El Burrito posted:

Also, I'm thinking about dropping 1400 gold on Cosmo and Dino and will have probably done it by the time you read this.

That isn't half as good as Winter Vacation, although the Savage Land variant beats them both. Hanna-Barbera style Cosmo is the poo poo, though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Should I buy Psylocke now or wait for Zero/Red Skull? I only have 1600 tokens so it would be my last purchase for a while. Psylocke has no place in my current deck but definitely would be a value, especially in Sera Surfer. Zero and Red Skull are extremely important for my current deck that is killing it.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Having a lot of success with this deck.

quote:

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Black Widow
# (3) Zabu
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) Omega Red
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) Hulk
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWmFidSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJhY3VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSnViaWxlZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RSaWRlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSmVzc2ljYUpvbmVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJPbWVnYVJlZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVsbGNvdyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFwb2NhbHlwc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrV2lkb3cifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

The idea is that you twiddle your thumbs into Zabu into a bunch of 4 drops, getting Dracula out along the way. And then in your last turn you Hellcow + Ghost Rider to empty your hand, discarding and bringing back some combination of Infinaut, Apocalypse & Hulk.

It is robust to not working perfectly because Jubilee can find Zabu or one of the big boys. Sometimes you just play a big card on 6. Sometimes your many cheap 4s do fine. Sometimes you can only play one 4 a turn but you still get there.

Especially good with the featured location, since Jubilee & Ghost Rider can both leave behind bodies and be played again. Has been great for taking cubes because it is not obvious to the other player as to how many stats can go where on turn 6. So they aren’t retreating much.

I think Black Widow is meant to be Psylocke for if Zabu doesn’t appear but Widow is brutal if you play her twice on Luke’s while waiting to start on turn 4–they lose two draws and they have to clog up two of their more precious board slots. Once the locations go back to normal I’ll swap her out.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

doingitwrong posted:

Having a lot of success with this deck.

# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Korg
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Armor
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Cosmo
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Ka-Zar
# (5) Abomination
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW50TWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJJY2VtYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5pZ2h0Y3Jhd2xlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS29yZyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQXJtb3IifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNvc21vIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEcmFjdWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLYVphciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkxpemFyZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3F1aXJyZWxHaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBYm9taW5hdGlvbiJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I'm doing a similar thing here, though the idea is to play on tempo so that you either discard Infinaut on T6 for a big surprise or just skip T5 for Infinaut.

Once I get Zero I'm going to drop Iceman and probably Squirrel Girl to add in Ebony Maw as well. Red Skull would be nice to have for more value on T5, or a possible Infinaut + Dracula play.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Walla posted:

Should I buy Psylocke now or wait for Zero/Red Skull? I only have 1600 tokens so it would be my last purchase for a while. Psylocke has no place in my current deck but definitely would be a value, especially in Sera Surfer. Zero and Red Skull are extremely important for my current deck that is killing it.

Only if you have all the Negative deck pieces already. Otherwise she is pretty niche in any other deck.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Just had someone Ebony Maw Left T1, nothing T2, Storm mid T3. I Stormed right T3. He retreated.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
Is Leader still a must buy from the shop or is he getting nerfed into the ground soon?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

mirror123 posted:

Is Leader still a must buy from the shop or is he getting nerfed into the ground soon?

The current nerf coming is a 1 point drop and that's it. I assume they're working on a rework of his text but it'll probably be next season before that actually happens. Until there's a text rework (or at the absolute least, turning him into a 6/0), it's still an extremely useful card, especially if you're less than 3 points away from winning a lane (and contingent on your opponent not running ongoing buffs like Patriot and Blue Marvel).

I haven't seen him as much recently but he's still out there in the meta.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.

RevKrule posted:

The current nerf coming is a 1 point drop and that's it. I assume they're working on a rework of his text but it'll probably be next season before that actually happens. Until there's a text rework (or at the absolute least, turning him into a 6/0), it's still an extremely useful card, especially if you're less than 3 points away from winning a lane (and contingent on your opponent not running ongoing buffs like Patriot and Blue Marvel).

I haven't seen him as much recently but he's still out there in the meta.

Need a gif of Mister Negative rubbing his hands together.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Walla posted:

She's positioned somewhat awkwardly on the curve compared to the cards you really want to ramp out; the only time she feels really high-impact is when she lets you play Mr. Negative a turn early in decks that run him.

I've put some miles on her in Zabu/Sera/Surfer and she's probably going to be my next cut; she doesn't help you get Zabu out and often just goes to waste T2 when a card with actual power would be more valuable. It feels ok when you play her on T3 to drop Sera a turn early but most of the time that's a backup plan and you'd be better off playing Zabu.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
She is an essential bump for the negative deck, but even in that deck if you miss her by turn 2 she is just awkward and almost never gets played because she just gets in the way

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Walla posted:

If you have less than 2,000 tokens, you should always save them for a Series 3 card that will offer an immediate and major improvement to your most played decks. Other good cards will come back around or unlock in time, and spending previous tokens on something you might not use for weeks or months is not so great.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 9, 2023

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, Bast feels kinda overpowered. I dunno if all Series 5 cards'll feel this way, but right now, being able to convert 6-10 power off a 1-drop with no real downside is pretty busted.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Skippy McPants posted:

Man, Bast feels kinda overpowered. I dunno if all Series 5 cards'll feel this way, but right now, being able to convert 6-10 power off a 1-drop with no real downside is pretty busted.

The downside comes during deck construction, where you're chiefly restricted to cards with less than 3 power. Bast has a home in Negative decks and Cerebro 3, but that's about it. Cerebro decks aren't strong and can use the buff, and the problems with Negative decks have never been the other 11 cards in the deck.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Skippy McPants posted:

If you have less than 2,000 tokens, you should always save them for a Series 3 card that will offer an immediate and major improvement to your most played decks. Other good cards will come back around our unlock in time, and spending previous tokens on something you might not use for weeks or months is not so great.

Yeah it's ultimately your fake video game money to do what you will with, but do keep in mind that the initial pile of 3000 tokens they give you when the shop unlocks is the most you'll get for a long time (it will take 1,440 collector levels to earn that many again). Typically people recommend putting that towards a Series 4 card (with She-Hulk as the safest option) or spending it on some of the few S3 cards that have proven to be powerful and versatile enough to go in lots of decks and will probably always be strong options (Aero, Sera, potentially Leader though he's a little more questionable now with future nerfs incoming).

Again, though, do whatever's going to create the most fun for you -- all series 3 decks will come in time. Red Skull is definitely a heavy hitter in the Zero/Zabu/Dracula deck. Before that became popular you'd see him sometimes in conjunction with Taskmaster but historically he hasn't shown up in a lot of lists.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Had another funny moment yesterday. I was playing with my Ultron Zoo deck, and on T5 my opponent plays Spider-Man in the middle lane where I was going to play Ultron. Earlier in the game The Hub had given me Galactus of all things. I had not even considered using him because I could have won with Ultron until he played Spider-Man. So because the right lane was completely open, I dropped Galactus on his rear end and won that game on T6. I laughed for awhile.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

goferchan posted:

Yeah it's ultimately your fake video game money to do what you will with, but do keep in mind that the initial pile of 3000 tokens they give you when the shop unlocks is the most you'll get for a long time (it will take 1,440 collector levels to earn that many again). Typically people recommend putting that towards a Series 4 card (with She-Hulk as the safest option) or spending it on some of the few S3 cards that have proven to be powerful and versatile enough to go in lots of decks and will probably always be strong options (Aero, Sera, potentially Leader though he's a little more questionable now with future nerfs incoming).

Again, though, do whatever's going to create the most fun for you -- all series 3 decks will come in time. Red Skull is definitely a heavy hitter in the Zero/Zabu/Dracula deck. Before that became popular you'd see him sometimes in conjunction with Taskmaster but historically he hasn't shown up in a lot of lists.

I use this as a general guide and look out for only flexible and powerful in the shop. I'm broke now so it's largely irrelevant for the shop but still useful for a general idea regarding pool 3 cards.

I guess this guy is a bit of a prick but this guide is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_pHO3atOk&t=604s

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Jedit posted:

The downside comes during deck construction, where you're chiefly restricted to cards with less than 3 power. Bast has a home in Negative decks and Cerebro 3, but that's about it. Cerebro decks aren't strong and can use the buff, and the problems with Negative decks have never been the other 11 cards in the deck.

It's a narrow card, for sure, but having played quite a lot of Negative games with and without it now, the power it provides is well above most of the other cards in the deck.

Seconding this guide. Guy does a good job of detailing why various cards are powerful and the kind of deck-building range they offer. He also has similar guides for S4/5 cards and an update for the Jan. Patch coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI2vWd5yBWI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rs5fXpSc0M

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Series 5 isnt balanced period. Darkhawk will be easier cubes than bast assuming you own Zabu and I think Bast was overrated a bit on release but he's obviously great to own. I run a surfer mystique iron man dino list thats very happy to see bast off of maria (and yes it gets thumped by leech)

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

goferchan posted:

From a strictly monetary viewpoint, buying pool 3 cards is bad.

Let's say you have 3000 tokens, and 50 more cards to get. On the collection track you're going to open 50 cards, and at the end you have 50 cards and 3000 tokens. (We're only considering the reserves/caches that give you cards here.)

If, instead, you buy pool 3 cards with those tokens, you're going to open 47 cards on the collection track, and the 3 extra reserves at the end will give you 400 tokens each. So you end up with 50 and 1200 tokens.

Each pool 3 card you buy costs you 600 tokens.

Obviously if you really want a specific pool 3 card and you think it's worth the 600 tokens, by all means just buy it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

But when S5 downgrades you "lose" 3000 tokens. You're paying for immediate access no matter what.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

And on the flip side, they're a great value from a timing viewpoint.

Depending on how much money you spend, you're looking at two-to-six months to unlock all of Series 3. Unless you're planning to max out credit gains regardless of the price tag, completing S3 takes a long-rear end time. Spending three or four thousand tokens during that period to unlock a handful of cards that allow you to play the decks you want to play is a very reasonable choice, even if it's not the 100% max-value choice from a finished collection point of view.

No Wave posted:

Series 5 isnt balanced period. Darkhawk will be easier cubes than bast assuming you own Zabu and I think Bast was overrated a bit on release but he's obviously great to own. I run a surfer mystique iron man dino list thats very happy to see bast off of maria (and yes it gets thumped by leech)

Fair point. At least half of the current series 5 cards do OP stuff that nothing else enables.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Half of my losses are vs shuri, zabu darkhawk, or galactus. I ignored S5 at the start because I thought they were just newer cards but if I'd known they'd be completely imbalanced maybe I would have done things differently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The way the whole series 5 things works is seems bad for new and active players that have no hope of getting these really powerful cards for months and months.