Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Weird that the site run by a transphobe is being transphobic. Never saw that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Bertha the Toaster posted:

Weird that the site run by a transphobe is being transphobic. Never saw that coming.

I doubt there is actually any concerted agenda here in Twitter’s part, it’s just mass-reporting by transphobes getting posts auto-flagged and there’s no one at the wheel to actually review appeals.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
We solved the problem of the car's auto driving going all wonky in the tunnel by importing some children and having them run in front of the car.

We told them if they stop, the car will eat them. It won't actually eat them (still working out the kinks on that part), just run them over, so it's more of a metaphor, but the explanation works. Kids are dumb, they believe it.

Best part is? Don't even have to pay them in money, they are happy just to be fed.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Tweeting "I disagree" is now HATEFUL CONDUCT

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of Disney, they solved this already decades ago

I love that little Disney subway in Houston's airport. It still runs now. There is also a newer elevated tram, but it doesn't have that Disney magic.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

In all fairness the only person who's ever seen Elon cumming is the lab tech holding the specimen jar.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Kingo Ligma posted:

In all fairness the only person who's ever seen Elon cumming is the lab tech holding the specimen jar.

New worst job ever.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Strong Sauce posted:

honestly if vegas had a subway system that would be actually be a good thing. instead they let elon build a lovely tunnel

I can't explain to you just how much huge swaths of this country hate the idea of public transit and are baffled at how to navigate the process of buying a subway ticket and figuring out which train to take. They would rather take a cab or park half a mile away from any place they may want to go before getting on a tram or bus. I told my parents that I have been using the local public transit since I moved if I had to get downtown or something and they acted like I was being stabbed at the bus stop, dragged behind the bus during the ride and shot when I get to the other end of the trip. Public transit is something you take if you are poor, the bus especially so. The Vegas loop was built for people like them and most of middle America. It's not public transit, it's cars like normal people use, not a bus or a train, the though of which hurts them deep in their souls.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
does musky care about saying this guy is bad? or pissing on the grave is good?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64202368

edit: oh apparently Brazil also tried to do its own Jan 6.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 8, 2023

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

PhazonLink posted:

does musky care about saying this guy is bad? or pissing on the grave is good?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64202368

edit: oh apparently Brazil also tried to do its own Jan 6.

quote:

In 2015, Vlok told the BBC's Newshour radio programme that was not responsible for the "inception of apartheid".

"I helped to keep it in place and to send me to prison for all the apartheid crimes, I think that would have been wrong," he added.

:fuckoff:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It's times like these I wish there was a hell for these motherfuckers to burn in eternally.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Hell is real and it comes in the form of a Tesla

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I still don't understand why the apple mouse requires me to flip it over to charge it

Internet Old One posted:

Because they don’t want people taking pictures of the mouse with ugly cables sticking out.

This is also why Neuralink does not permit photography

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hell is the hours at night these people are sad their peepee hurts and them scrolling their phone that their wife and kid hate them.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

Drone_Fragger posted:

They had to use human drivers because autopilot kept detecting the roads above and trying to steer onto them, alledgedly.

I don't know if people really understand how much this point shits all over on FSD, a 1-lane road with huge light bars on either side, with only a single kind of car on the road and nothing else, is probably the easiest-possible autonomous driving scenario. Tesla FSD is less than worthless

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I don’t want a ride in the scary tunnel system. Also - may as well make it stretch golf carts and get two lanes out of it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

QuarkJets posted:

I don't know if people really understand how much this point shits all over on FSD, a 1-lane road with huge light bars on either side, with only a single kind of car on the road and nothing else, is probably the easiest-possible autonomous driving scenario. Tesla FSD is less than worthless

I'm not a software engineer but couldn't they just not give those particular Teslas access to the surface road maps? Just shove in the tunnel layout and nothing else? It seems like the easiest problem in the world to solve but that just makes me worried I have Musk brain about it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The Vegas tunnel system seems like something I'd build in Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 to be as much of a slow pain in the rear end to my guests as possible. Naturally, Elon and his minions think a one car tunnel is genius.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The vegas loop exists for one purpose and one purpose only: to give the boring company the tiny shred of legitimacy it needs to successfully block public works projects

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The Vegas tunnel system seems like something I'd build in Roller Coaster Tycoon 1 to be as much of a slow pain in the rear end to my guests as possible. Naturally, Elon and his minions think a one car tunnel is genius.

I don't think even Musk is stupid enough to believe it. Didn't he admit recently to admit that it was just to throw a spanner in the works for a planned rail system or something?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Using twitter on any level is supporting trans hate at this point.

Dont post, dont "vote," dont view.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I don't think even Musk is stupid enough to believe it. Didn't he admit recently to admit that it was just to throw a spanner in the works for a planned rail system or something?

Yep: https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/elon-musk-hyperloop-rail-17486877.php

Never understood the adoring worship some of the internet has for this lying piece of poo poo.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Like others have said, he is that stupid, this is a recent excuse somebody came up with.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Yep: https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/elon-musk-hyperloop-rail-17486877.php

Never understood the adoring worship some of the internet has for this lying piece of poo poo.

That’s because the internet is a haven for temporarily embarrassed geniuses.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Data Graham posted:

Lol that his "fanboys" made up the after-the-fact justification that he created the Tesla Loop in order to put the boot to the working class

Makes them look more like psychos than he does tbh
i don't think they did because the pro-musk lie about the hyperloop is that it's all just research exercises for when the boring company builds an underground colony and mining operations on mars.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Bobcats posted:

I don’t want a ride in the scary tunnel system. Also - may as well make it stretch golf carts and get two lanes out of it.

Forget the carts, you could make it have fun lighting like the "cosmic bowling" type things and turn it into an underground mini golf course. That would be a good Vegas attraction. Sell booze along the way.

Golf balls are also less likely to burst into flames creating a hell tunnel of no escape.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

spunkshui posted:

Using twitter on any level is supporting trans hate at this point.

Dont post, dont "vote," dont view.

Elton John, a man who tried the hands across the isle bullshit with putin, after Russia enacted their anti-gay laws, so hard to the point that they watched a F1 race together, noped the gently caress out of Twitter.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

This was literally the primary discussion, the last half of the last page. Do people just post without reading threads?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Kingo Ligma posted:

I'm not a software engineer but couldn't they just not give those particular Teslas access to the surface road maps? Just shove in the tunnel layout and nothing else? It seems like the easiest problem in the world to solve but that just makes me worried I have Musk brain about it.

This is what I don't get either.

Back in the early 80's, I went on the factory tour of one of Eastman-Kodak's plants in Rochester NY. They had robotic wagons that could follow a paint stripe on the floor. They used them to deliver parts from one part of this massive plant to another. This was the coolest thing 8 year old me had ever seen!

Like, 40 years later, all the improvements in cameras and computers and GPS and tech in general, that little 80's semi-autonomous robot wagon could figure out how to get from point A to B in an expansive factory, but a Tesla can't do a simple loop?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Back in the early 80's, I went on the factory tour of one of Eastman-Kodak's plants in Rochester NY. They had robotic wagons that could follow a paint stripe on the floor. They used them to deliver parts from one part of this massive plant to another. This was the coolest thing 8 year old me had ever seen!

Like, 40 years later, all the improvements in cameras and computers and GPS and tech in general, that little 80's semi-autonomous robot wagon could figure out how to get from point A to B in an expansive factory, but a Tesla can't do a simple loop?

that loop is literally the perfect use-case for a vision system in a 4-wheeled vehicle and the cars have drivers lmao

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You could buy a lego robotics kit and one of the guided activities was making a line following car with the simplest possible light sensor you could mass produce and stick in a lego.

You're all thinking about this much harder than Boring did.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

were those lines a yellow color? musky hates yellow.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

were those lines a yellow color? musky hates yellow.

nah those are IR cameras, they see BLACK and WHITE. I've made robots with lego and other kits that do exactly what a Tesla should be doing in the "Hyperloop" with inferior vision systems to what Tesla is using.

Tesla hosed up and lost their LIDAR supplier, and then had to go back to the drawing board, but it turns out Tesla doesn't have industry-leader vision systems people because those guys work at companies that make robots that look at circuitboards through microscopes and poo poo.

So instead they make cars that can't drive through a tunnel marked with indicator lines autonomously without incident, with a vision system that by all measures should be able to do that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Flowers for QAnon posted:

This was literally the primary discussion, the last half of the last page. Do people just post without reading threads?

I know I do. I just scroll and scan most of the time.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Flowers for QAnon posted:

reading threads?

What does that mean

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I had one of those lego robotics kits as a kid and it was dope as hell. Really turned me onto tech stuff more.

Like, a 10 year old could figure out how to design, build and program (very simplified programming, but teaches the basic concepts) to follow a line you drew.

I also made a dog treat dispenser with it, then trained the dog how to use it by booping their snoot on a button. The dog picked it up pretty quick. :3:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Kingo Ligma posted:

have you ever wanted to do more work than is necessary at your job?

a lot of people who don't write software think of code way too visually, "block access to surface road maps for these specific cars and 'shove' in the tunnel layout" might be a real easy task if it was preplanned to support that, or it might take a 2 year rewrite of the code to support it. considering no one ever thought they'd need to block maps for some cars, there probably isn't an easy way to do this.

and there are way more risks to doing any kind of hackey job to get this done when there are federal regulatory agencies that oversee you.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Omg I didn't know the tunnel cars had drivers. That's so loving pathetic. It must be so expensive to hire all this staff for such a small "public transit" project. Maybe once they get tired of footing the bill, the loop can be outsourced to Uber.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Strong Sauce posted:

when there are federal regulatory agencies that oversee you.

what federal regulatory agencies are overseeing anything elon musk does outside spacex exactly, because I don't see a lot of evidence of it

like, I used to make chemo drugs and controlled substances, the DEA walked into the plant when my shift started and wanted piss from me, me, pointing at me once a month. Elon Musk is not regulated in any way, shape or form by the feds currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Finally saw Glass Onion, and Miles Bron is waaaaay more charismatic and likeable and socially adept and pop/cultured and cool than Musk could ever hope to be. And that's with the reveal that he's a dumb as gently caress grifting murderer!

Plus as far as we're aware, Bron's lovely cars never killed anyone.