Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Sunk Dunk posted:

i forgot to mention it cant be anything that takes skill

Oh… eurorack then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Sunk Dunk posted:

can someone pick a new hobby for me. i tried virtual racing but i realized i suck rear end

fragrance collecting. but to become the king of fragrance youtubers you'll have to surpass this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95Dqt8In6U

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Learning a language doesn't really take any skill, just brute persistence. Willingness to embarrass yourself also a plus

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike is probably drunk as poo poo right now waiting for this “win or go home” Packers game that’s about to start

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
go lions

-jeremy fragrance

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

i forgot to mention it cant be anything that takes skill

Take up drinking

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Actually start playing pool. It’s a lot of fun and there are likely leagues in your city you can join.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Or learn woodworking and how to make furniture. Furniture is so ridiculously expensive and lovely these days, I wish I could make my own.

Just get a circular saw and some sand papers and start cutting.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

If Rich Evans can do it then you can do it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
watch terrible movies and drink

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Maybe one of those BusyBox toys repackaged and sold to adults? I hear Lego makes some sweet kits.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Eurorack synthesizers :homebrew:

This reads like someone who got into it and is trying to sell you their 2-3k robot fart sounding device.

Don't buy it from them, buy it from me instead.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Cool video about Call on Me that goes into all of it and the rerecording and stealing it from Thomas Bangalter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYAiU4DKUY

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Endless Trash posted:

Mike is probably drunk as poo poo right now waiting for this “win or go home” Packers game that’s about to start

If the Packers make the playoffs, we can expect a content drought for the entire month of gently caress You It’s January.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

King of the Cosmos posted:

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti

haven't listened to this album in over a decade and forgot it existed. thanks for the blast from the past

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish i was more attractive like dagless

\ She's smooth, like ice
Cold to the touch and it isn't very nice
When your left (cold to the touch) alone
You let them treat you badly, leaves you hanging on the phone
Take off (hot enough)
Shove your lovin' to the wheel
Put the pedal to the floor
'Cos your heading for the hills
Got to get away, can't take it no more
Man you don't need this
Leave it, leave it, leave it at the door

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

King of the Cosmos posted:

I hope somebody realizes that they are taking the piss out of the horrible 80s flop "Perfect" where John Travolta plays a reporter for Rolling Stone who has to infiltrate the hottest aerobics studio in town run by Jamie Lee Curtis.
I always wondered what the plot of this movie was and of course it'd be the dumbest thing

also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apP-J-ernN0

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hike the Appalachian Trail it’s pretty cool.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
packers have mike on suicide watch

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Yeah we’re gonna need proof of life within 24 hours or RLM is done

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Poor Mike, at least we will get content.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
My parents wouldn't let me watch Beavis and Butthead until my dad got sick of pretending he didn't watch it too, and they just gave up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The packers sure played like an 8-8 team tonight lol

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MarcusSA posted:

The packers sure played like an 8-8 team tonight lol

*8-9

d00kiemastah
Jun 11, 2006
An afro is the symbol of a man.

jazzyjay posted:

FROM started strong with a good Stephen King small-town-vs-horrors vibe but the wheels start spinning about ep 3 and then it goes to mystery box land. It was the one that made me swear off starting that kind of show before they've finished making it.

I just finished Dark and I think it’s the only time I’ve felt a mystery box show stuck its landing. Things got a bit iffy here and there, but overall I thought it was a really fantastic show that managed to keep an emotional core as things get progressively more sci-fi, and the questions get answered pretty satisfyingly and cleverly. Have you seen some other mystery box shows that have finished and managed to be worth it? Lost burned me so long, so hard and so deep...all those years ago...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

LanceHunter posted:

If the Packers make the playoffs, we can expect a content drought for the entire month of gently caress You It’s January.

Good news!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

https://twitter.com/mikestoklasa/status/1612312794518388738?s=46&t=Rc-29LuSmEW0LYcjEMJiEQ

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

d00kiemastah posted:

I just finished Dark and I think it’s the only time I’ve felt a mystery box show stuck its landing. Things got a bit iffy here and there, but overall I thought it was a really fantastic show that managed to keep an emotional core as things get progressively more sci-fi, and the questions get answered pretty satisfyingly and cleverly. Have you seen some other mystery box shows that have finished and managed to be worth it? Lost burned me so long, so hard and so deep...all those years ago...

Dark was pretty cool and did a good job!

I dunno if it would be a mystery box but I really felt that the Watchmen HBO series did a great job of having a good self contained story that wrapped up well. I think Lindelof kind of redeemed himself after Lost with that :haw:

I'd love another season, even with a completely different cast of characters, but I don't think that'll happen.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

:thurman:

NUUUUUKKIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

priznat posted:

Dark was pretty cool and did a good job!

I dunno if it would be a mystery box but I really felt that the Watchmen HBO series did a great job of having a good self contained story that wrapped up well. I think Lindelof kind of redeemed himself after Lost with that :haw:

I'd love another season, even with a completely different cast of characters, but I don't think that'll happen.

Lindelhof redeemed himself with Leftovers, a show I never want to watch again

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lindelhof redeemed himself with Leftovers, a show I never want to watch again

Oh yeah I hear that one is good but the devastating part of it makes me avoid it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

priznat posted:

Oh yeah I hear that one is good but the devastating part of it makes me avoid it

It's really good. You should watch it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-exorcist-iii-collector-s-edition-1?product_id=8015

Shoutfactory is releasing Exorcist 3 on UHD in a couple months. Excellent movie that should be on everyone’s regular Halloween list

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

priznat posted:

Which part?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

the devastating part

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

doomisland posted:

Cool video about Call on Me that goes into all of it and the rerecording and stealing it from Thomas Bangalter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyYAiU4DKUY

I will not stand for this attack on half of daft punk

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/the-exorcist-iii-collector-s-edition-1?product_id=8015

Shoutfactory is releasing Exorcist 3 on UHD in a couple months. Excellent movie that should be on everyone’s regular Halloween list

Holy poo poo this rules.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Some people can't stand to stand in the shadow of RLM, I guess

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/et-model-auction-intl-scli/index.html

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

JediTalentAgent posted:

Some people can't stand to stand in the shadow of RLM, I guess

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/et-model-auction-intl-scli/index.html

Lot of money to spend on a handjob robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
We never saw them take a few hundred live-sized ET models and toss them into a woodchipper, though